watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tuesday Fulham Stuff (01/08/17)...

Started by WhiteJC, August 01, 2017, 07:05:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Slavisa Jokanovic slams Fulham's transfer policy amid Nottingham Forest's interest in Kevin McDonald

The Serbian is gearing up for Fulham's home encounter with Norwich on Saturday

Fulham boss Slavisa Jokanovic has criticised the club's transfer policy, amid speculation surrounding two of his star players.

The Serbian admits he has no say over who stays and who goes at Craven Cottage and appears to be on a collision course with Craig Kline, the Whites' head of stats.

Nottingham Forest have been linked with midfielder Kevin McDonald, who wasn't involved in Saturday's 3-0 defeat to German side Wolfsburg, while former Hull striker Sone Aluko is another linked with a move away from West London.

Jokanovic admits the list of targets he's put forward has been completely ignored, and sees no sense in the way the club works, while concerns remain about players being sold against his wishes.

"It is not in my hands. I expect for the club to bring me more material and I am really motivated working with these people and try to make the team more competitive," said the 48-year-old.

Nottingham Forest are understood to have renewed their interest in Fulham's Kevin McDonald (right)

"My list is completely ignored and in this moment we decide follow one way I didn't find so many sense and in this moment I don't feel any responsibility.

"In this moment, from recruitment process, for another side I am going to show my ambition for working with the team in the pitch and other side I must show respect to my players to supporters and my family and push hard to do everything to be successful."

While Jokanovic admits he's happy with some aspects of Fulham's transfer business ahead of their Championship opener at home to Norwich on Saturday, he still feels his side are short in other areas.

"This is about recruitment - first of all I am very happy because we signed Tom Cairney and Ryan Sessegnon and I am very happy because Tomas Kalas and Lucas Piazon stay with us," he said.

"In the future we are going to need some quality player in different positions and in the end we need little bit more quality at centre-back."

Speculation has surrounded McDonald throughout pre-season, with Forest believed to have initially been put off by a £7m price tag placed on the 28-year-old Scotsman.

Ex-Hull man Aluko is out of contract next summer and Jokanovic's attention appears to be on keeping the Nigerian international, having seen the club reject bids for the 28-year-old.

"In this moment the only job that I can do is to fight for Sone Aluko because around me there is some news that we are thinking about selling him," he said.

"If we do this it will be big mistake for my team and I didn't be part of this recruitment this year and I can't comment anything about this process."

On McDonald's omission from Saturday's squad, Jokanovic said he had some "small problems" and would be back for the weekend.

"He, like Tom Cairney and (Neeskens) Kebano have some kind of the small problems and we don't want to take any risks for this game and I expect they can be ready and available for the start of the Championship," he said.

http://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/slavisa-jokanovic-slams-fulhams-transfer-255588

WhiteJC

Fulham make big bid for Portuguese league striker.

Fulham today have made a bid reportedly in the region of £6 million pounds for Portuguese striker Rui Fonte.
Fonte had been linked to the club earlier in the window but it can now be confirmed that a big money bid has been made for the 27 year old. This follows the signing of Aboubakar Kamara for €3 million plus add ons.
Fonte is a clinical striker as he fired in 11 league goals for Braga last season in 26 games. This would be his second stint in England as he was at Arsenal as a youth player but never managed to make a first team league appearance.
Fonte is just what Fulham need as he is an out and out finisher and Fulham created the most chances in the Championship last season but didn't have a clinical striker as Chris Martin fell out of form the second half of the season.
Rui Fonte is the younger brother of West Ham centre back Jose Fonte so a move to London may suit him as he won't be too far away from his family.

The £6 million pound fee would take Fulhams summer spending over £10 million and would give us our second striker acquisition of the window while the Diego Rolan deal is still up in the air.

https://charlesjonessports.com/2017/07/31/fulham-make-big-bid-for-portuguese-league-striker/

WhiteJC

Transfer Talk: Fulham reject 'multiple bids' for ex-Hull City man Sone Aluko following Reading interest

The former Hull City man has been the subject of speculation this summer with Reading thought to be one of the clubs interested in a move.

Fulham say they are looking into extending the contract of forward Sone Aluko after confirming they have received "multiple bids for the star".

