watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

fine and points deduction??

Started by wadey, February 04, 2010, 09:42:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wadey

Nicky Shorey is on a collision course with FIFA because he played for his third club this season when he made his Fulham debut against Portsmouth on Wednesday.
The world body are unhappy that English football continues to provide a loophole to avoid their transfer rules, which state that players can represent a maximum of two clubs in one season.
The former England full back played for Fulham after signing on loan from Aston Villa, following an earlier nine-game spell at Nottingham Forest. But Shorey and Fulham are backed by the FA, the Premier League and the Football League, all of whom classify his time at Forest as an emergency loan.
Asmir Begovic will also defy the three-club rule if he makes his Stoke debut against Blackburn tomorrow. The former Portsmouth goalkeeper went to Ipswich on an emergency loan earlier this season.
A FIFA spokesman said: 'FIFA are concerned about the system of emergency loans in general and have approached the Football Association on various occasions in the past regarding this. FIFA will be contacting them again in order to obtain clarification with regard to this issue.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1248600/Fulhams-Nicky-Shorey-FIFA-probe-playing-club-season.html?ITO=1490#ixzz0ebcq2n5Q

OldBrownShoe

But didn't Liverpool set a precadent when they signed wotshisname from the Cheats?
Johny's in the basement
Mixing up the medicine
I'm on the pavement
Thinking about the government
The man in the trench coat
Badge out, laid off
Says he's got a bad cough
Wants to get it paid off
Look out kid
It's somethin' you did
God knows when
But you're doin' it again
l

finnster01

I am more concerned about the size of Sepp Blatter's brown bags under the table. They may even be bigger than Harry Redknapp's. It's all storm in a tea cup anyway.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

fulhamguy

We won't get any fine or points deduction because the FA and Premier League have sanctioned this deal.
COYW!

JBH

The reason we didn't sign Cousin lfrom rangers last January was because of the restriction on playing for more than 2 club in a season.

If anyone is at fault it will be the FA who sanction all transfers and have a rule regarding emergency loans.

I fully expect to see Shorey in the line up v Bolton tomorrow.

The Doctor

What Mr Austin said.

I love that the Mail contradict themselves within their own article.  Nicky Shorey will at no stage talk to FIFA.  His (and Begovic's) case might lead to the loophole being closed for next season, but there can be no case to answer for us (or Stoke) as the deal has been sanctioned under the prevailing rules.

So Blatter and his idiot cronies can get back in their pram.  And they can take the Daily Mail with them