watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Such a wonderful opportunity

Started by Wearethewhites, August 12, 2017, 09:50:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the nutflush

A clinical finisher and a left back.  Clinical finishers don't exactly grow on trees though. 

Keynsham

Quote from: Statto on August 14, 2017, 06:07:31 PM

Last year I was of the view that on balance, he probably wasn't putting any new cash into the club, but the spending on facilities since then has swayed me.

Yes, sorry I probably should have been a little clearer there. I  did mean overall.  And I would guess (and it would be a guess so happy to stand corrected) there was also something of a big loss when in the Premier League too.

It is all supposition to a certain degree really though I suppose, and I for one can't risk getting into a situation where I am banned without reason again so won't push any point too hard!

the nutflush

Jokas got more patience than me.  If it was me I would have smashed up the furniture and walked by now. 

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: the nutflush on August 15, 2017, 10:26:45 AM
A clinical finisher and a left back.  Clinical finishers don't exactly grow on trees though. 

Have you seen my Orchard recently ?
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: the nutflush on August 15, 2017, 10:47:04 AM
Jokas got more patience than me.  If it was me I would have smashed up the furniture and walked by now. 

He may well still do that, as there is a limit to what I feel he will put up with. It cannot be easy working with the likes of Kline.

Never forget your Roots.

FulhamStu

We have plenty of players in each position as MJG CORRECTLY outlined.  What I think we lack is better balance with the type of player.  As said previously we lack an out and out goalscorer.  A target man or fox in the box type.  Mourne would have been perfect and if we had offered more could we have got him before it was too late ?   Also a commanding central defender, a guy who will boss the game, organise and be a threat at set pieces.  There is more to FFP than just transfer fees, i.e. wages, however we do not want to spend more than we can get away with and I fear this could be holding us back.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: FulhamStu on August 15, 2017, 11:53:45 AM
We have plenty of players in each position as MJG CORRECTLY outlined.  What I think we lack is better balance with the type of player.  As said previously we lack an out and out goalscorer.  A target man or fox in the box type.  Mourne would have been perfect and if we had offered more could we have got him before it was too late ?   Also a commanding central defender, a guy who will boss the game, organise and be a threat at set pieces.  There is more to FFP than just transfer fees, i.e. wages, however we do not want to spend more than we can get away with and I fear this could be holding us back.

As you say, a commanding Centre Back that can marshal the defence, and be a threat at set pieces is imperative to Fulham at this stage, and for the season.

Never forget your Roots.