The former Hull City man has been the subject of speculation this summer with Reading thought to be one of the clubs interested in a move.

Fulham say there are moves to extend the contract of striker Sone Aluko and confirmed "multiple bids" from an unnamed club have been rejected.

Speaking after the Cottagers' defeat by Wolfsburg, manager Slavisa Jokanovic said: ""All I can do is fight, around me there is news we're thinking about selling him.

"If we do this then it will be a big mistake for my team."

Following Jokanovic's interview, Fulham told BBC Radio London: "Ultimately, it looks likely there could be a contract extension.

"The club have had multiple bids for him and have rejected them."

Speculation about Nigeria international Aluko's future comes at a bad time with the club set to begin their Championship campaign against Norwich City on Saturday.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/transfer-talk-fulham-reject-multiple-13408546

WhiteJC

Fulham look to ward off interest from Reading FC in Sone Aluko

The Nigerian has been strongly linked with Royals

Reported Reading FC target Sone Aluko is set to be offered a new deal by Fulham.

The Nigerian attacker has been heavily linked with Royals in recent days.

Whites boss Slavisa Jokanovic has admitted a number of bids have been rejected for the 28 year old.

And the Serbian further revealed a contract extension is on the cards for Aluko to ward off interest in the player.

Royals have made just three signings to date so far this summer.

Pelle Clement , Jon Dadi Bodvarsson and Vito Mannone have all been brought in by Jaap Stam although the Dutchman is keen to add several more players to his squad.

Following Saturday's friendly defeat against Vitesse Arnhem, Stam said : "It's still a month but we have to play several games. You want to bring the players in as quick as we can so hopefully we can do something this week."

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/fulham-look-ward-interest-reading-13408999

WhiteJC

Fulham still awaiting decisions from two players.

Fulham are waiting on two players to make a decision as to whether they want to sign or not.

Fulham have come to an agreement with both Liverpool and Bordeaux, for the loan of Sheyi Ojo, and the transfer of Diego Rolan.

The Diego Rolan interest has been going on for over a month now, he has visited Mostpur Park multiple times. A fee has been agreed between Fulham and Bordeaux believed to be around £5 million but Rolan is holding out for a move to a top league amid reported interest from Newcastle.
Despite multiple reports from other sources saying that we have ended our interest, the offer is still on the table for  Rolan and he is yet to decide.

Diego Rolan would suit Fulhams style as he can play anywhere across the front three and posseses great pace. With the incoming signing of Aboubakar Kamara set to be announced in the coming days, Rolan could follow as signings may show him that we have the ambition to get promoted.

Rolan scored 9 Ligue 1 goals last campaign but in previous years he has broken double figures with ease scoring 15 league goals in 2014/15.

Sheyi Ojo has a pick of some of the best clubs in the Championship to go on loan to with Middlesbrough, Derby and Fulham all courting the young winger. Standing at just 1.67M tall Ojo wouldn't be the most physical player in Fulhams team but he does posses a great technical skill and a lot of flair. Personally if he signs I don't see him being anything but a back up behind Ayite, Aluko and Kebano but only time will tell.

Do you think we should sign Diego Rolan if he's stalled for this long? What do you make of Ojo after his time at Wolves?

Discuss in the comments or at

http://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?board=1.0

https://charlesjonessports.com/2017/07/31/fulham-still-awaiting-decisions-from-two-players/

WhiteJC

Fulham's renewal of Tom Cairney and Ryan Sessegnon contracts were 'key' according to former Middlesbrough boss Aitor Karanka

Do you agree with Aitor Karanka's Fulham prediction?

Former Middlesbrough manager Aitor Karanka has said the new contracts for Ryan Sessegnon and Tom Cairney was "key" business for Fulham this summer.

Speaking in column in the Sun, the Spaniard predicted another play-off finish for the Cottagers.

He said: "I see Fulham fighting for the play-offs again - just like they did last year.

"It's difficult to keep the players focused to fight for the same level again but I feel Joka did a really good job last year.

"He is trying to find new players and the experience from last year can be very useful to them.

"Signing Ryan Sessegnon and Tom Cairney to new contracts was key.

"I really like Sessegnon when we played against them in the cup last season. I couldn't believe he was just 16 years old!

