more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Friday Fulham Stuff (11/08/17)...

Started by WhiteJC, August 11, 2017, 07:05:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Derby and Fulham press ahead in the race to sign Championship winger

A duo of Championship clubs have now jumped to the front of the queue in their bid to sign Preston North End winger Callum Robinson, HITC Sport is reporting.

According to sources close to HITC Sport, Derby County and Fulham are now in pole position to capture the impressive Championship attacker.

This Championship pair are joined in the race to sign Callum Robinson by Premier League side Burnley.

Burnley have lost striker Andre Gray to Watford and are lacking fire power up top; Robinson has been identified as a goal scoring midfielder who could help ease the pressure on their goal shy attack.

However, the Clarets could lose out to Derby and Fulham, who are pressing ahead with this deal.
AdTech Ad

Derby County are very keen to find a midfielder who provides a goal threat after losing Tom Ince to Huddersfield Town.

Callum Robinson has been identified as an ideal replacement for Ince after he netted eleven goals in all competitions for Preston North End last season.

The 22-year-old only joined the Lilywhites on a permanent deal last summer after leaving Aston Villa but he has developed into one of the hottest young prospects in the division.

Preston are keen to keep the former England under-20 man but are bracing themselves for more bids for their star man before the end of the window.

The Verdict

Callum Robinson would be an excellent acquisition for either Derby or Fulham.

While Fulham lacked a goal scoring striker last year, they were reliant on goals from midfield with the likes of Stefan Johansen, Tom Cairney, Sone Aluko, Floyd Ayite and Ryan Sessegnon all weighing in with a few.

Adding Robinson to their midfield would give them some unrivalled potency in that department.

As for Derby, Robinson would be almost a like-for-like replacement for Tom Ince.

At only 22 years of age, this is an investment that Derby or Fulham need to go all out to secure.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/derby-and-fulham-press-ahead-in-the-race-to-sign-championship-winger/

WhiteJC

Interview: The incredible story of the #Fulham2ReadingWalk

Suicide is the biggest killer of men under the age of 45 in the UK, and CALM (Campaign Against Living Miserably) are raising awareness for mental health disorders affecting men in the UK. This Saturday, a group of Fulham fans will be walking 40 miles from Craven Cottage to the Madejski Stadium to raise funds and awareness. This is their story.

'42% of men aged 18 to 45 have considered suicide' ~ Bigger Issues

Mental illnesses affect men not just across the UK, but across the world. Almost everyone will know of someone who has been affected by a mental illness and having somewhere to go and someone to turn to can make a monumental difference.

Now a group of Fulham fans have joined up to walk the 40 miles from Craven Cottage to the Madejski Stadium for The Whites' season opener against Reading in order to raise money and awareness for CALM – a charity devoted to preventing male suicides.

I spoke to Lee Adams (@matchwornshirt1), a participant of the walk and a devoted Fulham fan, about his involvement with CALM and how the walk came about:

"I have been fund raising for CALM for about 18 months to 2 years. I've already done this walk and cycled to Preston, Wigan, Peterborough and Brighton to help out CALM, so an easy walk to Reading was always on the cards.

The walk's hashtag #Fulham2ReadingWalk has blown up on Twitter, with the fundraiser receiving widespread attention from across the footballing community and beyond. When I asked Lee what the support meant to him, he replied "(I'm) blown away. I can't thank the lads, fans and club enough. I know for a fact we have helped men out."

I tried to take my own life and am now fighting for something that was never shown to me. I never want anyone to go down the road I went down"

For these Fulham fans and many more, Saturday 12th is about raising money for an incredible cause and not what happens on the pitch: "the score means nothing, the fact we could change a man's life (regardless of his team) is all that matters, so I'm going #Fulham2Readingwalk to be the true winner"

CALM is an incredible charity, but without the help of incredible people like Lee, or the members of the public who have donated over £5000 to the fundraiser's JustGiving page, they can't continue their outstanding work, so we urge you to donate generously to what is an excellent cause.

Good luck from everyone at The72 – you have the entire footballing community behind you!

http://the72.co.uk/89180/interview-the-incredible-story-of-the-fulham2readingwalk/

WhiteJC

Fulham boss resists comparing Sessegnon twins but says they share the same desire

Ryan is already a big name at the Cottage and Steven is set to follow suit

Fulham boss Slavisa Jokanovic insists he won't be putting any pressure on Steven Sessegnon by comparing him to twin brother Ryan.

