watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Different views

Started by MikeW, August 17, 2017, 08:51:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeW

This is how Bristol City's boss views Cauley's signing ....

"He's been on our list for a long time," said head coach Lee Johnson.

He told BBC Radio Bristol: "I think he's found opportunities limited at Fulham, probably because of their playing style and them playing with one up front, but certainly in a two he gives us everything we want."

Well, if he gives them everything they want the bar can't be very high!

Also I see the Hammers are prepared to let Snodgrass go.  Always liked him must be honest.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Andy S

Sadly I have, to agree. I've always willed him to do well but sadly I think if he had been going to make it last season would have been the one. Instead he was loaned out I think that when his contract expires he will be released.

nose

If he ever got a proper chance you could reasonably make those comments.
But what you say is unkind

Whitesideup

Quote from: nose on August 17, 2017, 09:37:19 PM
Good point, well made.

You cannot fault Woodrow's effort and commitment to Fulham's cause. I don't think we saw enough to deliver a definitive judgement, so let's respect what we did see.   

MikeW

I beg to differ on the 'not given a chance' argument.  He has played 54 games for us and another 20 odd elsewhere while on loan.  He's not exactly set the place of fire and I suspect this is why respective managers have not seen fit to offer the extended run others hanker for.  Certainly our present manager gives the impression he needs some persuading.  I wish him well but am not convinced he has the credentials to be the answer to a clubs striker problems.  I hope he proves me wrong.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

MJG

I know you are a big advocate of his and I like him having watched him progress through the different teams.
BUT i thought it was very telling that we played Wycombe last week almost two years to the day we last did.

He played in both games and his skill level has just not improved from the first one.

Two years older I would expect to see a marked difference in his level on show. Performance wise he was ok and worked hard, but the biggest problem is his close control. Its still like kicking a ball at a wall, it just bounces off him.

If he worked at that he may have something to offer us, but its far too erattic for someone who is going to be 23 in December.
Just the views of a long term fan

westcliff white

Quote from: MJG on August 18, 2017, 08:39:38 AM
I know you are a big advocate of his and I like him having watched him progress through the different teams.
BUT i thought it was very telling that we played Wycombe last week almost two years to the day we last did.

He played in both games and his skill level has just not improved from the first one.

Two years older I would expect to see a marked difference in his level on show. Performance wise he was ok and worked hard, but the biggest problem is his close control. Its still like kicking a ball at a wall, it just bounces off him.

If he worked at that he may have something to offer us, but its far too erattic for someone who is going to be 23 in December.
Agree he has what I call Trampoline feet, I tell the lad I couach soft feet being the ball under control hard feet see it spring away. Sadly Cauley has in the latter of those and he doesnt adjust his ganme to suit that or seemed ot have worked on getting his touch better. Trys so very hard but sadly doesnt seem to improve and that is going to cost him it seems with FFC
Every day is a Fulham day

hovewhite

The jury is out on cauley,he has not showed progresion from his debut v newcastle for me,hope he scores goals at bristol and shows he has improved.

toshes mate

As the saying goes 'a change is as good as a rest', and I hope Cauley takes his chances with this loan move, in a different set up and no previous, at it were.  WW comes close to what I see as his one big flaw and that is clumsiness with the ball rather than deft control but it can also be down to the problem of a nervy character who feels under pressure to perform and deliver rather than to express himself.   I do hope he finds his niche because deep down he is a good player wanting to escape his own doubts.

FFCAli

Quote from: Andy S on August 17, 2017, 09:03:52 PM
Sadly I have, to agree. I've always willed him to do well but sadly I think if he had been going to make it last season would have been the one. Instead he was loaned out I think that when his contract expires he will be released.
But didn't he get a new contract this summer?

westcliff white

Quote from: FFCAli on August 18, 2017, 08:57:59 AM
Quote from: Andy S on August 17, 2017, 09:03:52 PM
But didn't he get a new contract this summer?
yes was a one year contract extension, Kalas signed a longer extemnsion at Chelsea and is still expected to leave, done to increase value and have a possible value at the end of his loan deal
Every day is a Fulham day

Marcel_Gecov

Woodrow is clearly not fancied. At the Wycombe game I sat behind the dugout and at one point Woodrow was through and knocked it into the side netting. Joka threw his arms up in disgust and gestured to someone on the bench as if to say 'I told you so!'

The only way we will see Woodrow back in the shirt is if SJ goes and someone else comes in who backs him. Shame, but there we go.