watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wednesday Fulham Stuff (02/08/17)...

Started by WhiteJC, August 02, 2017, 07:04:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Club say Fulham transfer completed at 'extraordinary amount', very pleased with situation

Fulham have finally signed a striker, hurrah!

Aboubakar Kamara joins from Amiens after a successful Fulham chase, as part of the club's seemingly never ending search for Championship goals.

The London club have been keen on Kamara since the January transfer window, when, after an overly ambitious but still impressive move for Sergi Enrich, Fulham turned their attention to the Amiens man.

It was deadline day, and whilst there was confidence in France that a deal could be done, and Kamara spend the second half of the season at Fulham, it didn't work out that way.

Amiens coach Christophe Pelissier is impressed by the €7m transfer fee, and is quoted by L'Equipe as saying: "This is an extraordinary amount for a club like ours."

Pelissier believes that despite Kamara moving to Fulham, Amiens can have a good season as long as the striker is replaced well enough, he also wants a fullback signing from the Fulham funds.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/club-say-fulham-transfer-completed-extraordinary-amount-pleased-situation/

WhiteJC

Kalas was 'fighting' to get back to Fulham

Chelsea defender Tomas Kalas says he turned down interest from Hull City and Premier League clubs to re-sign on loan for Fulham.

Kalas, 24, helped the Whites reach the Championship play-offs last season, playing 40 times in all competitions.

And the Czech Republic international was happy to return for a second spell at Craven Cottage because of the style of football introduced by boss Slavisa Jovanovic.

"I was fighting to get back to Fulham," he said.

"There were other options that made sense as well, but in terms of this league I didn't want to go anywhere else.

"Hull was an option and they're going to have a strong team. I have been touch with different clubs as well from the Premier League but that was all stuck at the one point and didn't go any further.

"But I knew everything at Fulham – the way we play, what position I will have here. That was kind of decisive in my decision."

Prior to rejoining Fulham, Kalas was part of the Chelsea squad that travelled to China and Singapore for a pre-season training camp, playing the final 13 minutes of the 3-0 friendly win over Arsenal.

He also signed a new four-year deal at Stamford Bridge this summer, suggesting he feels he can one day become a regular despite having made just three first-team appearances.

"Now, it looks like an impossible thing but I wouldn't have signed a contract [otherwise]. People don't know what conversations there are between player and the club," he said.

"I'm quite pleased that I went to China and Singapore. I think I'm the fittest I've ever been and training with these players is always a lesson for me.

"I got fit and I gained some experienced from Antonio Conte and his methods.

"I was learning every day, but at the end of the day it's about playing time and I knew that I would get it at Fulham."

http://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/kalas-reveals-turned-hull-city-believes-future-chelsea

WhiteJC

Chelsea loanee Tomas Kalas reveals he is the fittest he's ever been ahead of Fulham's Championship opener

The Czech international returned on loan and is ready to take what he learnt with Chelsea in pre-season and transfer that into a successful season with Fulham

Tomas Kalas believes he is the fittest he has ever been after spending most of the summer at Chelsea before returning on loan to Fulham , and now he's ready to get promoted.

The 24-year-old returned on a season-long loan having spent the entire of last year on loan at the Cottage, helping the club get to the Play-offs.

It was no surprise that the Czech international returned to the club, having spent the summer liking Instagram posts galore, and having trained with Chelsea's first team for most of the season he is ready to take what he learnt with the English champions and transfer that to Fulham.

He said: "I was fighting to get back to Fulham, it wasn't easy as there were other options too but in terms of this league I didn't want to go anywhere else and that is why I'm here.

"Certainly, in terms of fitness, I'm the fittest I've ever been sop in terms of that it was great and training with these players is always a lesson for me so I'm thankful for that and at the end I'm pleased that I went to China and Singapore because I was learning everyday.

"At the end of the day it's about playing time and I knew that I would get it at Fulham.

"I got fit and gained some experience from Antonio Conte and his methods and training so I've learned a few things, I won't say what, but I will remember them and use it in the future.

"I wouldn't like to join a team that isn't going to have the highest ambitions so I know what we've done, we've got a stronger team - if you give us time so we're going to be competitive and I think we've learnt our lesson last season and what we were missing and hopefully we use it now this season.

If we play as we played and it doesn't work then fair enough, we need to changer something but we don't need to change anything at the moment - it worked last season and now we we will see."

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/chelsea-loanee-tomas-kalas-reveals-13413116

WhiteJC

The Championship 2017/18 big preview: Experts tip Fulham for promotion push with QPR backed for relegation battle

Teams have been busy adding to their squad, while trying to hold onto their leading stars but the phoney war is over with the real battle beginning

The Championship season is almost upon us with Sunderland and Derby kicking the new campaign off on Friday night.

Teams have been busy adding to their squad, while trying to hold onto their leading stars but the phoney war is over with the real battle beginning.

But what has gone on behind the scenes at the west London clubs' Championship rivals?

Marc Iles of The Bolton News contacted local journalist representatives from each of the 24 clubs, with one representing two, have provided a rundown and given their three to go up as well as the three to take the plunge at the end of the season before collating the overview.

Middlesbrough were named by 22 of the 23 journalists to win promotion, with Aston Villa in second place with 17.

The third team to go up was split between Sheffield Wednesday and Fulham, with eight different journalists naming the Owls and Whites in their promoted three. Derby and Wolves were the only other teams named by more than one reporter.

Relegation was slightly more clear cut with Burton named by 18 journalists, Millwall by 14 and Barnsley by 12. Bolton and QPR were also tipped to be down at the bottom of the table by several reporters.

You can see the overview of all the teams below.

Aston Villa
Reporter name and paper: Joseph Chapman, Birmingham Mail

Ground: Villa Park

Manager: Steve Bruce

Main summer signings: John Terry, Sam Johnstone, Glenn Whelan, Ahmed Elmohamady, Chris Samba.

Main summer departures: Libor Kozak, Jordan Veretout, Carlos Sanchez, Carles Gil, Aaron Tshibola.

Fans' expectation: In a word, promotion. That was the expectation last season, so Steve Bruce's first full campaign in charge will be greeted with even greater levels of pressure.

He's recruited with plenty of experience, so Villa as a whole are running out of excuses.

One to watch: If presented with an opportunity, Andre Green could have an impact this season.

Jonathan Kodjia and James Chester grabbed the headlines with their performances at either end of the pitch last season, but young winger Green has enjoyed a storming pre-season and could flourish.

Prediction time... Three to go up, and three to go down: Up – Middlesbrough, Fulham, Aston Villa. Down – Millwall, Ipswich, Burton.

Barnsley FC
Reporter name and paper: Doug O'Kane, Barnsley Chronicle

Ground: Oakwell

Manager: Paul Heckingbottom

Main summer signings: Lloyd Isgrove, Ethan Pinnock, Liam Lindsay, Jason McCarthy, Joe Williams, Stevie Mallan, Cameron McGeehan, Ike Ugo

Main summer departures: Marc Roberts, Josh Scowen, Marley Watkins

Fans' expectation: It is very hard to tell because more than half the squad are new signings and they have never played at this level before. Barnsley have had a lot of recent success with signing players from the lower leagues, but they have never had to gel together a new team in such limited time before. I think most fans would take 21st place right now, but Paul Heckingbottom has done everything right in his management career so far so they will be hoping for better than that.

One to watch: George Moncur struggled for the first half of last signing after joining from Colchester - and went on loan to Peterborough – but finished as Barnsley's best player. An attacking midfielder who started to hit the net in April, he is expected to have a big season this time.