While Ryan broke into the Whites' first team last season and made 30 appearances to much acclaim, Steven had to wait until Tuesday night's Carabao Cup win at Wycombe to make his bow.

He put in a composed performance at right back, and while Jokanovic resisted drawing similarities, he believes Steven shows similar desire to that which got Ryan to where he is today.

Night to remember: Steven Sessegnon makes his debut

He said: "We don't need to put these players under any pressure and make a comparison between them. The public have an opinion about Ryan. Steven is a different kind of player but he shows similar desire as his brother in pushing harder to be better for the future.

"The boy is only 17 years old, it's the first time he's played competitively against adults. It won't be easy at the beginning but the quality, style and technique showed. He showed quality, and I'm sure he enjoyed his first night as a player in Fulham's first team.

"It's his first experience and that's it. He's still young, he's going to get stronger and that's it. He must work with only one short step for him. This can mean he can work hard and be ready for important battles."

Lots to live up to: Ryan Sessegnon scores for Fulham (Image: GLYN KIRK/AFP/Getty Images)

There was a nice moment in the game when, with 10 minutes remaining, Ryan came on as a sub to join his twin on the pitch – but Jokanovic dismissed any romanticism.

He added: "We didn't come here for a testimonial game, we came here to compete, so I am not thinking of it in this way. Steven played pre-season with us and is working hard and he deserved some kind of a chance at the end.

"He's another young player who has a chance to make his debut in senior football. It's the same as Matty O'Riley. It's good news for them, and I encourage them to work harder and see where they arrive in the future."

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fulham-boss-resists-comparing-sessegnon-13457066

WhiteJC

Bristol City linked with former Fulham loanee Cyriac

It has been reported that both the Robins and QPR are after the forward

Bristol City are reported to have made enquiries for former Fulham striker Gohi Cyriac.

The Ivory Coast international joined Fulham on transfer deadline day last January on loan with the option of a permanent move to West London.

Fulham had expressed an interest in signing the striker on a permanent basis, but they are yet to ensure he puts pen to paper.

This delay has alerted other clubs, including City and Queens Park Rangers, HITC Sport has reported.

Cyriac is currently back at Belgian club KV Oostende and he featured for Oostende in their Jupiler Pro League clash with Anderlecht last weekend.

Kara Mbodj of Senegal holds off Cyriac Gohi Bi of the Ivory Coast (Image: Dan Mullan/Getty Images)

The Robins completed their fourth signing of the summer this weekend when they announced Swedish winger Niclas Eliasson has signed a three-year deal.

It is believed that City are still hoping to add a couple of additions before the transfer window closes on August 31.

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/bristol-city-linked-former-fulham-305776

WhiteJC

Away Days - Ticket News: Fulham vs. Cardiff City

Fulham vs. Cardiff City @ Craven Cottage. Saturday, 9th September 2017. Kick-off: 3pm

Available to current Season Ticket Holders and Gold Members only.

General Ticket Prices
Adults: £20.00
Senior Citizens 65yrs+: £15.00
18 – 21yrs: £15.00
17yrs & under: £1.00

Disabled Allocations
Adults: £10.00
Senior Citizens 65yrs+: £7.50
18 – 21yrs: £7.50
17yrs & under: £0.50
Carer: Free of Charge

Additional Information
Proof of age must be carried alongside a concession ticket.

ON SALE - Tickets are on sale from 10am on Wednesday, 16th August 2017.

Tickets will be available online, in person at the Cardiff City Stadium Ticket Office or on 0845 345 1400.

TRAVEL UPDATE

There will be railway improvements taking place in the Bristol area during this weekend. Train services between London & Cardiff will be diverted.

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news/2017/august/away-days---ticket-news-fulham-vs.-cardiff-city/

WhiteJC

Les Strong Backs Cohen Cup

After his first introduction to the Fulham Memories programmes, former Fulham Captain Les Strong is back as the guest host of the second annual Cohen Cup.

