Author Topic: Never a Red Card  (Read 3247 times)

Offline AlexW132

• Legend
  • FFC since 2013
Re: Never a Red Card
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2017, 01:32:55 AM »
nice of Modou Barrow to celebrate Kalas' red card, classless fool
Twitter: @AlexWFFC

Offline The Rock

• Legend
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2017, 01:40:57 AM »
I just watched this 20 times.

Free kick to Reading, that's it.

It's fixed - we need to grease the refs like the other teams I reckon. No I am not joking.

Offline The Rock

• Legend
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2017, 01:45:47 AM »
Still can't believe it after 10 more times of watching it.  :wow:

I wonder what will happen to the ref? Fast pay makes fast friends?

Offline Arthur

• Legend
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2017, 01:52:11 AM »

An interesting picture.

To me, it confirms that the Reading player could have taken the ball at least a further 7-or-8 yards directly towards the goal without Ream being able to get across to challenge him. In which case, I fail to see how Kalas's foul has not denied a goalscoring opportunity. (Playing an advantage would not have given the other Reading player the same chance: he was moving in the direction of the penalty spot and not towards the ball.)

Offline The Rock

• Legend
« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2017, 02:28:39 AM »

An interesting picture.

To me, it confirms that the Reading player could have taken the ball at least a further 7-or-8 yards directly towards the goal without Ream being able to get across to challenge him. In which case, I fail to see how Kalas's foul has not denied a goalscoring opportunity. (Playing an advantage would not have given the other Reading player the same chance: he was moving in the direction of the penalty spot and not towards the ball.)

So you are saying that another player could have intervened? Sounds like any other free kick outside the box then, not a clear one on one with the goalie. Last time I checked just about every foul right outside of the box was to prevent a clear goal scoring opportunity.

Offline therealjaybee

• tjl
« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2017, 03:50:59 AM »
Definitely a  063.gif

Can understand how it was given as a  096.gig

Have to admit though, I think in the early stages of a game refs are usually FAR more lenient which is why this was surprise.

One thing to also bear in mind is that they've reinstated the law where giving away a penalty is most likely a red card now whereas last year it would only be a yellow unless it was a dangerous tackle. That could have been playing on the refs mind a bit?

Offline Denver Fulham

• Graham Leggat
« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2017, 04:28:56 AM »
It was pretty clearly a red card/DOGSO infraction. It sucks, but it's the same call in the 1st minute as the 89th. We got a good point.

Offline AnEssexFan

• tjl
« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2017, 07:38:42 AM »
From where we were sitting it looked a red to me. The ref had a poor game but at the time I felt I couldn't complain about the red card. Not seen a replay yet.
@leightonrw07

Offline One Martin Thomas

• Graham Leggat
« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2017, 08:02:15 AM »

An interesting picture.

Need a wider shot of this foto. Another Fulham player is closer to the goal than the one you see here.

Offline westcliff white

• Mr Fayed
« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2017, 08:15:08 AM »
I was sitting right in front of the incident. Sadly I think it was 70% a red card. What you can't see on the highlights due to the camera angle is that Kalas definitely puts an arm out and catches the Reading attacker. The initial reaction around me was disbelief that he did something so stupid.

Today was a top performance (COYWs) but I think Kalas should not have put his arm out... he was duped.

Sorry.
Watching the rep,as it is quite clear what he did for me, I just think there is doubt as ream was closer to the goal and coming across. Having said that I do not think we would win any appeal as it has to be Chrystal clear to win those and thus isn't.

Don't think an additional game will be  added unless they believe we are trying to delay when the suspension starts, if they think we are then they will class it as frivolous and add an extra game to the 3 he will surely get
Every day is a Fulham day

Give us a follow @ dgsonnet & @FOF_cast

Email- fofcast@gmail.com

Offline Delboy

• Graham Leggat
« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2017, 08:30:22 AM »
To me, bad judgement by Kalas, should have let the player go, Button may have saved it, at worse we are a goal down with 89 minutes to recover, with 11 men.
Not seen the AK trip on TV yet late on in the game, their player didn't even get spoken to. He was on a yellow, surely it deserved a caution even if it wasn't meant as he implied.

Offline Flume

• Lakey/Dark Room
« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2017, 08:44:08 AM »
Kalas a little unlucky here, I've seen worse 'tackles' given yellow (De Jong 2010 World Cup)
Should have been at most a yellow and the ref should've used common sense and realised that the game wasn't even a minute old
In Slav we trust

Offline Arthur

• Legend
« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2017, 10:15:14 AM »

An interesting picture.

So you are saying that another player could have intervened? Sounds like any other free kick outside the box then, not a clear one on one with the goalie. Last time I checked just about every foul right outside of the box was to prevent a clear goal scoring opportunity.

The definition that applies in this instance is as follows:

'...denying a goal or an obvious goal-scoring opportunity to an opponent whose overall movement is towards the offender's goal by an offence punishable by a free kick'

The law does not state that the goal-scoring opportunity has to be a one-on-one with the goalkeeper.

I am saying that I think the Reading player could have advanced to within 10-12-yards of the goal and got his shot away before any challenge could have been made and that, from this distance, even allowing for that he would have been shooting from an angle, it was an obvious goal-scoring opportunity that was denied.

Need a wider shot of this foto. Another Fulham player is closer to the goal than the one you see here.

I can't be 100% sure that there wasn't, but it's not how I recall seeing it from the stands. My unreliable memory notwithstanding, I find it unlikely, in the opening few seconds of the game, that any outfield player would be positioned be closer to our goal than Kalas and Ream.

Offline Lighthouse

• Moritz Volz
« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2017, 10:37:44 AM »
There was a defender in the middle that the picture doesn't show. So the Reading player would still have had a player to beat. You can also see that the Reading forward flings himself to the ground with arms up as if he has been shot. This looks very unnatural and a deliberate attempt to win a kick. Very harsh dismissal. But one that will stand.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Offline Tabby

• Graham Leggat
« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2017, 10:54:20 AM »
There was a defender in the middle that the picture doesn't show. So the Reading player would still have had a player to beat. You can also see that the Reading forward flings himself to the ground with arms up as if he has been shot. This looks very unnatural and a deliberate attempt to win a kick. Very harsh dismissal. But one that will stand.

Kalas grabs his legs. Lets not get ridiculous and start insinuating that this was a dive.