Prediction time... Three to go up, and three to go down: Up – Middlesbrough, Sunderland, Villa. Down – Burton, Millwall, QPR

Birmingham City
Reporter name and paper: Joseph Chapman, Birmingham Mail

Ground: St Andrew's

Manager: Harry Redknapp

Main summer signings: David Stockdale, Marc Roberts, Cheikh Ndoye.

Main summer departures: Andrew Shinnie, Greg Stewart, Viv Solomon-Otabor, Diego Fabbrini, Kerim Frei, Reece Brown

Fans' expectation: While Blues fans can be forgiven for getting a bit excited with Redknapp's recruitment so far, it could be a case of enjoying the ride this coming season. Stability at least is key after last season's near miss with relegation.

One to watch: Che Adams burst onto the scene last season and has been the subject of interest from the Premier League.

Should they, as expected, hold onto the youngster, he could have a very promising season.

Prediction time... Three to go up, and three to go down: Up – Middlesbrough, Fulham, Aston Villa. Down – Millwall, Ipswich, Burton.

Bolton Wanderers
Reporter name and paper: Marc Iles, The Bolton News

Ground: The Macron Stadium

Manager: Phil Parkinson

Main summer signings: Adam Le Fondre, Jem Karacan, Mark Little, Stephen Darby, Adam Armstrong (loan), Will Buckley, Sammy Ameobi.

Main summer departures: Jay Spearing, Lawrie Wilson, Conor Wilkinson, Dean Moxey, Mark Davies, Liam Trotter.

Fans' expectation: Considering Bolton have been in a transfer embargo for nearly two years, last season's promotion was a miracle. Stability on and off the pitch is desperately craved by the Wanderers faithful.

One to watch: Josh Vela – Messed around as a right-back in Bolton's last stint in the Championship, he found his shooting boots in League One and has found a niche as a goal-getting midfielder in the Kevin Nolan mould.

Prediction time... Three to go up, and three to go down: Up – Middlesbrough, Derby County and Aston Villa. Down – Millwall, Burton and Barnsley.

Brentford
Reporter name and paper: Tom Moore, GetWestLondon

Ground: Griffin Park

Manager: Dean Smith

Main summer signings: Henrik Dalsgaard, Luke Daniels, Kamo Mokotjo, Neal Maupay, Ollie Watkins, Emiliano Marcondes (pre-contract)

Main summer departures: Alan McCormack and Jack Bonham.

Fans' expectation: With the squad Brentford have at the moment, a promotion challenge is a realistic expectation for the Bees this season. The last three seasons have seen the club finish in the top 10 so that is the minimum expectation.

One to watch: Jota – If the Spanish wing wizard stays then Brentford have one of the best players in the second tier. The 26-year-old has a wand of a left foot and is capable of leaving Championship left backs in knots.

Three up, three down: Up – Middlesbrough, Sheffield Wednesday, Brentford. Down – Bolton, Millwall, Burton.

Bristol City
Reporter name and paper: Gregor MacGregor – Bristol Post

Ground: Ashton Gate

Manager: Lee Johnson

Main summer signings: Eros Pisano, Famara Diedhiou, Nathan Baker, possibly a couple more to come.

Main summer departures: Mark Little, Lee Tomlin, possibly Aden Flint to come

Fans' expectation: The fans will hoping for year on year improvement, especially given that the club has broken its transfer record this summer. Avoiding another relegation battle would be hoped for at least, though what happens before the end of the transfer window may influence that.

One to watch: Jamie Paterson. Most eyes will be drawn towards record signing, Senegal international striker Famara Diedhiou, but Paterson was in exquisite form towards the end of the season and a large reason why City climbed the table last March and April. Should be even better in 2017-18.

Prediction time... Three to go up, and three to go down: Up – Birmingham, Aston Villa and Middlesbrough. Down – Millwall, Bolton, Barnsley

Burton Albion
Reporter name and paper: Joshua Murray – Burton Mail

Ground: Pirelli Stadium

Manager: Nigel Clough

Main summer signings: Matty Lund, Liam Boyce, Stephen Warnock, Jake Buxton, Luke Murphy, Hope Akpan

Main summer departures: Jon McLaughlin, Tom Flanagan, Lee Williamson, Phil Edwards, Callum Reilly

Fans' expectation: Brewers supporters know that their team upset all the odds and pre-season predictions to secure their Championship safety last term – and they'll have to prove the doubters wrong all over again if they are to thrive again this season, given their resources in comparison to many of their second-tier rivals. If they start the season with the same quality as 12 months ago but can be more ruthless in front of goal, though, they have every chance of pushing on from 2016/17.

One to watch: Liam Boyce – Burton's club-record signing this summer, the Northern Ireland striker was top scorer in the Scottish Premiership last season and has been recruited to add that cutting edge in front of goal at the Pirelli Stadium. Should he show the same quality in the air and around the box as he did for Ross County, the Brewers will reflect on a real coup of a transfer back in June.

Prediction time... Three to go up, and three to go down: Up – Aston Villa, Fulham, Middlesbrough. Down – Millwall, Barnsley, Bolton

Cardiff City
Reporter name and paper: Paul Abbandonato, WalesOnline

Ground: Cardiff City Stadium

Manager: Neil Warnock

Main summer signings Neil Etheridge, Lee Camp, Callum Paterson, Loic Damour, Nathanial Mendez-Laing, Lee Tomlin, Danny Ward

Main summer departures: Peter Whittingham, Rickie Lambert

Fans' expectation: There is a real buzz amongst Bluebirds fans that this could be their year again. The club has been divided for so many years, but with Warnock in charge everyone is pulling as one again. Warnock and Cardiff City seems a perfect fit, a sense of battling against the establishment. Watch the crowds soar in South Wales again.

One to watch Kenneth Zohore - Suddenly found his scoring boots in the second half of last season, he will have better service this time around and could challenge amongst the top Championship goal-getters. A Premier League quality centre-forward in the Championship.

Prediction time... Three to go up, and three to go down: Up – Aston Villa, Cardiff, Middlesbrough. Down – Burton, Bristol City, Bolton.

Derby County
Reporter name and paper: Steve Nicholson, Derby Telegraph

Ground: Pride Park Stadium

Manager: Gary Rowett

Main summer signings: Curtis Davies, Andre Wisdom, Tom Huddlestone

Main summer departures: Will Hughes, Tom Ince, Cyrus Christie, Abdoul Camara

Fans' expectation: Challenging for a top-six finish is what is expected. Finishing ninth last season was hugely disappointing and quite simply not good enough. Derby must improve on that and they have a manager in Gary Rowett who can spark an improvement. Fans have been encouraged by the signings although Will Hughes and Tom Ince have been sold.

One to watch: Tom Huddlestone - the holding/controlling midfielder is a key position and Huddlestone is comfortable in the role where he can showcase his composure, vision and passing range but in order for him to pull the strings Derby must get the balance right around him.

Prediction time... Three to go up, and three to go down: Up – Middlesbrough, Aston Villa and Norwich City. Down – Millwall, Barnsley, Bristol City.

Fulham
Reporter name and paper: Ryan O'Donovan, GetWestLondon

Ground: Craven Cottage

Manager: Slavisa Jokanovic

Main summer signings: Marcelo Djalo, Ibrahima Cisse, Tomas Kalas

Main summer departures: Scott Malone, Lasse Vigen Christensen

Fans' expectation: Fulham fans will be hoping the club can go one better than last season and gain automatic promotion this time around.

One to watch: Tom Cairney - He's the metronome in this Fulham side an arguably one of the best midfielders in the Championship. He was instrumental last season and after signing a new contract will be looking to push on.