In February 2017, the FFC Legend joined the Foundation at Craven Cottage for a special Fulham Memories session with some of the Whites' longest standing fans. Now, he'll show his support again as host of the annual 5-a-side tournament.

Speaking about the Cup, Les said: "As a good friend of George Cohen, who was instrumental in the launch of the Fulham Memories programme, I'm delighted to be a part of the tournament which will raise awareness and funds to support those with dementia.

"Having spent time with beneficiaries of the programme, the impact is clear to see and I'm pleased that our fans continue to back this worthy cause. I look forward to meeting participants and to an exciting day ahead."

The Cohen Cup will take place at Fulham FC's Training Ground on Sunday 17th September, 10am–2pm. For more information or to book a team, visit: fulhamfc.com/cohen66-cup.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/august/10/les-strong-backs-cohen-cup

WhiteJC

Jaap well aware of Fulham's qualities

Manager previews visit of the Cottagers

Reading vs Fulham... it has been one of the most recurring fixtures in the EFL during the last 12 months.

A 5-0 reverse at Craven Cottage last December, an aborted game on the return at Madejski Stadium due to fog, and a 1-0 triumph when the game was rescheduled in January.  And then victory over two legs in the play-offs last season to send us to Wembley.

"They have a lot of quality in that team – good players that play in a certain way that is very attractive and very difficult for their opposition to play against."
    Jaap Stam on Saturday's opponents Fulham

So it'll be the sixth time in the last year that our boys will have lined up in the tunnel opposite the Cottagers... Royals boss Jaap Stam knows all about the qualities they will bring to Madejski Stadium this weekend.

"Fulham is a big club – they can get their squad together and keep it together, and get some extra additions in so that they become stronger and stronger.  That's how it goes," Jaap said.

"That's where we want to get to as well.  I don't think we're there yet, but hopefully we'll do that in a couple of seasons.

"They have a lot of quality in that team – good players that play in a certain way that is very attractive and very difficult for their opposition to play against.

"But we've done it before and we know how they are basically going to play – certain details will be a bit different, but we're expecting that.  Hopefully we can do well."

After a midweek win in the Carabao Cup, it is a chance to get the league season rolling at Madejski Stadium too.

The Royals were on the wrong end of a 2-0 scoreline at QPR on the opening day, but defeated Gillingham in midweek by the same margin to get off to a winning start on home turf.

"The league is the most important thing for us this season – everybody knows that," continued Jaap.  "Fulham is going to be a very big game – everybody knows about the games that we played against them last season, and there's a lot of rivalry.

"It's two teams that want to win playing in a certain way, and it makes it interesting as well.

"We lost at QPR in a way that we are not used to, to be honest.  Credit to them in how they performed of course, but we could have done a lot better and we should have done a lot better.

"But onto Fulham at home... hopefully a lot of fans will turn up, and the players want to show themselves and get a good result of course against a team like that."

Tickets are still available for this fixture... click the button below to find our more!

https://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/2017/august/jaap-well-aware-of-fulhams-qualities/

WhiteJC

Ahead of the game | League opener at Madejski Stadium

Saturday sees a swift return to RG2 for the Cottagers

Saturday will see a rematch between two of last season's Championship Play-Off protagonists as Fulham make a return to Madejski Stadium.

Reading vs Fulham
Madejski Stadium
Sky Bet Championship
Saturday 12th August, 3pm

RG2 witnessed one of the most dramatic nights in Royals' recent memory in May, as Yann Kermorgant's late penalty sent Jaap Stam's side through to the Play-Off Final three months ago.

This season, though, both teams are looking to build a strong points tally at the start of the season once more, with both sides aiming for another crack at promotion to the Premier League.

Fulham were in fact the last visitors to Madejski Stadium in the league. Slaviša Jokanoviç and his side will be aiming to rectify their loss over two legs in the Play-Offs, as well as gain some valuable early season points, following the concession of a late equaliser against Norwich City at Craven Cottage last weekend.

The Cottagers did get themselves safely through to the Second Round of the Carabao Cup in midweek, though, with a young side beating League Two's Wycombe Wanderers 2-0 at Adams Park on Tuesday night.

Around the ground

A live DJ will be providing the soundtrack in the build-up to Saturday's match in our Royals Fan Zone, and our Fun Zone will be up and running for our first home league match of the season!

