watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Norwood

Started by Marinelloguthrie, August 15, 2017, 12:34:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marinelloguthrie

Not seen either match in the flesh just seen very minimal highlights, read everything on here and heard from my dad so I ask this purely as a distant observer.

Does Norwood deserve to be dropped if all 3 of our regular midfielders are fit?

It seems the guy has gone about his business quietly but effectively with a bit of a goal threat. He also gets about the pitch box to box from what I believe.

What it does mean is we have good competion with cisse and the young lads as well. You know what perhaps we are even stronger in midfield than we were last year I hasten to add.....

General

From the looks of it we're definitely stronger in midfield this season then last as we've so far kept everyone and strengthened with one of Brighton's starting midfielders and cisse.

That said though whilst it's good we've strengthened there and sensible if we want to compete even when we have injuries/suspensions it is arguably the one area of the pitch we needed the least improvement... still waiting on the defensive and attacking signings which we're severely lacking.

Woolly Mammoth

Without the defensive and attacking signings we ain't going anywhere. Not enough cover, and square pegs in round holes does not work after one or two matches.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Roberty

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 15, 2017, 05:21:34 AM
Without the defensive and attacking signings we ain't going anywhere. Not enough cover, and square pegs in round holes does not work after one or two matches.

I thought this thread was about Norwood?

What do you think about him?

For me he and possible Cisse offer the prospect of us being able to rotate players, during busy period and for injuries, without weakening the team - I was at the Norwich game and he fitted in well
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Roberty on August 15, 2017, 05:30:34 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 15, 2017, 05:21:34 AM

I thought this thread was about Norwood?

What do you think about him?

For me he and possible Cisse offer the prospect of us being able to rotate players, during busy period and for injuries, without weakening the team - I was at the Norwich game and he fitted in well
Roberty, what I meant was, and maybe I didn't use the right words. What I meant was, that I am very happy with the midfield, especially now that Oliver Norwood has arrived, and yes he should keep his place if he is playing well enough, he has possession of the shirt etc.
I got carried away with my concern that although our midfield is as good as any in the Division.
Some may even say we have the best midfield, and I would agree.
It's a shame that is not in some way matched by our defensive options. Especially when injuries and suspensions stretch our options even further. 
But I should have concentrated more on the question of Norwood who will no doubt have a big say when he gets his opportunity during the season.
As for keeping his place after Saturday, why not if he has earnt it.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

hovewhite

Hes done well and can only see him staying there till TC is fit.

westcliff white

i think he has done well (and also shows there is talent in the UK that you can pick up), with TC semeingly having some more knee issues then he coul dbe a key player for us for a while. I certianly wouldnt rush TC back at present given that Norwood is playing well. TC needs rest and to make sure that knee is right before we risk him.
Every day is a Fulham day

@jolslover

He's done well but it is a downgrade on Cairney so when the midfield 3 is fully fit he should not start.
STH H3