Prediction time... Three to go up, and three to go down: Up – Middlesbrough, Derby, Fulham. Down – QPR, Burton, Barnsley

Hull City
Reporter name and paper: Will Jackson, Hull Daily Mail

Ground: The KCOM Stadium

Manager: Leonid Slutsky

Main summer signings: Ola Aina (loan), Fraizer Campbell, Kevin Stewart, Ondrej Mazuch, Michael Hector (loan)

Main summer departures: Alex Bruce, Curtis Davies, Harry Maguire, Josh Tymon, Shaun Maloney, Tom Huddlestone, Eldin Jakupovic, Ahmed Elmohamady, Andy Robertson

Fans' expectation: Work is still to be done in the transfer market if Hull are to be considered contenders this season. With the club bitterly divided optimism amongst the fanbase is unfortunately in short supply.

One to watch: Fraizer Campbell – The striker is already a firm fans' favourite after rejoining the club this summer after nine seasons. He will be hoping to have a similar impact this time around.

Prediction time... Three to go up, and three to go down: Up – Middlesbrough, Aston Villa and Wolves. Down – Preston, Barnsley and Burton

Ipswich Town
Reporter name and paper: Stuart Watson, East Anglian Daily Times & Ipswich Star

Ground: Portman Road

Manager: Mick McCarthy

Main summer signings: Joe Garner, Emyr Huws, Bersant Celina (loan), Dominic Iorfa (loan), Tom Adeyemi

Main summer departures: Tom Lawrence (loan expired), Christophe Berra, Brett Pitman, Jonathan Douglas.

Fans' expectation: Few expecting more than mid-table, but increased entertainment value is demanded. It wasn't so much last season's 16th place finish (worst in 58 years) which grated, rather the utterly forgettable footballing fare.

One to watch: Bersant Celina – Tricky left-winger has borrowed from Man City to fill the void left by last season's star loanee Tom Lawrence. Kosovan international can hopefully provide the star dust.

Prediction time... Three to go up, and three to go down: Up – Aston Villa, Middlesbrough and Wolves. Down – Millwall, Bristol City and Bolton.

Leeds United
Reporter name and paper: Leon Wobschall, Yorkshire Post/Evening Post

Ground: Elland Road

Manager: Thomas Christiansen

Main summer signings: Pontus Jansson, Mateusz Klich, Hadi Sacko, Felix Wiedwald, Vurnon Anita, Caleb Ekuban, Samuel Sainz, Ezgjan Alioski, Matthew Pennington.

Main summer departures: Charlie Taylor, Giuseppe Bellusci, Marco Silvestri, Luke Murphy (loan).

Fans' expectation: Despite the shock exit of Garry Monk in late May, the glass is very much half full among Leeds followers, who have been impressed by the early work of Andrea Radrizzani in buying back Elland Road, cultivating a professional ethos and sanctioning a fair outlay on several signings. The desperate hope is that the feel-good factor can be sustained when it matters.

One to watch: Chris Wood - Leeds have made a number of signings in the attacking third, but Wood remains very much the main man. Golden Boot winner with 27 Championship goals in 2016-17 - just under half of Leeds' total of 61 league goals last term. Say no more.

Prediction time... Three to go up, and three to go down: Up – Aston Villa, Derby, Fulham. Down – Ipswich, Preston, Burton.

Middlesbrough
Reporter name and paper: Philip Tallentire, Teesside Gazette

Ground: Riverside Stadium

Manager: Garry Monk

Main summer signings: Britt Assombalonga, Martin Braithwaite, Jonny Howson, Cyrus Christie, Darren Randolph, Connor Roberts (loan)

Main summer departures: Viktor Fischer, Victor Valdes, Bernardo Espinosa, Cristhian Stuani, James Husband, Antonio Barragan

Fans' expectation: The arrival of a new manager and half a dozen new signings has lifted the mood of gloom that's been hanging around since last season's pitiful campaign and relegation. Ticket sales are strong and there's a feeling that Boro are capable of mounting a serious promotion challenge.

One to watch: All eyes will be on record signing Britt Assombalonga, who arrived with a big reputation and an impressive goals-to-games ratio. The key will be to provide him with plenty of ammo because recent Boro teams have starved their strikers of service.

Prediction time... Three to go up, and three to go down: Up – Middlesbrough, Reading and Wolves. Down - Millwall, Preston and Burton.

Millwall
Reporter name and paper: Richard Cawley, South London Press

Ground: The Den

Manager: Neil Harris

Main summer signings: George Saville, Conor McLaughlin, Jed Wallace, James Meredith, Tom Elliott.

Main summer departures: Jimmy Abdou, Joe Martin, David Forde.

Fans' expectation: Millwall can't hope to match their Championship rivals in the spending stakes and a season of consolidation will be the target. Form at The Den - so hostile for the opposition - is absolutely key.

One to watch: Steve Morison - Veteran striker turns 34 in late August but still the one who makes the Lions tick. The Wembley matchwinner gives a snarl to the Lions' attacking play.

Prediction time... Three to go up, and three to go down: Up - Aston Villa, Middlesbrough, Derby. Down - Bolton, Burton, QPR.

Norwich City
Reporter name and paper: Paddy Davitt, Eastern Daily Press

Ground: Carrow Road

Head Coach: Daniel Farke

Main summer signings: Marley Watkins, Christoph Zimmermann, Harrison Reed (loan), Angus Gunn (loan), Mario Vrancic, James Husband, Marcel Franke.

Main summer departures: Jonny Howson, Graham Dorrans, John Ruddy, Seb Bassong, Youssouf Mulumbu, Kyle Lafferty.

Fans' expectation: Norwich City finished eighth last season, which was failure given the aim was an instant return to the Premier League. A new head coach, a major turnover of players and there is renewed optimism and excitement. But those inside the club are calling for a healthy dose of realism until things gel. Pushing for the top six again should be the aim.

One to watch: Harrison Reed - .The Southampton youngster looks set for a key role as the deep-lying midfield playmaker. New head coach Farke wants a possession-based game and Reed is excellent taking the ball in confined spaces. He also loves a tackle, which will immediately endear him to the City fans.

Prediction time... Three to go up, and three to go down: Up – Middlesbrough, Aston Villa and Sheffield Wednesday. Down – Millwall, Burton and QPR.

Nottingham Forest
Reporter name and paper: Paul Taylor, Nottingham Post

Ground: City Ground

Manager: Mark Warburton

Main summer signings: Jason Cummings, Barrie McKay, Daryl Murphy, Adreas Bouchalakis, Tendayi Darikwa

Main summer departures: Britt Assombalonga, Damien Perquis, Jorge Grant (loaned out), Gboly Ariyibi (loaned out)

Fans' expectation: New owners and a reasonably new manager have led to the start of a new era at the City Ground but, while there is plenty of optimism, a top half finish would be acceptable to most fans, as it would represent a step forward after five years of decline.

One to watch: Barrie McKay has only played in a handful of pre-season friendly games – but already looks like he will be a big influence either from the left side or in the number 10 role. An intelligent, exciting player.

Prediction time... Three to go up, and three to go down: Up – Middlesbrough, Sheffield Wednesday, Fulham. Down – Barnsley, Millwall, Bolton.

Preston North End
Reporter name and paper: Dave Seddon, Lancashire Post

Ground: Deepdale

Manager: Alex Neil

Main summer signings: Declan Rudd, Josh Harrop, Sean Maguire, Kevin O'Connor, Darnell Fisher

Main summer departures: Anders Lindegaard, Jermaine Beckford, Clive Smith, Aiden McGeady (end of loan), Alex Baptiste (end of loan), Simon Makienok (end of loan) Tyias Browning (end of loan)

Fans' expectation: The expectation is to finish higher than the last two seasons (11th place both times) and compete for the play-offs. North End briefly flirted with a play-off push last season but were always playing catch-up after a poor start.