A face painter will be available in the Fun Zone to give you a Royal look heading into the match, as well as all of the usual exciting pre-match activities for families to get involved with in the lead up to the game!
Odds

Championship title sponsors Sky Bet make our visitors Evens to take all three points back to Craven Cottage, while Royals are 12/5 for the victory at Madejski Stadium, with the draw available at 11/4.

Royals are 4/1 to take victory by one goal, with double midweek goalscorer Liam Kelly priced at 6/1 to score any time.
Officials

Simon Hooper will be in charge of proceedings at Madejski Stadium on Saturday, having already overseen Leeds United's dramatic televised 3-2 victory over Bolton Wanderers last weekend. He also officiated Millwall's 2-0 win over Stevenage in the Carabao Cup in midweek.

His assistants on Saturday will be Robert Hyde and Daniel Robathan, with Lee Swabey as fourth official on the day.
Pre-match chat

Travel

There have been important changes in car parking and bus travel for the upcoming season, with parking at Madejski Stadium now having to be pre-booked online, as well as a continuation of our bus subsidies with Reading Buses. Click here for further information.

How to buy tickets

Season Tickets are still available to buy here for the new season, with details of how to buy match tickets listed below:

Online: visit www.readingfcdirect.co.uk
By phone: ring our Ticket Office on 0118 968 1313
In person: visit the Ticket Office at Madejski Stadium during our opening hours

https://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/2017/august/ahead-of-the-game--fulham/

WhiteJC

Opposition Camp
Reading manager Jaap Stam looks ahead to Saturday's game at the Madejski, as his side renew rivalries with Fulham once again.

"Fulham is a big club – they can get their squad together and keep it together, and get some extra additions in so that they become stronger and stronger. That's how it goes.

"That's where we want to get to as well. I don't think we're there yet, but hopefully we'll do that in a couple of seasons.

"They have a lot of quality in that team – good players that play in a certain way that is very attractive and very difficult for their opposition to play against.

"But we've done it before and we know how they are basically going to play – certain details will be a bit different, but we're expecting that. Hopefully we can do well.

"Fulham is going to be a very big game – everybody knows about the games that we played against them last season, and there's a lot of rivalry.

"It's two teams that want to win playing in a certain way, and it makes it interesting as well.

"We lost at QPR in a way that we are not used to, to be honest. Credit to them in how they performed of course, but we could have done a lot better and we should have done a lot better.

"But onto Fulham at home... hopefully a lot of fans will turn up, and the players want to show themselves and get a good result of course against a team like that."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/august/10/opposition-camp

WhiteJC

Madl's Captaincy Honour

Michael Madl was handed the captains armband earlier this week as Fulham came through a tricky League Cup tie against League Two side Wycombe.

Second half goals from Lucas Piazon and Denis Odoi were enough to see Fulham into the hat for the second round draw this evening.

Madl had told the Official Website how honoured he was to lead the Whites but the hard fought victory the most important thing.

'It`s an honour to be captain of this team and to lead the team on the pitch. It was a very tough game against a pretty good Wycombe team. I think in that first-half we had a few problems, we lost the ball too easily and missed a few chances but we had some very good players out there. The young guys, Stevie [Sessegnon], Tayo [Edun] and Matty [O`Riley], they did a good job so the next round now becomes the most important thing.'

Madl, playing alongside summer signing Marcelo Djalo, went on to talk about his teammate saying he was 'very good on the ball' and is 'a good player' admitting mistakes were made but overall he was pleased with how Fulham played.

He said: 'Playing in that back four, Denis [Odoi] played well on the left and so did Stevie on the right, so I think we did a good job in the second-half. We made a few mistakes but I think all together it was pretty okay.'

Piazon certainly impressed and Madl hopes to see plenty more from the Brazilian this season going on to say he was happy to repay the fans who travelled to Adams Park to watch the Whites.

'I was stood behind him when he took the shot, I know he has a great shot, he is a good finisher so I am very happy for him and I want to see a few more of these goals,' said Madl. 'Like every player in this team I want to play as much as possible, I am looking forward to the next league game and I am looking forward to the next cup game so we will see. There were a lot of away fans at Wycombe, it`s not normal on a Tuesday night to see so many fans so I want to say a big thank you to them and we all appreciate it, it was much needed for us.'