"And Cairney is a player who I really like, who now has one year more of experience."

Karanka's prediction: Sixth place

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fulhams-renewal-tom-cairney-ryan-13409115

WhiteJC

Fulham's most recent addition will help Jokanovic's Premier League dream again

With the beginning of the Championship season now just a week away, Fulham boss Slavisa Jokanovic is beginning to put the final touches to his West London outfit as they prepare for the difficult visit of Norwich next Saturday.

The Cottagers have conducted some excellent transfer business this summer, bringing in the likes of Oliver Norwood and Lucas Piazon on season long loan deals, as well as tying Ryan Sessegnon and Tom Cairney to the club for at least another will excite fans of the former Premier League outfit.

Jokanovic had hoped to tie up a deal for former loan man Tomas Kalas before the season began, and although he has cut it fine, Kalas is now a Fulham player once more.

The Czech international spent last year on loan from West London neighbours Chelsea and was a key figure in the club's league run, which ended in an agonising Play-Off semi-final defeat to Reading.

The 24-year-old made 36 appearances for Fulham last year, and will slip straight back into Jokanovic's back line ahead of their season opener.

The addition of the imposing Czech will come as a relief to the Serbian boss, as it appeared that a deal may not materialise.

Bringing Kalas back to the club is an excellent move for both club and player, and the presence of the centre half will play a great role in any success Fulham enjoy this year.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/fulhams-most-recent-addition-will-help-jokanovics-premier-league-dream-again/

WhiteJC

U18 Fixture Release

The fixtures for The Under-18s have been released and The Young Whites kick off their Premier League South campaign at Motspur Park to Arsenal.

Last year Fulham finished fifth in the Premier League South and entered Group B, in which they also finished fifth.

Fulham have had a successful pre-season, winning four out of their five fixtures. They still have two more friendlies to play before the season kicks off, against Portsmouth and Nottingham Forest.

The fixtures are as follows:

12th August 11am: Arsenal (H)

19th August 11am: Swansea City (A)

26th August 11am: Southampton (H)

9th September 11am: Reading (A)

23rd September 11am: Brighton and Hove Albion (H)

30th September 11.05am: Chelsea (A)

14th October 12pm: Aston Villa (H)

21st October 11am: Tottenham Hotspur (A)

18th November 12pm: Leicester City (H)

25th November 12pm: Norwich City (H)

9th December 11am: West Ham United (A)

6th January 11am: Swansea City (H)

13th January 11am: Arsenal (A)

20th January 11am: Southampton (A)

3rd February 11am: Reading (H)

10th February 11am: Brighton and Hove Albion (A)

24th February 11am: Chelsea (H)

3rd March 12pm: Aston Villa (A)

17th March 12pm: Leicester City (A)

7th April 11am: Tottenham Hotspur (H)

14th April 12pm: Norwich City (A)

21st April 11am: West Ham United (H)

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/july/31/u18-fixtures-release

WhiteJC

Forest close in on 'two players' with Fulham's McDonald expected soon

Mark Warburton hopeful Nottingham Forest will sign two new players as rumours surrounding Fulham's Kevin McDonald continue.

Nottingham Forest manager Mark Warburton is hopeful of securing two new signings before his team kick off their 2017/18 campaign with a Championship fixture against Millwall on Friday (August 4).

Warburton is confident that by securing this final duo his Reds squad will be ready to compete over the coming 12 months, having already made six additions this summer.

"We are looking for two more players now. That will be us done after that. I want a squad of 22 or 23," the Forest boss told the Nottingham Post.

"They have to bring another level of quality to the squad, otherwise there is no point. We are hopeful that we do have two players very near.

"Will it be permanent signings or loans? It will be a combination of the two, possibly.

"It depends on what the terms of the deal are. It has to suit us and it has to suit the selling or loaning club. A lot of work is going on."

The article speculates that one of those signings is certain to be Fulham midfielder Kevin McDonald, who has been strongly linked with the club for some time.

The Cottagers do not want to sell McDonald, but did not include the 28-year-old in their squad that lost 3-0 to Wolfsburg in a pre-season friendly on Saturday (July 29) as talk about his future rumbles on.

