watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Relegation battle - are we invited?

Started by Jimpav, February 04, 2010, 10:38:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimpav

It's been suggested that we are only one or two losses away from the relegation battle. Personally I think this is nonsense. We're do well to finish in the top 10 but we still have sixteen matches to find 10 points.

FC Silver Fox

Let's take a worse case scenario. Given that there's a whole bunch of clubs below us and they've all got to play each other, I think 36 points would see us safe. That means we've got to win just 2 of the remaining 14 games to achieve that, with maybe a draw or two just to be sure. If we had that kind of form, it would be the worst we've had in the last 20 years and we'd still be safe.
So, bottom line,look up and not down.
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

3 wins and we are safe,but just safe can't be good enough every season,yes with had 3 seasons worth of injuries in a matter of 2 months  and 10-14th will be ok for this season but we have to aim higher than just being safe ;) because if we don't, the one season we get it wrong we will be gone,it's that simple

Steve_orino

No, we won't be invited.  The Silver Fox explains it pretty well, too many clubs below us, combined with the games we have left and the points necessary...we should steer clear of the relegation battle.

I believe we're a top 10 side, I think acheiving that position will prove to be a bigger challenge for us than relegation will.
Fulham Supporter - Est. 03/2008
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

Lighthouse

No we will be Ok but it doesn't stop us pressing our noses to the windows and seeing all the party goers waving at us to come and join them. We need 10 points. Until we have those ten points anything is possible. We have just gone on a 7 game run with a point or something. So lets not dismiss it. Those cakes at the party look good enough to decay out stomachs.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

YankeeJim

With all due respect, this thread is nonsense. We will pick up at least 15 points & likely more. We have had a bad run but Roy got us a left back and a striker. We'll be fine & if BZ gets back into form & Demps returns quickly, the top ten is a certainty.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Lighthouse

With all due respect Yankee Jim your post is mad as a box of frogs on a radiator. The thread asks the question are we invited to the relegation party. Most people have said no. You then say we have had a bad run but because we have a 20 year old who cannot speak a word of English and a 4foot 3inch full back this will come to an end. If BZ become a 20 goal a season love god and if Dempsey rises from his sick bed we may even win the League and the Boat Race. We will pick up at least 15 points.

Well all may be true but a 1 nil win at home to a bottom of the table side who should have been a few goals up before we started to play, does not make the thought of relegation nonsense. Unlikely maybe. Even unthinkable. But nonesense? Oh dear no. This is Fulham. We can do anything we put our mind to. Even buggering up a good season. 3 points out of a possible 18. We need to improve that nonsense.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Burt

I think we have received an invite but will refuse to accept it.

Being realistic we have a few more wins left in us but it ain't going to be pretty. The reassuring thing is that I suspect the clubs occupying the bottom 3 slots will be the ones going down.