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=500045#ixzz4pQQPF4vr

WhiteJC

Three months later, Fulham return to the Madejski with a point to prove
After last weekend's draw against Norwich, the Whites must show what they are made of against Reading.

Photo by Harry Trump/Getty Images

Every Fulham supporter remembers the Whites' last visit to the Madejski Stadium. The soul-crushing Play-Off semifinal defeat. The controversial penalty. The one-goal loss. The tightest of margins. The ubiquitous image of a teary-eyed Tom Cairney applauding the Fulham fans amid a Reading pitch invasion.

In the words of the man himself: "pure disappointment." In an interview last week with the Evening Standard, Tom Cairney described the match as "the lowest I've ever felt on a football pitch."

Cairney and his teammates had given their all throughout the entire 46-match season, only to see their hopes dashed in terrible fashion at the Madejski. The Whites had travelled to Reading with the honors even at 1-1 after the first leg, yet failed to conjure up a decisive performance when it mattered most.

Just three months later, Fulham now arrive at the home of the Royals in a decidedly different position. Fulham are favored to finish in the top two and have strengthened their squad; on the other hand, the bookies predict Reading won't make the play-offs and they have began the season with a full-blown injury crisis.

Reading is also coming off an abject opening day loss to Queens Park Rangers, where they fell 2-0 in a performance devoid of any shape or purpose. To add injury to insult, the Royals were so hit by poor fitness that they only fielded six substitutes; three of which were untested youth players.

Fulham frustratingly tallied a 1-1 home draw against Norwich, failing to kill off the match and conceding in the dying minutes.

The Cottagers require a victory away at Reading, something they haven't done in nine years, in order to keep up with the Championship pace-setters. Going away to the soulless ground that is the Madejski and coming away with all three points is a must for Fulham; these are the types of matches the Whites need to win if they want to improve on last season's disappointment.

Fulham will need to attack Reading from the off and take the match to the home side, just as they did against the Canaries. Neeskens Kebano, who was impressive last weekend, deserves to maintain his starting role and Aboubakar Kamara should be handed his first start.

The pace of a frontline of Kebano, Kamara, and Floyd Ayite would be simply terrifying; coupled with Ryan Fredericks and Ryan Sessegnon, Fulham have the potential to run injury-ravaged teams like Reading ragged. Add in the suspension of Reading centre-half Tiago Ilori, and Fulham possess the firepower to run the Royals rampant.

In addition, the return of Kevin McDonald to the centre of the park will be welcomed. Stefan Johansen endured a difficult match against Norwich last week, and after Oliver Norwood was substituted Fulham struggled to control the game. McDonald's presence will offer the Whites far more stability and give them the ability to effectively close out leads.

The performance of the Whites on Saturday will tell volumes on what Fulham is capable of this year. A win at the site of last season's heartbreak would not only provide a vital three points; it would also offer a massive psychological boost.

Last season Fulham produced some famous away performances at Newcastle, Norwich, and Huddersfield. This year it is time for a repeat of those swashbuckling away wins at the Madejski. With the right matchplan and a motivated 90 minutes, Fulham can produce a season-defining win in the first two weeks of the campaign.

Traveling away to Reading is rarely a dull affair, here's to a first away win since 2008. COYW!

https://cottagersconfidential.sbnation.com/2017/8/10/16121680/three-months-later-fulham-return-to-the-madejski-with-a-point-to-prove

WhiteJC

Reading v Fulham: cavalier Cottagers

On the evidence of last season – but more specifically last week – Fulham like their attacking football.

They were a joy to watch in the first half of their 1-1 opening day draw with Norwich City. The Cottagers had a speedy front trio of Neeskens Kebano and Sone Aluko either side of Floyd Ayite, the latter's cross deflected home for the opener.

Stefan Johansen played some excellent forward passes to the trio while Tom Cairney pulled the strings, but there was also a Kevin McDonald-shaped hole in midfield. Oliver Norwood, supposedly replacing the ex-Wolves man out with a calf-injury, passed the ball well but lacked physicality which hindered the Whites defensively. Norwich exploited that with their attacks through the middle of the pitch, especially in the second half when Nelson Oliveira levelled.