Forest were initially put off by the £7m pricetag for the Scotsman, but it is believed that a deal can still be struck up between the two teams from the English second tier.

As for the second signing, that is expected to be a loanee, probably from a Premier League club.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/07/31/forest-close-in-on-two-players-with-fulhams-mcdonald-expected-so/

WhiteJC

Who is Nottingham Forest target Kevin McDonald?

The Scottish midfielder has once again been linked with a move to the City Ground

Kevin McDonald battles Ben Brereton at Craven Cottage last season (Image: Getty)

A key part of Fulham's impressive Championship campaign last season, Kevin McDonald is believed to have had a £7m price tag slapped on him earlier this summer in an attempt to fend off interest from rival clubs.

Speculation has mounted, though, that Nottingham Forest manager Mark Warburton has returned to Craven Cottage in an attempt to bring the dynamic midfielder to the City Ground.

Here, the Post takes a closer look at the 28-year-old Fulham man.

What's his background?
Having started his career at Dundee, McDonald spent three seasons at Dens Park before moving to Burnley in 2008.

Celtic tried to sign him in 2006 for a fee in the region of £75,000 which was rejected, before the Clarets first tried their luck with a £250,000 bid.

That was turned down by Dundee, though Burnley eventually secured his services for twice that and his first goal came against Forest's arch-rivals, Derby, when the Rams were swept aside in a 3-0 defeat at the end of November 2008.

A move to Sheffield United followed and then Wolves. The deal which took him to Molineux was believed to have cost £750,000.

While in the Black Country, he was in the Wolves side that won the League One title, racking up a record 103 points in the process, winning the Players' Player of the Season award, as well as the fans one, too.

After being forced to train with the Wolves youngsters, his career then moved to Fulham - his seventh club, who signed him for an undisclosed fee, understood to be around £1.25m.

He went on to play 48 times for the Cottagers last season as the club lost in the play-offs to Reading, coming third in the Player of the Season vote behind Tom Cairney and Stefan Johansen.

During that campaign, McDonald scored three times, collected 14 bookings and one red card, coming in a 4-0 home defeat to Bristol City in September.

Internationally, McDonald has represented Scotland at under-19, 21 and senior level.

Isn't he familiar to Nottingham?
He is.

During Paul Ince's ill-fated reign at Notts County, McDonald spent a spell on loan at Meadow Lane from February 2011 to the summer of that year.

During his time at Meadow Lane, the midfielder played 11 times for the Magpies.

Any misdemeanours?
During a 6-1 thrashing against Manchester City in April 2010, McDonald was subbed at half-time by then Burnley boss Brian Laws with the score at 5-0 to the Citizens.

Instead of watching the second half of the Premier League game, to see if his team-mates could restore some pride, McDonald trotted off to the pub next door to be with his father.

Laws fined him his £5,000 weekly wage for the incident and then the Scotsman moved to apologise to the Clarets, accepting it was an error of judgement on his part.

"I now realise it was naive, disrespectful and totally wrong of me to leave the ground at half-time," he said.

"It was a gross misjudgement and instead I should have remained at Turf Moor to support my club and team-mates.

"I also showed a serious lack of respect to all the fans who were at the ground and who pay to watch their team play.

"I would like to apologise to the players, management and supporters."

Kevin McDonald faces Forest last season (Image: Dan Westwell)

What could Forest expect from him?
Regarded as a classy, ball playing midfielder with a good engine, going from box-to-box, McDonald has the ability to pick a pass and open up the defence and create. Last season he chipped in with three assists for Slavisa Jokanovic's side along with his three goals.

http://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/who-nottingham-forest-target-kevin-256120

WhiteJC

Discord at Craven Cottage?

The start of the new season, the 2017 / 2018 Championship season, is almost upon us.

For many this weekend can`t come round quick enough, it seems an eternity since that heart-breaking evening when Reading ended our hopes of climbing, via the play-offs, out of the Championship and back into the Premier League.

Here at Vital Fulham we`ve got our fingers crossed hoping that Craven Cottage, come next May, will be celebrating promotion.

However, with the new season almost upon us, it doesn`t seem as if everything is as it should be at Craven Cottage, there appears to be a little discord in the camp.