One to watch: Sean Maguire. Preston have gone shopping in Ireland again and signed striker Maguire for £150,000. He arrives at Deepdale have scored 20 goals in the League of Ireland this season and more in the Europa League. A real livewire and one to watch once he gets to grips with the Championship.

Prediction time... Up: Derby, Aston Villa and Middlesbrough: Down: QPR, Burton, Barnsley

QPR
Reporter name and paper/site: Phil Spencer/ Get West London

Ground: Loftus Road

Manager: Ian Holloway

Main summer signings: Josh Scowen

Main summer departures: Karl Henry, Josh Bowler

Fans' expectation: QPR fans are expecting a tough season with additions few and far between after last season's 18th place finish. A relegation battle or lower mid-table finish is the general consensus.

One to watch: Conor Washington. Hasn't hit the goal trail as hard as he would have liked since joining from Peterborough United, but certainly has the ability to be a threat if utilised properly.

Prediction time... Three to go up, and three to go down: Up – Middlesbrough, Fulham, Sheffield Wednesday.

Down – Millwall, Barnsley and Burton Albion.

Reading
Reporter name and paper: Jonathan Low, getreading (www.getreading.co.uk)

Ground: Madejski Stadium

Manager: Jaap Stam

Main summer signings: Vito Mannone, Jon Dadi Bodvarsson, Pelle Clement.

Main summer departures: Ali Al-Habsi, Danny Williams, Jake Cooper.

Fans' expectation: Expecting another good season after last year's surprising third-place finish - given the past two seasons. Squad still relatively thin (at time of writing) but the nucleus of a good team is there, so with a few additions a top-six finish once again will be the target.

One to watch: Liam Kelly. Enjoyed a breakthrough year last season under Stam and has become an influential figure in the team. Came through the club's academy and recently signed a new contract for the third time in a year.

Prediction time... Three to go up, and three to go down: Up – Middlesbrough, Sunderland, Aston Villa. Down – Sheffield United, Barnsley, Burton Albion.

Sheffield United
Reporter name and paper: James Shield, The Star

Ground: Bramall Lane

Manager: Chris Wilder

Main summer signings: Richard Stearman, John Lundstram, Enda Stevens, Nathan Thomas, Ched Evans, George Baldock, Jamal Blackman (loan)

Main summer departures: Stefan Scougall, Marc McNulty

Fans' expectation: The Championship's finances have changed beyond recognition since Sheffield United were last in the division but a combination of shrewd-management and momentum could see them have a Preston-esque campaign this time around.

One to watch: Samir Carruthers - Made a relatively slow start to his Sheffield United career after arriving during the January transfer window but has looked exceptional during pre-season.

Prediction time... Three to go up, and three to go down: Up – Aston Villa, Middlesbrough, Fulham. Down - Queens Park Rangers, Burton Albion, Barnsley

Sheffield Wednesday
Reporter name and paper: Dom Howson, The Star

Ground: Hillsborough

Manager: Carlos Carvalhal

Main summer signings: George Boyd

Main summer departures: Vincent Sasso, Darryl Lachman, Modou Sougou, Claude Dielna, Urby Emanuelson.

Fans' expectation: A third successive promotion push. Having missed out on going up in the most heartbreaking of fashions, Wednesdayites will be hoping, in an ideal world, the team can avoid the play-off lottery and mount a serious top-two challenge.

One to watch: Jordan Rhodes - Has looked in good touch during pre-season. Rhodes will be hungry to prove a point after failing to make a big impact in their promotion charge last time around.

Prediction time... Three to go up, and three to go down: Up – Aston Villa, Middlesbrough, Sheffield Wednesday. Down - Millwall, Bolton, Burton

Sunderland AFC
Reporter name and paper: Richard Mennear, Sunderland Echo

Ground: Stadium of Light

Manager: Simon Grayson

Main summer signings: Aiden McGeady, Tyias Browning (loan), Brendan Galloway (loan), James Vaughan, Lewis Grabban (loan), Jason Steele.

Main summer departures: Jermain Defoe, Vito Mannone, Jordan Pickford, Fabio Borini, Victor Anichebe, Jan Kirchhoff.

Fans' expectation: I don't think Sunderland fans expect the club to storm the Championship given the huge turnover in players and financial restrictions facing the club given the £110million debt. Fans will of course want Sunderland to be challenging near the top and getting back to winning on a regular basis is the first aim, as the club looks to bounce back from relegation.

One to watch: Josh Maja, promising teenage striker is one to watch this season. The 18-year-old has been one of the standout performers in pre-season with four goals. Sunderland have added James Vaughan and Lewis Grabban with another striker to come but Maja is one to keep an eye on.

Prediction time... Three to go up, and three to go down: Up - Middlesbrough, Aston Villa, Sunderland. Down - Burton, Millwall, Bolton

Wolverhampton Wanderers
Reporter name and paper: Tim Spiers, Express & Star

Ground: Molineux

Manager: Nuno Espirito Santo

Main summer signings: Ruben Neves, Diogo Jota (loan), John Ruddy, Ryan Bennett, Willy Boly (loan), Barry Douglas, Roderick Miranda, Ruben Vinagre (loan), Will Norris, Phil Ofosu-Ayeh.

Main summer departures: Jon Dadi Bodvarsson, Mike Williamson, George Saville, Silvio, James Henry, Jed Wallace,

Fans' expectation: Season ticket numbers are up and so are expectations. A top six finish is the target but that's the case for at least 15 other teams in Europe's most competitive division. After a £47m outlay in the past 12 months Wolves can't afford another season of mediocrity.

One to watch: Ruben Neves - One of three additions from Porto who've linked up with their ex-boss. A deep-lying playmaker who has been courted by some of Europe's top clubs, Neves could be the creative cog Wolves have been crying out for.

Prediction time... Three to go up, and three to go down: Up – Middlesbrough, Sheffield Wednesday and Fulham. Down – Burton, Barnsley and QPR.

Final league table
This is based on the amount of votes received for each club with any ties being decided on alphabetical order.

1 Middlesbrough (22)

2 Aston Villa (17)

3 Fulham (8)

4 Sheffield Wednesday (8)

5 Derby

6 Wolves

7 Birmingham

8 Brentford

9 Cardiff

10 Norwich

11 Reading

12 Sunderland

13 Hull

14 Leeds

15 Nottingham Forest

16 Sheffield United

17 Ipswich

18 Preston

19 Bristol City

20 QPR

21 Bolton

22 Barnsley

23 Millwall

24 Burton

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/championship-201718-big-preview-experts-13413374

WhiteJC

Aboubakar Kamara bought into Fulham's ambition before sealing move from Ligue 1 Amiens

Done deal: Aboubakar Kamara has joined Fulham AFP/Getty Images

New Fulham signing Aboubakar Kamara says he was happy to swap the chance to play in Ligue 1 for a move to the Championship.

Kamara has joined from Amiens in a deal worth around £5 million. The 22-year-old forward scored 11 goals last season to help the French side win promotion from Ligue 2.

But Kamara, who has signed a four-year contract at Craven Cottage, says he was happy to leave and join Fulham.

"Nobody pushed me away," he said. "I decided myself. There is a good thing to do in Fulham. The club is ambitious. I want to play well and score."

Kamara becomes the sixth summer signing made by Slavisa Jokanovic after Marcelo Djalo, Ibrahima Cisse, Lucas Piazon, Oliver Norwood and Tomas Kalas.

Kamara said: "I knew for a while Fulham were interested, but I did not let it get into my head. I kept my feet on the ground. It is a good city and a good club."