The question is whether Reading have the audacity to do the same as the Canaries. The Royals are without the injured Garath McCleary, who is normally the one player willing to run quickly with the ball in tight areas. Indeed, the Royals squad looks threadbare right now.

Up top, the powerful Yann Kermorgant is out injured and Jon Dadi Bodvarsson is only just recovering. Joseph Mendes, a speedier option, toiled in the midweek cup win over Gillingham and was taken off at half-time. Further back, Jaap Stam could be without centre-back Paul McShane and holding midfielder Joey Van Den Berg, who provide leadership and physicality respectively.

Tyler Blackett is yet to convince at left-back. Unless his place is taken by youngster Omar Richards or Jordan Obita returns from injury, he could struggle defensively against Fulham's right-sided combination of Aluko and Ryan Fredericks.

The one positive of Reading's start has been Liam Kelly's brace against Gillingham – the first an impressive curler – while Modou Barrow made an impact from the bench. Still, they may not have enough to stop the cavalier Cottagers.

The Football Lab's Verdict: 1-3

http://www.thefootballab.co.uk/2017/reading-v-fulham-cavalier-cottagers/

WhiteJC

Fulham boss tell fans: This is NOT a revenge mission to Reading

Fulham were beaten three months ago by The Royals in the Championship play-off semi-final

Fulham boss Slavisa Jokanovic has refused to call this Saturday's game at Reading a revenge trip.

The Royals won last season's Championship play-off semi-final against his side, with their tactics in particular playing a huge part.

And Jokanovic knows his side will be in for a game at the Madejski Stadium very early on.

Indeed, not many sides will get the likes of Norwich and Reading in their opening two matches, so Fulham's players know they'll have to be at the top of their games.

"It's a new season. In our last games against them, there were mistakes which benefitted Reading," said the boss.

Slavisa Jokanovic has forgotten about what happened three months ago (Image: Stephen Pond/Getty Images)

"I expect us to be luckier this season. Reading pushed us into some difficulty in the last game, they were really aggressive and tried to destroy our style of the game.

"They cut us out many ways to win the game and I expect them to be aggressive again, they will follow us man to man this weekend.

"We have found this in the past so we need to be ready and find a solution for this kind of situation.

"I have forgotten about last season. It is something behind us. In front of us now is one of the toughest games in the Championship already, though.

"When you play Reading you have to be a higher level to have an opportunity to win the game.

"But I am not thinking about revenge, I am not thinking about the past. This is a new situation with some new players.

"I had an opportunity to watch them in pre-season and I saw them (highlights) against QPR last weekend - I don't expect them to surprise us and I don't expect us to surprise them so much.

"We have to find some solution to play a bit better and find a way to win the game."

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/fulham-boss-tell-fans-not-13460173

WhiteJC

Derby County and Fulham looking to beat Premier League sides to signing of Preston North End winger

Derby County and Fulham are aiming to beat Premier League teams to the signing of Preston North End's Callum Robinson according to a report from HITC Sport.

Both Derby and Fulham are in the chase to get promoted from the Sky Bet Championship this season and are looking to improve their squad before the end of the transfer window. Fulham know they need to add more attacking prowess to their squad if they want to be a threat at the top of the table while Derby have never really replaced Tom Ince since they sold him to Huddersfield Town earlier in the summer.

That is why both teams have been tracking Robinson who is coming off the back of an impressive season. He scored 11 goals for them last season and ended up being one of their star players as the Lilywhites surprisingly became outsiders to make it into the play-offs. Considering that Preston have had a lot of change this summer with Simon Grayson leaving his post at head coach and being replaced by Alex Neil, the club don't want any more change and are hoping to keep Robinson at the team no matter how tough it will be.

But they might find it tough as not only are Derby and Fulham chasing Robinson but also a handful of Premier League teams. Burnley are one of those teams who now may be forced to make a move after they sold Andre Gray to Watford yesterday. But Derby and Fulham are confident of beating them to his signature.

http://the72.co.uk/89251/derby-county-fulham-looking-beat-premier-league-sides-signing-preston-north-end-winger/

WhiteJC

PL2 Preview: Middlesbrough

Fulham play their first competitive match of the season on Friday in the PL2 Division 2, kicking off their campaign at Motspur Park against Middlesbrough at 2pm.