Lurking in the sports pages of the tabloid publication, The Sun, is the inference that Slavisa Jokanovic isn`t a happy man.

Our source is reporting that the club may take the decision to sell Sone Aluko to Reading and it appears that Jokanovic`s planned summer transfer spree hasn`t gone as planned with the boss quoted as having remarked,

"If we sell Aluko it will be a big mistake for my team. And my list is being completely ignored."

If that`s the case it is disappointing to read, after finally finding a manager who looks as if he can do great things with the club, we continue to read the same blind path that has seen us fail to recapture our Premier League status for far too long!

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=498841#ixzz4oTxJ9LdD

WhiteJC

Kamara Signs

The Club is delighted to announce the arrival of striker Aboubakar Kamara.

The Frenchman joins from SC Amiens for an undisclosed fee, on a four-year contract with a Club option for a further 12 months.

Kamara began his career at Monaco. After scoring regularly for the club's B team, he made his Ligue 1 debut against Lyon in September 2014.

At the end of the season he joined Belgian Pro League side KV Kortrijk on a permanent transfer, before returning to France a year later with Ligue 2 outfit Amiens.

Last season was a highly productive one for the 22-year-old, as he helped Amiens win promotion to the top flight for the first time in their history.

The Ligue 2 campaign ended in remarkable fashion. Deep into stoppage time in the season finale, Amiens were drawing 1-1 at Reims after Kamara's opener - his 11th league goal of the season - had been cancelled out, meaning they would finish sixth in the standings.

But a 96th minute winner earned them the three points and catapulted them up to second, ensuring automatic promotion.

Tony Khan, Vice Chairman and Director of Football Operations, said: "Today is a big day for Fulham. We're excited that Aboubakar Kamara has joined our great club.

"Aboubakar brings exceptional speed and finishing ability up top and, despite his youth, he's already played a major role in achieving promotion for his prior club. It's no secret that we've had interest in Aboubakar for some time, and I'm confident that it won't take long for our supporters to see why.

"We're delighted to welcome Aboubakar to Fulham, and we'll continue to do everything we can to build for the brightest possible future for the Club while also working hard to give our amazing supporters the excellent results that they deserve in the season ahead! COYW!"

Speaking to fulhamfc.com Kamara said "I am delighted to have completed my transfer to Fulham today. Fulham is a Club with a fantastic history and tradition, and I'm looking forward to bringing my qualities to help the team and achieve success."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/july/31/kamara-signs

WhiteJC

Fulham complete the signing of Aboubakar Kamara from SC Amiens

The Frenchman joins from SC Amiens on a four-year contract with the club having the option for a further 12 months.

Fulham have completed the signing of Forward Aboubakar Kamara for an undisclosed fee.

The Frenchman joins from SC Amiens on a four-year contract with the club having the option for a further 12 months.

Kamara began his career at Monaco, before joining Belgian Pro League side KV Kortrijk on a permanent deal.

He then moved on to French Ligue 2 side Amiens.

Speaking to the club's official website, Kamara said: " I am delighted to have completed my transfer to Fulham today.

"Fulham is a club with a fantastic history and tradition, and i'm looking forward to bringing my qualities to help the team and achieve success."

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/fulham-complete-signing-aboubakar-kamara-13410218

WhiteJC

Fulham Fans To Travel 6417 Miles In 2017/18

With the make up of Championship known for the coming 2017/18 season and the curtain long drawn on the 2016/17 year, here is how far Fulham fans will travel in the second tier campaign in the coming year.

The exact order of these trips were discovered when the fixtures were released a couple of weeks ago, but on a simple alphabetical basis travelling fans can tot up the cost of their journey's if they want to scare themselves, based on the number of miles involved this season.

Miles are round trips and approximately rounded.

Aston Villa - 245 miles
Barnsley - 358 miles
Birmingham City - 237 miles
Bolton Wanderers - 441 miles
Brentford - 11 miles
Bristol City - 234 miles
Burton Albion - 289 miles
Cardiff City - 297 miles
Derby County - 259 miles
Hull City - 377 miles
Ipswich Town - 187 miles
Leeds United - 394 miles
Middlesbrough - 509 miles
Millwall - 19 miles
Norwich City - 257 miles
Nottingham Forest - 258 miles
Preston North End - 456 miles
Queens Park Rangers - 6 miles
Reading - 77 miles
Sheffield United - 325 miles
Sheffield Wednesday - 343 miles
Sunderland - 558 miles
Wolverhampton Wanderers - 280 miles

A rough total of 6417 with journey's being rounded and no doubt some clever travellers know shortcuts on these numbers especially when hitting the London area.