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/aboubakar-kamara-bought-into-fulhams-ambition-before-sealing-move-from-ligue-1-amiens-a3601321.html

WhiteJC

Tomas Kalas reveals why he turned down a move to Hull City

The defender chose to join Fulham on a season-long loan this summer

Tomas Kalas has admitted a move to Hull City was an option, but he could not turn down a return to Fulham this summer.

When Leonid Slutsky took over at the KCOM Stadium, one of the first names linked to the Tigers was Chelsea defender Tomas Kalas with the Russian openly stating he plans to utilise his links to Stamford Bridge.

All hopes of landing the Czech Republic international were dashed when he returned to Fulham on a season-long loan deal for the second consecutive season.

However, speaking after his move Kalas revealed a move to Hull was close, but he preferred to link up once more with Slavia Jokanovich's side.

"I was fighting to get back to Fulham," he said.

"There were other options that made sense as well, but in terms of this league I didn't want to go anywhere else.

"Hull was an option and they're going to have a strong team. I have been touch with different clubs as well from the Premier League but that was all stuck at the one point and didn't go any further.

"But I knew everything at Fulham – the way we play, what position I will have here. That was kind of decisive in my decision."

http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/tomas-kalas-reveals-turned-down-260842

WhiteJC

Fulham sign new £5million striker Aboubakar Kamara ahead of opening-day clash with Norwich City

Fulham manager Slavisa Jokanovic has signed a new striker ahead of his side's clash with Norwich City. Picture by Paul Chesterton/Focus Images

Fulham have made a significant new signing ahead of Saturday's opening game of the Championship season against Norwich City.

Aboubakar Kamara, a 22-year-old French striker, has been signed from Amiens for a reported fee of around £5million to become manager Slavisa Jokanovic's sixth signing of the transfer window.

Kamara has signed a four-year deal, with the option for a further 12 months, having scored 11 goals in 29 games as Amiens secured promotion to the French top flight for the first time in their history.

He follows three recent loan signings, Czech defender Tomas Kalas and Brazilian attacker Lucas Piazon both returning for another season from Chelsea and midfielder Oliver Norwood from Brighton for the campaign.

The signing of Kamara would appear to end rumours of the Cottagers hoping to sign Norwich striker Cameron Jerome which have persisted in the off-season, ahead of the Canaries travelling to Craven Cottage this weekend.

Fulham's vice chairman and director of football operations, Tony Khan, said: "Today is a big day for Fulham. We're excited that Aboubakar Kamara has joined our great club.

"Aboubakar brings exceptional speed and finishing ability up top and, despite his youth, he's already played a major role in achieving promotion for his prior club. It's no secret that we've had interest in Aboubakar for some time, and I'm confident that it won't take long for our supporters to see why.

"We're delighted to welcome Aboubakar to Fulham, and we'll continue to do everything we can to build for the brightest possible future for the Club while also working hard to give our amazing supporters the excellent results that they deserve in the season ahead."

Speaking to fulhamfc.com, Kamara added: "I am delighted to have completed my transfer to Fulham today. Fulham is a Club with a fantastic history and tradition, and I'm looking forward to bringing my qualities to help the team and achieve success."

http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city/fulham-sign-new-5million-striker-aboubakar-kamara-ahead-of-opening-day-clash-with-norwich-city-1-5130200

WhiteJC

Fulham may have unearthed a real gem in this striker with an eye for goal

The centre forward position has been a topic of debate for Fulham Football Club and manager Slavisa Jokanovic this summer, with the Cottagers lacking a forward man following the the expiration of Chris Martin's loan deal from Derby County.

Jokanovic has put together a fantastic squad, but the striking position remained in need of serious strengthening, as the Serbian boss aims to guide his side back to the Premier League following a short stint of second tier football.

Just days before the season begins, Jokanovic has finally acquired a new frontman, with Aboubakar Kamara linking up with the club from French side, Amiens.

The 22-year-old smashed 15 goals in Ligue 2 last semester, as the side from northern France secured promotion to Ligue 1 for the first time in their history, following a last minute winner against Reims on the final day of the season.

Kamara was integral to Amiens success last season, and his prolific spell in front a goal played a huge role in firing the club to promotion.

Jokanovic has identified the Frenchman's talent and potential, and with experience and a proven track record of winning promotion, Kamara will be an excellent addition to the squad at Craven Cottage.

Kamara began his career with Monaco before switching to Belgian side Kortrijk, but was brought to Amiens at the beginning of last season.

Moving to West London and the Championship will be a huge step up for the youngster, but with age and a wonderful season under his belt, Kamara will feel that he is ready for the demands of the English games.

Strong, quick, and deadly in the area, Fulham may have unearthed a gem in the man of Mauritanian descent, and Kamara is yet another in the long line of top French talents to swap Ligue 1 for the Championship.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/fulham-may-have-unearthed-a-real-gem-in-this-striker-with-an-eye-for-goal/

WhiteJC

Mauritanian Camara moves to Fulham FC

Mauritanian-French forward Aboubakar Kamara has signed a four-year deal with Fulham FC after joining the English club from French outfit Amiens SC.

The 22-year-old striker, who is of Mauritanian descent, helped Amiens gain promotion to the Ligue 1 from Ligue 2 after netting 10 goals in 29 matches.

"I am delighted to have completed my transfer to Fulham today. Fulham is a Club with a fantastic history and tradition, and I'm looking forward to bringing my qualities to help the team and achieve success," Camara told Fulham's official website

Tony Khan, the Fulham vice chairman and director of football operations, explained that they were excited by the arrival of the French-born attacker.

"Today is a big day for Fulham. We're excited that Aboubakar Kamara has joined our great club," he told the club's official website.

"Aboubakar brings exceptional speed and finishing ability up top and, despite his youth, he's already played a major role in achieving promotion for his prior club.

"It's no secret that we've had interest in Aboubakar for some time, and I'm confident that it won't take long for our supporters to see why," he continued.

"We're delighted to welcome Aboubakar to Fulham, and we'll continue to do everything we can to build for the brightest possible future for the Club while also working hard to give our amazing supporters the excellent results that they deserve in the season ahead! COYW!"

Camara is not capped at international level and he's still eligible to play for either Mauritania or France.

http://africanfootball.com//news/722146/Mauritanian-Camara-moves-to-Fulham-FC

WhiteJC

The Football League Paper

The Football League Paper returns for another exciting season on Sunday 6th August.

Covering Fulham, the 48-page full-colour newspaper, which aims to provide the English Football League with more coverage than the national press (given their focus on Premier League coverage), is packed with comprehensive match reports, interviews, star columns, previews and of course, breaking news.

Don't forget to follow the newspaper on twitter: @theleaguepaper or on facebook.

To view a free sample copy of the Football League Paper, click here.

Football Grounds: A Fan's Guide:
Essential reading for any supporter who intends following their team away from home during the 2017/18 season, the guide covers all 92 football grounds of the English Premier and Football Leagues – as well as the Cup Finals and League Play-Offs venue, Wembley Stadium.

It is filled with useful information and tips for the travelling supporter. Not only are there practical details, such as directions to the grounds by road and rail but other guidelines to make your day more enjoyable such as including a listing of pubs that away fans normally frequent.

Order your copy today!

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/august/01/the-football-league-paper

WhiteJC

U18: Portsmouth 3-5 Fulham

Fulham beat Portsmouth 5-3 on Tuesday morning down on the South Coast. It was a game of two different halves, as Sonny Hilton scored a half hat trick in a dominant first half display.

Portsmouth did well to get themselves back into the game in the second half as Trialist A and Djed Spence scored late on to seal the win for the Young Whites.

Fulham were at it from the first whistle and it didn't take long for Fulham to make the pressure count.