Last season the Whites made it as far as the Semi-Final Play-Off, only to be knocked out at St. James' Park by Peter Beardsley's Newcastle United.

Peter Grant will be looking to take his young Fulham side one step further this year, eyeing promotion from the Division.

"Automatic promotion is absolutely the target," Grant stated. "Every time we play, that's what we want to do. We want to win every game, we want to win the League, we want to win the Cup.

"It's no use taking part if you don't want to win. It's part of their learning experience, yes we want to develop the players but the best way to do that is by winning."

"We know it's going to be a very difficult game, we played Middlesbrough more than anyone last year. We played them four times last year and every game was a tough game.

"They're physical, competitive, and very well organised. Every game we played in was a tough match so we know that's the sort of game it is going to be tomorrow,"

Last season the Whites won all of their encounters with Boro. Asked whether that gives him confidence going into the match, Grant responded, "Some of our players have gone, senior players that have done very well for us, but it was time for them to move on to try and enhance their careers.

"Middlesbrough will no doubt have been the same as they have a couple of guys out on loan and they have let some guys go, so it is a completely new group to be fair.

"Northern teams I always feel the one thing you get as a minimum is work ethic and a desire to do well, and work really hard as they are learning their trade. So we always know we are in a game against them, that's for sure.

"Last year counts for nothing; last week counts for nothing. It's how you perform on the day and you need that little bit of luck.

Reflecting on last years Semi-Final, Grant said the key to this season would be consistency. "We had a couple of guys go out on loan and a couple of injury problems at the end of the season, and our form dipped because we lost too many players at the wrong time.

"it just shows you how quickly things can change. We drew one in 10 to suddenly going on a run where you are hardly winning a game, and it was an unfortunate time with players getting injured and not being available for selection.

"Pre-season is finished and this is what players look forward to. There is nothing better than when there are points at the end of it, and I think we are all looking forward to getting the season started and our ultimate goal is to win the League."

You can catch the action live tomorrow, by coming to Motspur Park free of charge. Alternatively, this match will be streamed live on fulhamfctv for subscribers. Due to the kick off time, entrance to Motspur will only be permitted 15 minutes before kick off.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/august/10/pl2-middlesbrough-preview

WhiteJC

Fulham boss updates fans on Sone Aluko to Reading link and Ryan Sessegnon's future

Star striker heavily linked with Reading and the Fulham boss knows it

Fulham boss Slavisa Jokanovic can't guarantee star player Ryan Sessegnon will be at the club by the end of the transfer window but doesn't believe he will be sold.

The Cottagers manager was talking today at his pre-match press conference, with speculation surrounding the left-back continuing over his future, with Liverpool reportedly long-term admirers.

The last thing Jokanovic needs is for any players leaving as he looks to add to what he's got, but it's not as easy as some supporters think for him.

The boss has also confirmed Sone Aluko is attracting big interest from this weekend's opponents Reading - but he is confident the striker won't be sol.

"I really don't believe we'll be in this kind of situation (selling)," said Jovanovic.

"We have started the season, and even though I can't guarantee it, I don't believe we are going to make this kind of step.

"Some clubs might be interested in Ryan Sessegnon, and Reading are interested in Sone Aluko, but I don't believe we will make this kind of step.

"This decision is not in my hands but I am fighting for these people already in the squad, important people in my squad, in the next 20 days."

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/fulham-boss-updates-fans-sone-13460233

WhiteJC

Focusing on the present is the right approach as Fulham take on Reading this weekend

Fulham opened their season with a draw at home to Norwich City, and this weekend travel to a Reading side that put to bed the Cottagers promotion hopes last season when they dispatched Slavisa Jokanovic's side from the play-offs.

The Serbian boss will be out to pick up his first league win of the season, but has stressed that his side are not out for revenge at the Madejski Stadium.

Fulham have put together an extremely strong squad over the past couple of seasons, and having fallen in the final stages last semester, will hope to go one step further and complete their return to the Premier League.

The fixture with Reading is the next step in that journey, and Jokanovic has done exactly the right thing by highlighting how this fixture is just another game for his side.

Although the Royals broke Fulham hearts last season, that is now all in the past, and Jokanovic is rallying his troops to look ahead to the future.

