watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Never a Red Card

Started by Ordar, August 12, 2017, 05:22:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ordar

Just seen the highlights on Sky, and its never in a million years a red card. Its not a clear goal scoring opportunity and theres at least 2 covering players

http://www.skysports.com/football/live-blog/11688/10983387/sky-bet-efl-live

FFCFOREVER

westcliff white

agree never a read far to many players around him, did over play it though should have just cleared the ball
Every day is a Fulham day

Lighthouse

We are back to consistency. There were plenty of nasty fouls during the game that went unpunished. The sending off was harsh and the ref seemed to think the fans had come to see him. His decision spoilt the game as a spectacle especially as it really wasn't a sending off.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

MaidstoneMark69

I wasn't there so gun me down if you want,  but it sounded like Stefjo hit a free kick back to Odoi, who in turn passed to Kalas and next thing we're under pressure.

Sounds like inviting disaster?

ChesterTheTabby

Absolutely must appeal, especially given the atrocious officating today.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

grandad

Catch 22. If we don´t appeal it gives the ref justification of his terrible performance the whole game through.If we do appeal & win justice will be done. However if we lose an appeal there is an extra game ban. As it is only dear old Fulham I doubt the panel would find in our favour as it would reflect badly on their untouchable ref.
Where there's a will there's a wife

grandad

Quote from: MaidstoneMark69 on August 12, 2017, 05:39:04 PM
I wasn't there so gun me down if you want,  but it sounded like Stefjo hit a free kick back to Odoi, who in turn passed to Kalas and next thing we're under pressure.

Odoi couldn´t have passed to Kalas as he only came on after 5 mins.
Where there's a will there's a wife

MrD1879

My first impression when I saw it live was a red. Could argue that I think it was Ream could have got across but he was clean through had he not been rugby tackled. Can't see it being recinded if I'm honest

westcliff white

Quote from: grandad on August 12, 2017, 05:42:08 PM
Catch 22. If we don´t appeal it gives the ref justification of his terrible performance the whole game through.If we do appeal & win justice will be done. However if we lose an appeal there is an extra game ban. As it is only dear old Fulham I doubt the panel would find in our favour as it would reflect badly on their untouchable ref.
not always an extra game ban, just if they consider it frivolous as in trying to delay the game or games they will miss

westcliff white

so far most TV / internet pundits / presenters (call them what you will) say it was very harsh

General

Did seem ridiculously rash to give a straight red so early on in the game.. seems to be a theme now when  we play reading. Both playoff games saw their goals come from very very dodgy and ultimately wrong refereeing decisions and today's made that three on the trot.

bobbo

Quote from: westcliff white on August 12, 2017, 05:53:23 PM
so far most TV / internet pundits / presenters (call them what you will) say it was very harsh
as maybe but they won't be making and decsion in event of an appeal.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

davew

Never a red card, just watched the highlights.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

MaidstoneMark69

Quote from: grandad on August 12, 2017, 05:44:35 PM

Odoi couldn´t have passed to Kalas as he only came on after 5 mins.

Oh yes of course, i'm just remembering from the commentary, we'll he definitely passed the free kick to a full back which started the whole catalogue of errors.....or maybe not?

ffc73

Poor free kick into space behind Fred, Fred played to Kalas & Kalas had no options so tried to dribble out of defence & got caught in possession. His rugby tackle on the Reading player was rubbish & my initial thought was to look at ref. Ref already had his hand in his pocket which is always a bad sign.

I will need to see a replay to see if Ream would have got across to cover

filham

I was there , high up in the stand behind the goal and immediately thought ita foul wold be given and maybe a yellow card.

Having see the TV clip in seems a very harsh decision to give a red card and to reduce the whole match to eleven v ten.

PokerMatt

Honestly? It's not as harsh as I had expected it to be.

I mean, the player is through on goal with a clear shot if he's not fouled. The early in the game sense might have come into play, but I doubt that'll be overturned.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

MikeW

Nice to see the Reading players applauding the sending off on the pic used on the BBC web site.  Very classy Reading.  Just about sums your dreadful club up.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

westcliff white

Quote from: PokerMatt on August 12, 2017, 08:12:39 PM
Honestly? It's not as harsh as I had expected it to be.

I mean, the player is through on goal with a clear shot if he's not fouled. The early in the game sense might have come into play, but I doubt that'll be overturned.
I disagree as Ream is coming across no guarantee the shot is at target so to speak, very harsh. I hear we are appealing