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=498742#ixzz4oTyblxn0

WhiteJC

Fulham sign forward Aboubakar Kamara from Amiens

Fulham have signed forward Aboubakar Kamara from Amiens.

Sky Sports News understand the Cottagers have paid a fee in the region of £5.35m to sign the 22-year-old.

Kamara has penned a four-year contract, with the option of a further 12 months, at Craven Cottage.

He becomes manager Slavisa Jokanovic's sixth signing of the summer following the arrivals of Marcelo Djalo, Ibrahima Cisse, Lucas Piazon, Oliver Norwood and Tomas Kalas at the Sky Bet Championship club.

"I am delighted to have completed my transfer to Fulham today. Fulham is a club with a fantastic history and tradition, and I'm looking forward to bringing my qualities to help the team and achieve success," Kamara said.

Kamara scored 11 goals in 29 appearances last season as Amiens secured promotion to Ligue 1 for the first time in their history.

Tony Khan, vice chairman and director of football operations, said: "Today is a big day for Fulham. We're excited that Aboubakar Kamara has joined our great club.

"Aboubakar brings exceptional speed and finishing ability up top and, despite his youth, he's already played a major role in achieving promotion for his prior club.

"It's no secret that we've had interest in Aboubakar for some time, and I'm confident that it won't take long for our supporters to see why.

"We're delighted to welcome Aboubakar to Fulham, and we'll continue to do everything we can to build for the brightest possible future for the club while also working hard to give our amazing supporters the excellent results that they deserve in the season ahead."

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11681/10968760/fulham-sign-forward-aboubakar-kamara-from-amiens

WhiteJC

Aboubakar Kamara: Fulham sign SC Amiens striker for undisclosed fee

Aboubakar Kamara joined Amiens ahead of last season from Belgian side KV Kortrijk

Fulham have signed SC Amiens striker Aboubakar Kamara on a four-year deal for an undisclosed fee.

Kamara, 22, scored 11 goals in 29 games last season to help the French side win promotion from Ligue 2.

The Championship club have an option to extend the former Monaco trainee's contract by a further 12 months at the end of his deal.

"Aboubakar brings exceptional speed and finishing ability up top," said Fulham chairman Tony Khan.

"It's no secret that we've had interest in Aboubakar for some time, and I'm confident that it won't take long for our supporters to see why."

Fulham start the new Championship season at home to Norwich City on Saturday.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40777651

WhiteJC

Nigeria's Aluko could get new Fulham deal

English Championship side Fulham are eager to retain the service services of Nigeria international Sone Aluko ahead of the new campaign.

The Cottagers have confirmed that they have already rejected multiple bids for the striker from an unnamed club.

Fulham head coach Slavisa Jokanovic wants the 28-year-old marksman to stay with the club as they prepare for the 2017/18 season.

"All I can do is fight," Jokanovic told BBC Radio London.

''Around me there is news we're thinking about selling him.

"If we do this then it will be a big mistake for my team," he added.

The club told the same radio station that: "Ultimately, it looks likely there could be a contract extension.

"The club have had multiple bids for him and have rejected them."

Aluko, who netted only nine goals in 50 appearances for the Cottagers last season, is an important player for Jokanovic's side.

http://africanfootball.com//news/721952/Nigerias-Aluko-could-get-new-Fulham-deal

WhiteJC

Fulham sign French forward Kamara
by Dan on July 31, 2017

Fulham have completed the signing of French forward Aboubakar Kamara from Amiens on a four-year contract, the club confirmed this afternoon.

The 22 year-old striker arrives in London for an undisclosed fee having been close to joining the club in the closing hours of the January transfer window. Kamara, who scored 11 times in 29 appearances as Amiens won promotion from Ligue 2 last season, began his career with Monaco and returned to France in 2016 after a two-year spell with Belgian side Kortrijk. His final goal of the season helped Amiens clinch a remarkable promotion in May, with a stoppage-time winner lifting them up from sixth into the final promotion spot.