Chris Kelly sent a fast pinpoint cross into the box only three minutes in, and Hilton sprung up and directed the ball into the top corner to make it 1-0.

The opening ten minutes the Young Whites were in complete control, with Kelly causing havoc down the right.

In the 13th minute Spence made a run to the box, nutmegged his defender before passing to Kelly. The winger's shot was parried away by the keeper, however only as far as Hilton who slammed it into the top left to double his, and Fulham's tally.

23 minutes into the match and Fulham were looking for more. Nicolas Santos-Clase broke down the left wing, he twisted and turned through five defenders before unleashing a shot at goal, which was kept out at the near post by Pompey's keeper.

Two minutes later and Jaydn Mundle-Smith sent a perfect long ball over Portsmouth's defence. Santos-Clase turned inside the box again, and had another attempt which was once more met with a good save.

From the resulting corner Timmy Abraham lost his marker, but headed over the bar. He had another chance soon after, and his shot was blocked out for a corner.

Portsmouth had their best chance of the half in the 40th minute, their winger cut in and shot bottom near post, but Julian Schwarzer got low quickly to keep the ball out.

Fulham straight after went back on the attack, Abraham had a shot across the face of goal, matched by a good save.

44th minute Hilton grabbed his hat trick. A weighted ball into the box found Hilton, and he had all the time he could ever need. He faked twice before sticking it into the left of the net for his his third.

Portsmouth were more competitive for the second half, with four very good chances in the first 10 minutes back on the pitch.

In the 60th minute the match exploded into life. In a hectic eight minutes, there were four goals. A wayward pass from gave Portsmouth their first opportunity, as their striker latched onto the ball and struck it past Schwarzer to narrow the gap to it 3-1.

Fulham responded to the setback three minutes later. In the 63rd minute, Shawkat Tahir got the ball to Trialist A, who was through to one on one with a defender. A tackle game in but the ball bobbled up and he struck an effort off the right post and into the back of the net.

Another goal came in the 65th minute, Tyrese Francois got caught in possession in midfield. Portsmouth stormed up the pitch and sent a ball down the channel to Portsmouth's number nine and he curled his shot to Schwarzer's left and into the goal to make it 4-2.

Three minutes later Portsmouth dragged themselves back fully into contention. A floated ball to the back post found their left winger unmarked and he headed the ball into the net to make it 4-3.

Both teams traded attacks for the rest of the match, Ben Davis went close with a header whipped in by Spence with nine minutes left on the clock.

Spence, who had a terrific game both defending and attacking, sealed the victory in the 87th minute. Santos-Clase sent a ball down the wing for him and Spence sprinted into the box under pressure. With a little chip and a fortuitous deflection, the ball nestled into the top left of the net to make it 5-3, awarding a two goal cussion.

In the final minute of the game Spence made the same run under pressure again, and got the ball back for Davis whose shot was blocked.

That win makes it five out of six for the Young Whites in pre-season, next up is Nottingham Forest on Saturday.

Line up:

Schwarzer, Spence, Corver (46' Armsworth), York, Mundle-Smith, Asare (68' Garrido), Kelly (Tahir), (60' Francois) De Havilland, Abraham (50' Trialist A), Hilton (60' Davis), Santos-Clase.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/august/01/u18-portsmouth-3-5-fulham

WhiteJC

Tomas Kalas exlains why he chose Fulham over Hull City

Tomas Kalas says he rejected offers from Premier League clubs in order to return to Fulham on loan because he 'knew everything' about the club, as reported by the Hull Daily Mail.

Kalas spent last season on loan at Chelsea's local neighbours Fulham from Chelsea, helping the Cottagers reached the play-off semi finals.

Chelsea wanted to loan out Kalas again this summer and Fulham and Hull were the two clubs most interested in his services.

New Hull manager Leonid Slutsky was interested in Kalas this summer, with the Czech defender being one of the first names linked with Hull this summer as result of the Russian's links with Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich.

However, Kalas, who spent the season before last on loan at Middlesbrough, chose to go back to Fulham for the 2017/18 season as they look to push for a Premier League return at the first time of asking.

Speaking after he re-joined Fulham, Kalas said:

I was fighting to get back to Fulham, there were other options that made sense as well, but in terms of this league I didn't want to go anywhere else.

Hull was an option and they're going to have a strong team. I have been touch with different clubs as well from the Premier League but that was all stuck at the one point and didn't go any further.

But I knew everything at Fulham – the way we play, what position I will have here. That was kind of decisive in my decision

http://readchelsea.com/2017/08/01/tomas-kalas-exlains-why-he-chose-fulham-over-hull-city/

WhiteJC

Fulham's decision to scrap premium rate ticket hotline hailed as 'huge victory for fans' by Supporters' Trust

Fulham's groundbreaking dialogue with the Supporters' Trust has already been commended in a Government and this is the latest in a successful partnership

The Fulham Supporters' Trust have hailed Fulham's decision to scrap their premium rate ticket hotline number as a 'huge victory for the fans'.

The club took the decision to axe the premium number in favour of a local number after listening to complaints from fans, who were paying extortionate amounts to access ticketing information or buy tickets.

Fulham's groundbreaking dialogue with their supporters' trust has been commended in a Government report and was the subject of a special presentation at the Supporters Summit of football fans last month and this is the latest in a long line of successful campaigns between the two parties.

Fulham Supporters' Trust chair Tom Greatrex, who has recently been elected as the new chair of the national fan's body Supporters Trust, said: "This is a huge victory for the Fulham fans.

"It also shows the value of the structured relationship we have with Fulham Football Club, which allowed us to make our concerns known face-to-face with the Club's chief executive, chief revenues officer and head of ticketing."

Greatrex revealed the Trust had received reports from their members that some fans received phone bills of more than £80 in both April and May.

"There was obviously a lot of demand for tickets in the final weeks of the season as the play-off push under Slavisa Jokanovic gathered pace," he added.

"Some fans didn't have tickets delivered for the match at Sheffield Wednesday and others were calling to see how many loyalty points they had for both Reading matches in the play-offs."

Fulham fans wishing to call the ticket office at Craven Cottage can now call 0203 871 810 with Jokanovic's side kicking off their Championship campaign against Norwich City at the Cottage on Saturday, with some tickets still available.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fulhams-decision-scrap-premium-rate-13417340

WhiteJC

Fulham's Sone Aluko: "We're not satisfied with what we did last season, we're thinking one step further — promotion"

Aluko in action during Fulham's final pre-season friendly against Wolfsburg (Source: courtesy of BPI )

Watching last season's dismal play-off final between Reading and Huddersfield, those connected with Fulham could be forgiven for feeling particularly frustrated at the drab bore draw.

After all, Slavisa Jokanovic's side had only been denied a place at Wembley by a single penalty in their semi-final against Reading a fortnight earlier and had routed both sides earlier in the campaign with performances that perfectly demonstrated why they were one of the Championship's most attractive sides to watch.

For striker Sone Aluko, however, seeing Huddersfield secure a first ever season in the Premier League with a penalty shoot-out triumph was the moment he was able to turn the page on play-off heartbreak.

"Huddersfield beat Reading, they were up and that was closure," Aluko told City A.M.

"After that, you go on holiday, you move on and start looking forward to next season. It was pretty quick.

"Of course, there was a sense of disappointment but that's football. Every time you play, you've got to earn the right to win, you can't base it off what we did before — winning 5-0 [vs Reading], 5-0 and 4-1 [vs Huddersfield] — you have to go out there and keep doing it every time.

"They earned the right to be there."

Tom Cairney looks on after Fulham's play-off semi-final loss to Reading (Source: Getty)

Earning your dues through consistency — it's a theme Aluko repeatedly alludes to in anticipation of the new season.

