https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Never a Red Card

Started by Ordar, August 12, 2017, 05:22:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grandad

Quote from: NogoodBoyo on August 13, 2017, 10:20:51 PM
Quote from: Nero on August 13, 2017, 11:12:14 AM
looking at it again you could say that the first Reading player their no 9 takes down Kalas causing him to fall into the path of  Burrow and bring him down

It took four pages until somebody saw what I saw.  The Reading player behind Kalas and to his right puts knee to the back of Kalas's thigh which trips him.  Not a slip.  After that, the one camera angle does not show whether there was a rugby tackle or not, but one has to go with the views of Fulham fans on here who say he did pull a Halfpenny.
I would also agree with another poster further down (sorry for not remembering his name) who stated the dreadful free kick for Johansen that started this sad saga should have been retaken.
One thing is for certain, poor old Kalas must hate Reading with a passion.
Nogood "me too, see" Boyo
I spotted & posted about the moving ball free kick by Johansen. 12 seconds in. Should have been retaken. Whole different game.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Arthur

Quote from: grandad on August 14, 2017, 11:02:09 AM
I spotted & posted about the moving ball free kick by Johansen. 12 seconds in. Should have been retaken. Whole different game.

By the letter of the law, you are correct, of course.

In my view, had the free-kick been thumped forwards forty yards to one of our players, then the referee has to call for it to be retaken to prevent us from gaining an unfair advantage. Recalling a sideways cross-field blast from which there was no immediate benefit, however, does nothing more than wind-up the supporters of both sides - just as it does when you get a referee who won't allow a team to take a quick free-kick in their own half a couple of yards from where the offence occurred.

May I put forward a radical suggestion as to how the game could have been entirely different - a suggestion that, in my opinion, identifies the real culprit rather than making the referee a scapegoat: imagine that Kalas doesn't deliberately grab hold of the Reading player's leg: no red card; no playing 89 minutes with 10 men; no need to reduce our attacking options by substituting Kebano.

As you say, a whole different game.