watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

All things considered

Started by FFCFOREVER, August 12, 2017, 05:00:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FFCFOREVER

A great result after shocking ref decision yet again.When are the EFL going to sort out the awful standard of championship refereeing ? Well done Fulham.

hopper

Quote from: FFCFOREVER on August 12, 2017, 05:00:46 PM
A great result after shocking ref decision yet again.When are the EFL going to sort out the awful standard of championship refereeing ? Well done Fulham.

Wasn't at the game today, but agreed that the standard of refereeing since we've been in the league has shocked me at times.

ChesterTheTabby

I genuinely don't understand how the officiating can be so shocking in one of the most competitve leagues in the world, and one that is gaining increasingly popular with positive financial growth.

We need to challenge Kalas' red card, and also make the argument that the gulf in decision making from that referee throughout the game should warrant a review of his abilities. Illori should have received a double yellow that game and subsequent sending off, yet Kamara get's a yellow after two tackles?
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Carborundum

Quote from: FFCFOREVER on August 12, 2017, 05:00:46 PM
Yes, a great result for us.  Disastrous, confidence draining one for Reading.

Tabby

Was expecting a draw, but the way we got it will give great confidence to the lads.

Barrett487

Ref sounded awful. These are excerpts from the Offal's account of the game

Within half a minute Fulham found themselves down to 10 men. Kalas was caught in possession and lost his footing 20 yards out, with Modou Barrow tripping over his stricken body. A clear goal scoring opportunity, it was not, yet referee Mr Hooper decided to give the Czech Republic international his marching orders.

Mr Hooper finally found his yellow card with 20 minutes remaining, taking Liam Moore's name after he had scythed down Odoi. He then made up for his empathy earlier in the game by giving Ilori a long overdue booking moments after.

Needless to say we'll appeal the red

Arthur

The Reading guy didn't trip over Kalas (if that's what the Offal is saying), Kalas grabbed his leg to prevent him running through on goal.

My thought when I saw it happen was that it denied the player from getting into the penalty area with a shooting opportunity. So easy to criticise the referee when you're not in the position of having had one look at the incident from a particular angle.

If anyone's judgement should be questioned, it's Kalas's. Why commit such a cynical foul and force the referee to make a tough call?

MrD1879

Quote from: Arthur on August 12, 2017, 06:38:53 PM
The Reading guy didn't trip over Kalas (if that's what the Offal is saying), Kalas grabbed his leg to prevent him running through on goal.

My thought when I saw it happen was that it denied the player from getting into the penalty area with a shooting opportunity. So easy to criticise the referee when you're not in the position of having had one look at the incident from a particular angle.

If anyone's judgement should be questioned, it's Kalas's. Why commit such a cynical foul and force the referee to make a tough call?

Spot on for me.

That being said the refs inability to produce a yellow card for cynical after cynical foul was pathetic and yet again influenced how the game could be played. As with our play off games he books one or two of them early and they wouldn't have a clue what to do. Never has a team been more in it managers image. Horrible team

hovewhite

Right in front of our end and the only correct dicision the otficial made,and overall he was rubbish.,so to play v 11 men and no protecion from the official one of the best away performances and result in years.

SP

And also shows we can compete without TC, although I hope he's back soon.

hovewhite

Quote from: SP on August 12, 2017, 07:10:24 PM
And also shows we can compete without TC, although I hope he's back soon.
Thats another positive today and qiute sensible to leave him as he would have been kicked all over today.

filham

I have been riding a hobby horse on  the stupidity of the red card for a long time, it really is time an alternative was introduced.
Yes Kalas did commit a foul but was it right to turn the match into eleven versus ten for an hour and a half.
Had a much worse and more dangerous foul been committed in the in the 89th minute it would hardly have affected the match is this just, should not the punishment match the crime.

Red cards should result in a short spell in a sin bin with a jury sitting after the match to decide on a punishment based on the crime.

fulhamben

Quote from: filham on August 12, 2017, 07:31:34 PM
I have been riding a hobby horse on  the stupidity of the red card for a long time, it really is time an alternative was introduced.
Yes Kalas did commit a foul but was it right to turn the match into eleven versus ten for an hour and a half.
Had a much worse and more dangerous foul been committed in the in the 89th minute it would hardly have affected the match is this just, should not the punishment match the crime.

Red cards should result in a short spell in a sin bin with a jury sitting after the match to decide on a punishment based on the crime.
so if someone two foots from behind and breaks a players leg he should just get a short sin bin? So as an example in every big game, if you just break the best players leg, for example messi, then you just get a short son bin and probably go on to win the game
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Andy S

No thanks I like the red card when it is warented. I would like the sin bin to be introduced for time wasters and ungentlemanly conduct though

JoelH5

Still over the moon about the result! The players deserve a lot of credit for how they played and acted today
I was there, standing in the Putney end