Under Jokanovic's direction, Fulham put together more passes, created more chances and took more shots than any other side in the Championship last season while only eventual champions Newcastle scored more goals.

It was an impressive achievement for a side few expected to be in the promotion discussion ahead of the campaign, after finishing 20th and 17th in the preceding seasons and a summer in which high-profile forwards Ross McCormack and Moussa Dembele both left the club.

Yet despite an attractive brand of football helping to drive crowds at Craven Cottage to the highest they've been since Fulham were relegated from the Premier League, the Cottagers suffered from outbreaks of poor form that derailed their progress.

"We want to build on last season," says Aluko. "We're not satisfied with what we did last year.

"We're proud of what we did — at the start of last season we weren't tipped to be anywhere near the play-offs — but we want more.

"Every time you go out and play you have to earn the right. Whether we were tipped last season or not, whether we're tipped this year, it doesn't mean teams are going to come and go 'Fulham are a top team'.

Aluko: "We're very confident" (Source: Getty)

"It's like Newcastle last year, they had to go out and win the league. No one gave it to them and we're no different. We know it's going to be tough this year but we fancy the challenge."

After the upheaval of last summer, Fulham have largely kept last season's main players together with the exception of left-back Scott Malone, who has joined Huddersfield, and Scott Parker who has retired.

Aluko himself has attracted multiple bids from an unnamed club, although the Cottagers have rejected the advances — Jokanovic said such a sale would be a "big mistake" — and are considering offering the 28-year-old a new contract having already tied the influential Tom Cairney and teenage star Ryan Sessegnon to new deals this summer.

"The more you play, the more you get to know each other," said Aluko.

"We want to strengthen, but the team we have now we're satisfied with. We're confident. Very confident.

"This season we're thinking one step further and that's getting promoted."

http://www.cityam.com/269548/fulhams-sone-aluko-were-not-satisfied-we-did-last-season

WhiteJC

Mark Warburton must bolster his Forest midfield by adding this Fulham man to his squad

Taking charge of his first transfer window at the club, Nottingham Forest manager Mark Warburton will know that his side will be vastly improved ahead of the new campaign, having narrowly avoided relegation to the third tier last time out.

A number of new faces, including Barrie Mackay and Jason Cummings, are set to impress the crowds at the City Ground this semester, with striker Cummings attracting particular interested following the big money departure of Britt Assombalonga.

Forest are still in the midst of replacing Henri Lansbury, who departed for Villa in January, but Warburton may have finally found his new midfield man in Fulham's Kevin McDonald.

The 28-year-old Scot made 45 league appearances for the Cottagers last season, and played an important role in the West London club's run to the play offs.

Fulham boss Slavisa Jokanovic has made big changes at the club this summer, and now McDonald may be surplus to requirements, with Warburton circling the player.

McDonald enjoyed successful spells with Sheffield United and Wolves before moving to Fulham, and would slide seamlessly into the Forest midfield.

The Reds have a number of top quality young prospects in their squad, so adding a player of McDonald's experience and calibre to the middle of the park would be an excellent pivot from which Warburton could build his team around.

McDonald will sit in the middle of the park, and his eye for a pass could prove deadly, with new signing Cummings looking dangerous in pre season playing off the shoulder of the last man.

Jokanovic may want to keep the player as he attempts to break the top six for a second consecutive season, but with cash to burn, Forest should make sure McDonald plays in red before the summer window slams shut.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/mark-warburton-must-bolster-his-forest-midfield-by-adding-this-fulham-man-to-his-squad/

WhiteJC

Jokanovic must work his magic once more and convince this player his future lies at Fulham

Things are coming together for Fulham boss Slavisa Jokanovic in the summer transfer window, as his side fast approach their opening weekend encounter at home to Norwich City this weekend.

Jokanovic has moved to further improve his squad in the past week, bringing in Tomas Kalas and Aboubakar Kamara as he looks to bolster his options at both ends of the field.

Following the additions this offseason, Jokanovic has also been forced to fight to keep hold of his brightest talents, and having fended off interest in Ryan Sessegnon and Tom Cairney, must now convince winger Sone Aluko that his future lies at Craven Cottage.

Reading have been linked with a move for the former Hull City man, who scored 8 times and laid on a further 10 assists as Fulham reached the playoffs last season, and Jokanovic must pull out the stops to keep him at the club.

Jokanovic has retained the majority of his squad from last year, adding strength and depth in the summer months, and losing Aluko so close to the opening game would be a hammer blow to the Serb's side.

The Nigerian international linked up with the Cottagers only last year, and has become integral to the squad, and the partnership he has forged with the central midfield pair of Cairney and Stefan Johansen has proven prolific.

The midfield duo know the runs Aluko will make before he even takes a step, and the fluidity of the Fulham squad is bolstered by these partnerships.

Aluko is strong, fast, and a goalscoring winger, something of extreme value at any level, and will play an important role in Fulham's promotion push.

Jokanovic must sit down with the player in the coming days to iron out a new deal, and ensure the 28-year-old is at his disposal beyond the September transfer deadline.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/jokanovic-must-work-his-magic-once-more-and-convince-this-player-his-future-lies-at-fulham/

WhiteJC

Fulhamish's Away Day Planner: September 2017

In the latest instalment of how best to Follow Fulham Away this season, our away day maestro Dom Betts conducts you through the three away days in September.

Burton Albion
16th September, 15:00

Travel

Advance train tickets are on sale for the game. You can go either of two ways and that's via Tamworth or via New Street both from London Euston. The walk from the station to the ground takes around 25 minutes, all you need to do is turn right down Derby Road from the station and continue walking down this road until you get to the ground. There is a taxi rank at the station, and this usually costs about £6 for the journey to the Pirelli Stadium.

London Euston (EUS) – Burton-on-Trent (BUT)

Journey Time – 2 hours (times can vary)

Adult – £30.00
Adult with Railcard – £19.80
Child – £15.00

Where to park

There is a large car park at the ground which costs £5, however this gets full pretty quickly.
    Alternatively car parking is available at the Ryknild Trading Estate (also costing £5), just off the roundabout right by the stadium.
    There is also some street parking available.

Where to drink

1) The Roebuck Inn, 101 Station Street, DE14 1BT – This pub is right by the station. It has a good selection of beers and live televised sport to catch the early kick off.
2) The Beech Inn, Derby Road, DE13 0DL – This is the nearest pub to the ground. It's only a 10 minute walk away and has a beer garden, so this could be a good option if it's a nice day.
3) The Lord Burton, 154 High Street, DE14 1JE – This again is just your regular run of the mill town centre Wetherspoons outlet. So you'll get your normal Wetherspoons food options and cheap beer.

Nottingham Forest
26th September, 19:45

Travel

Unlike Leeds, getting back to London after the game is possible by train. Advance tickets are already on sale. You'll get a train from London St. Pancras to Nottingham (obviously) before the game which is about a 20 minute walk from the ground. When you come out of the station turn left, and then turn left again. Follow the road down to the dual carriageway and then turn right. The ground is about 3/4's of a mile down the dual carriageway on the left, just over Trent Bridge. Alternatively a taxi will cost you on average £8-10. For the return journey you'll either need to have a taxi booked from the ground or order an Uber to make the journey to Newark North Gate which takes around 20-25 minutes. Last year an uber costed £26 so if sharing is relatively cheap Then take the 2307 from Newark North Gate to London Kings Cross arriving at 0103 (although this has arrived early in years before).

