Author Topic: Fighting Spirit  (Read 1142 times)

Offline hopper

• Graham Leggat
Re: Fighting Spirit
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2017, 06:26:47 PM »

Button: MOM two games in a row.

This is a turnup for the books!

Offline masterhaynes

• Youth Academy
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2017, 06:59:17 PM »
Very good performance by the team especially when you take into account that Reading committed 18 fouls with 71% of the play, if you deduct the time the ball was not in play or with Button they fouled us once for each minute we had the ball, 11 more fouls than we committed with twice the opportunity to commit fouls. Really starting to dislike Reading and Stam, I hope they get their just deserts this season. 049:gif

Offline Woolly Mammoth

• Mr Fayed
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2017, 07:01:20 PM »

It's certainly not a turnip for the books. Have to give him his due, has shown tremendous character considering his loss of form and confidence which has plagued him in recent months. I hope he continues the good work.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Online Holders

• Gentleman Jim
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2017, 08:14:54 PM »

If Graham Taylor had ever been MoM would it have been a turnip for the books?
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Offline PokerMatt

• cebu
    • Follow me on Twitter
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2017, 08:17:38 PM »
Well said. Incredible effort to come back and draw that against all the odds. These lads are a unit, that's for sure.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Offline filham

• Gentleman Jim
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2017, 09:32:12 PM »
The fighting spirit was certainly there and so was the organisation that enabled to play the unnatural defensive game necessary with ten men.

Offline jarv

• Gentleman Jim
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2017, 09:35:08 PM »
All comments make for good reading. Future looks bright for Fulham.  049:gif

Offline peaty

• Lakey/Dark Room
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2017, 01:31:57 AM »
Very good performance by the team especially when you take into account that Reading committed 18 fouls with 71% of the play, if you deduct the time the ball was not in play or with Button they fouled us once for each minute we had the ball, 11 more fouls than we committed with twice the opportunity to commit fouls. Really starting to dislike Reading and Stam, I hope they get their just deserts this season. 049:gif

And that's based on the fouls "recognised" by the referee. There were a good deal more unpenalised. Reading are a horrible team.

Offline hopper

• Graham Leggat
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2017, 12:18:54 PM »

It's certainly not a turnip for the books. Have to give him his due, has shown tremendous character considering his loss of form and confidence which has plagued him in recent months. I hope he continues the good work.

Think you may have misunderstood my point. By all means he deserves it. Just to say who would have thought he'd be our top player 2 games in a row after last season and his major gaffe in preseason.