Kamara told the Fulham website:

I am delighted to have completed my transfer to Fulham today. Fulham is a Club with a fantastic history and tradition, and I'm looking forward to bringing my qualities to help the team and achieve success.

The striker's arrival – heralded as 'a big day for Fulham' by the club's vice chairman and director of football operations Tony Khan – finally gives head coach Slavisa Jokanovic further attacking options ahead of the Whites' opening game of the Championship season against Norwich City on Saturday.

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2017/07/fulham-sign-french-forward-kamara/

WhiteJC

Big news on Fulham's contract offer to Diego Rolan

The transfer saga with Diego Rolan has been going on for far too long now and it looks like Fulham may have found a solution to Diego Rolan's demands.

A source close to the club today has told us about the contract that Fulham have offered to Rolan. According to our source Fulham have offered Rolan a 1 year deal with a view to an extra year if we get promoted.

This is a very risky move considering it would be a transfer valued at £5 million potentially leaving on a free next year. On one hand you could say that this is terrible business but on the other you can say that this shows great ambition from Fulham as they are willing to back themselves to go up this season.
This would ease Rolan into joining the club as he ideally wants to sign for a Premier League side. If he signs this contract he knows that he will either be signing for a Premier League team on a free at the end of the season, or playing for a newly promoted Fulham team.

Diego Rolan would join Aboubakar Kamara and potentially Rui Fonte as another striking option. An area where Fulham have been very light recently.
What do you make of this deal? Is it worth it for Fulham or is it too big of a risk? Discuss in the comments or at

http://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?board=1.0

https://charlesjonessports.com/2017/07/31/big-news-on-fulhams-contract-offer-to-diego-rolan/

WhiteJC

This Fulham XI Could Win The Championship – Featuring New Arrivals And The Rumoured Ones

A Winning XI – This Fulham Lineup Could Potentially Win The EFL Championship This Season

Fulham have done extremely well in keeping Tom Cairney and Ryan Sessegnon at the club for the coming Championship season and both will play a very prominent part.

Along with their current stars and a few new signings, the club are still chasing the likes of Maxime Poundje and Nahki Wells and with those brought in too; their team would be looking in particularly good shape. Here's how their line-up could look with a view to winning the title:
GK – Marcus Bettinelli

The 25-year-old usurped David Button towards the end of last season and is progressing nicely. Should keep his place.
RB – Ryan Fredericks

Though he was not as flashy as Malone on the other side, Fredericks was a major part of Fulham's attacking play and at 24 is still getting better.
CB – Tomas Kalas

The Chelsea man returns for another loan stint and is very good at this level. He is at a level that makes him deserving of a title tilt.

CB – Marcelo Djalo

The new boy could be anything at this stage but will have to first get past the experienced Tim Ream.
LB – Maxime Poundje

The attacking left-back hasn't played an awful lot for Bordeaux but is still young and can get better with game time.  Interesting if the club can bring him in as a replacement for Scott Malone.
CM – Stefan Johansen

Has proven to be excellent at this level and has even improved since his Celtic days. A source of goals despite his deep lying position and is a key player in this squad.

CM – Oliver Norwood

The likes of McDonald and Cisse provide excellent cover, but Norwood may yet prove to be one of the better signings of the summer in this league and will do well.
RW – Sone Aluko

Still an important member of this team, Aluko retains some Premier League quality arguably, and is not out of place in a title challenge.
CAM – Tom Cairney

Tom Cairney is absolutely top quality and there's no doubt about it. He was Fulham's hearbeat in the final third and there's no reason why that would change this season.

LW – Ryan Sessegnon

There are other options, such as Lucas Piazon, however, it's hoped that the young star will play up the field in this position regularly next season. If he does, he will terrorise defences at this level.
ST – Nahki Wells

Wells only hit 10 goals last season but it was in a promotion winning season at Huddersfield and it must be remembered that he scored 18 the year before and Fulham are looking for exactly that sort of figure from their no.9.

http://soccersouls.com/2017/08/01/this-fulham-xi-could-win-the-championship-featuring-new-arrivals-and-the-rumoured-ones/