Some managers may have relied on old rivalries, riling up their players with talk of vengeance for previous encounters, but the Fulham boss' approach will prove much more effective.

There are many clubs in English football accused of hanging on to former glories, and some might say that these clubs are held back by their reluctance to let go of the past.

Others hold on to the sting of defeat, and Jokanovic is keen to avoid falling into this bracket.

The Cottagers are an up and coming outfit with huge aspirations, and with the squad at his disposal, Jokanovic will expect to guide his side to another top six finish.

The manager has taken the right approach to this game, and will hope his player's will back up his commanding words with a performance to match.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/focusing-on-the-present-is-the-right-approach-as-fulham-take-on-reading-this-weekend/

WhiteJC

Tiago Ilori returns from suspension for Fulham

Reading will have defender Tiago Ilori available again following suspension for the visit of Fulham.

The Portuguese was sent off in the opening Championship defeat at QPR, so served out a one-match ban for the midweek Carabao Cup win over Gillingham.

Midfielder Liam Kelly staked a claim for another first-team chance with both goals against the Gills, while new winger Modou Barrow impressed after coming on at half-time.

Iceland forward Jon Dadi Bodvarsson has been carrying a knee problem and striker Yann Kermorgant continues to recover from hip and groin surgery. Midfielder Garath McCleary (groin), Joey van den Berg, Roy Beerens and Jordan Obita are also in rehabiliation.

Kevin McDonald returns to the Fulham squad for the short trip along the M4.

Midfielder McDonald has missed the first two matches of the season with a calf problem but is now fit and available.

Marcus Bettinelli is still out with a muscle problem so David Button continues in goal.

Ryan Fredericks, Tom Cairney and Sone Aluko will be among the players returning after they were rested in midweek.

https://www.clubcall.com/reading/tiago-ilori-returns-from-suspension-for-fulham-1859271.html

WhiteJC

Fulham boss expecting big things of Kamara

It was a good first start for the striker at Wycombe

He had an impressive first start for Fulham on Tuesday night – and Slavisa Jokanovic is expecting Aboubakar Kamara to get even better.

The recent signing from Amiens, who came on as a second half sub in the opening day draw with Norwich, was handed his first start in the Carabao Cup against Wycombe Wanderers.

The 22 year old striker gave the Chairboys back four a torrid time, but 'you ain't seen nothing yet' was Jokanovic's message to Fulham fans.

First start: Aboubakar Kamara in action at Wycombe

"He showed pace and he's a strong man. He needs to learn what we want to do in the way we compete, and we believe he'll be an important player for us in the future," said the Fulham boss.

"It's six days and one game with us, it's early for him. We believe he can be good for us, and in front of him is many afternoons and nights, and he'll be better than he showed at Wycombe."

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fulham-boss-expecting-big-things-13460862

WhiteJC

Overseas Live Streaming

We are pleased to confirm that fulhamfctv's new overseas streaming service is now available for supporters to purchase.

Fixtures selected for live broadcast or international picks will not be streamed, but we will endeavour to provide streams for all other matches, starting with Reading on Saturday.

Fans can choose the best package that suits their needs from a variety of options:

Overseas annual subscription (£120): access to all fulhamfctv content for 12 months, including all available live streams
    Monthly subscription (£2.99*): access to all interviews, highlights and audio commentary, plus discounted pay-per-view coverage of live streams
    Pay-per-view match pass (£5/10): overseas fans who purchase this option will have full access to all content on fulhamfctv, including live streams, for 48 hours from the point of purchase. £5 if you already have a fulhamfctv subscription, £10 otherwise. (Current subscribers must sign in prior to purchase in order to qualify for the £5 discount).

*Inline with EFL regulations, this price will increase to £4.49 from 31st August 2017

Please note that in order to purchase an overseas package you must:

Be doing so outside of the UK and Ireland
    Use an overseas bank account
    Provide an overseas contact number

EFL legislation states that live streams cannot be shown on the App/mobiles/tablets, so please be advised that this is a desktop service. All other fulhamfctv content is compatible across multiple devices.

Fans based in the UK and Ireland are advised that an annual subscription, priced at £45, will be available soon.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/august/10/overseas-live-streaming