Where to park

1) The council operate a car park on match days on the Victoria Embankment, located near to the cricket ground. They charge £5 but it is only a two minute walk to the stadium.
2) There is a relatively new, secure multi-story car park at Nottingham Railway Station which offers match day parking at £4 all day. You enter the car park via Queens Road.
3) The council also provide parking at their Eastcroft depot (NG2 3AH) at £4 a car. The depot is a ten minute walk from the City Ground, located just off London Road (A60), opposite Hooters. The entrance is signposted with banners and is manned by security guards throughout the match.

London St Pancras (STP) – Nottingham (NOT)

Journey Time – 1 hour 40 minutes

Newark North Gate (NNG) – London Kings Cross (KGX)

Journey Time – 1 hour 56 minutes

Adult – £30.50
Adult with Railcard – £20.10
Child – £15.25

Where to drink

1) Hooters, 1 London Road, NG2 3AS – A lot of Fulham fans have drunk on here on previous occasions. Serves great food and good beer.
2) The Company Inn, Castle Wharf, Canal Street, NG1 7EH – This is a very good Wetherspoons outlet on the waterfront. Serves cheap beer and decent food, as well as showing Sky Sports as it's a Lloyds No 1 bar.
3) Many of the pubs in the city centre will let away fans in, however none near the stadium do – the closest in that regard is The Meadow Club which is the Notts County Supporters Club and the Nottingham Rowing Club.

Queens Park Rangers
29th August 19:45

Travel

Nearest tube stations

1) White City (Central Line) – 5 minutes walk
2) Wood Lane (Hammersmith & City) – 7 minutes walk
3) Shepherds Bush Market (Hammersmith & City) – 10 minutes walk
4) Shepherds Bush (Overground & Central) – 15 minutes walk

Where to park

1) It's probably easiest to just park on the road in this area as it costs £6.60 for three hours parking. Some of these areas are free after 5pm. However, there are a number of restricted parking zones around the stadium so be careful where you park.
2) You can also park at the Westfield Shopping Centre in Shepherds Bush. It is open seven days a week and costs £8. If you sign up in advance to their Smart Parking Scheme, then you can park there for £6.

Where to drink

1) Belushi's Bar, 13-15 Shepherd's Bush Green, W12 8PH – This is one of the only bars in the area that permits away fans so I'm pretty sure you'll see loads of Fulham fans in here pre-game.
2) The William Morris, 2-4 King Street, W6 0QA – This is a Wetherspoons outlet that's only a 10 minute taxi journey or half hour walk from the ground next to Hammersmith Station.

BONUS: Jack highly recommends drinking in the Red Lion & Pineapple, which is another Spoons just up from Acton Town tube. From there the 207 and 607 take you pretty much five minutes gates of Loftus Road.

https://www.fulhamish.co.uk/post/2017-08-01-fulhamishs-away-day-planner-september-2017/

WhiteJC

Forget Diego Rolan – Fulham Should Look To Sign Any Of These 2 Super Alternatives

No Rolan No Problem – Two Alternatives That Fulham Can Consider Instead

As well as being tracked by Newcastle United, Diego Rolan is still wanted at Fulham as they see him as the man to lead their line in a possible Championship title tilt.

He is messing clubs around by saying he will wait until the end of the window and choose the best deal for him. So with that in mind, Fulham would do well to scrap this deal and ensure they get somebody else to avoid any disappointments.

The last thing the boss would want is to go into the start of August not knowing who he will have at his disposal for the rest of the season and with that in mind, here are two others the West Londoners could go for instead of Rolan:

Benik Afobe (Bournemouth)
Spending money on someone with proven goal scoring ability at this level can end up looking like a bargain and just about every team promoted automatically in the past have shown that a player of this type is necessary. Boro in fact have splashed out cash for Britt Assombalonga, a player not wanted as yet by Premier League clubs. So you can make a fair comparison there.

Afobe first of all, can definitely get them 15 goals plus and is in a price range which makes this transfer wholly realistic. Other similar goal scorers, such as Leeds' Chris Wood, would demand twice the price in the market which makes them too big a risk. Going foreign and cheap for a striker is a risk of a different type and not one that a club chasing promotion to the Premier League should take.

Jordan Hugill (Preston North End)
Reaching a good level now with Preston North End and sure to get better, Hugill has just had his most productive season ever, managing 44 appearances in the league. His 35 starts in that time have yielded 12 goals and you can add a few more to that next season as he continues to improve.

Given better service, which he would definitely get from the likes of Aluko and Cairney, he can be expected to start passing the 20-goal mark, which these days is extremely valuable in the Championship. Although Lejeune did alright, Grant Hanley struggled again to cope with Hugill in a pre-season friendly against Newcastle at the weekend and I expect a big season from the front man.

http://soccersouls.com/2017/08/02/forget-diego-rolan-fulham-should-look-to-sign-any-of-these-2-super-alternatives/

WhiteJC

Why Fulham Should Retain Kevin McDonald Beyond This Summer

It has been a frustrating summer so far for Fulham manager Slaviša Jokanović with the club's hierarchy failing to land most of his transfer targets. Ibrahima Cisse, Marcelo Djaló and Aboubakar Karama are the only arrivals at Craven Cottage so far. Jokanović feels that more players need to be added to build on the club's success last season.

Fulham were agonisingly close to securing a trip to Wembley but were beaten over two legs by Reading in the Championship play-off semi-finals last season. They played some of the most scintillating football in the division at times and were unlucky not to achieve promotion to the Premier League.

Remarkably, one of their stand out players from last season in the form of Kevin McDonald has been linked with a move to Championship rivals Nottingham Forest, managed by Mark Warburton. We take a look at why the club should keep hold of the 28-year-old midfielder beyond this summer.

Trust Jokanović's judgement on transfers

Jokanović has publicly criticised the club's policy on transfers yet again this summer and believes that the club's hierarchy is totally ignoring all his opinions and thoughts. This has left him concerned that the club may sell some of his star assets this summer against his wishes, such as McDonald.

It is remarkable that a club such as Fulham would risk frustrating a manager such as Jokanović who has turned them from relegation fodder into promotion contenders. There is always the possibility that he could move elsewhere if another opportunity arose and this is a huge risk if Fulham continue to give him no say in transfers.

One of Fulham's Star Players Last Season
McDonald was one of Fulham's star players last season and would have won the club's player of the season award if it was not for the outstanding performances from 26-year-old Tom Cairney. This just goes to show what a poor decision it would be to let McDonald walk away from the club this summer.

A Host of Championship Experience
Another reason to why Fulham should not consider letting McDonald leave this summer is because of the amount of experience he has at this level. He has racked up plenty of appearances at Sheffield United, Wolverhampton Wanderers and now Fulham. He is very highly rated by supporters of all of these clubs.

He made 33 appearances for the Cottagers last season, and without him, it is unlikely that they would have ended up in the play-off positions. He can also massively help out the club's youngsters such as 17-year-old Ryan Sessegnon by passing on his experience.

Would Only Improve Their Opposition
If the club allowed McDonald to join Forest this summer, it would drastically improve one the squad of one of their Championship rivals for the upcoming campaign. This is something which should be avoided at all costs as you never want to improve those who you are competing against.

Forest boss Warburton will be hoping that Fulham's bizarre transfer policy will work in his favour and see him land one of the most talented midfielders at this level. There is no doubt that if Forest managed to secure the signature of McDonald this summer, it would turn them into playoff contenders after a torrid campaign last time out.

http://www.sportscourant.com/why-fulham-should-retain-kevin-mcdonald-beyond-this-summer.html

filham

Everyone, including myself, has been saying for a long while that we need a big, strong, proven centre back,
Has it occurred to anyone that if Ream continues in the form he showed at the end of last season he and Kalas could form a very good defensive partnership capable of seeing us to promotion.