Author Topic: Welcome Rui Fonte  (Read 3323 times)

Offline HatterDon

• Moritz Volz
  • just like that
    • DPH Vocal Ease
Re: Welcome Rui Fonte
« Reply #45 on: December 05, 2017, 10:31:50 PM »
Interesting reading. We all love strikers we've never seen play. It was good to see so much positivity about a transfer, though.

As for still time to come good, that's a good thought, but it seems to me that his major problem with us is an inability to deal with the physicality of the Championship. That's not likely to fix itself.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Offline JoelH5

• Legend
« Reply #46 on: December 05, 2017, 10:49:12 PM »
Great signing we can do the job now barring more injuries

And with this post Andy, I blame this seasons misfortunes entirely on you ;)
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Offline Lighthouse

• Moritz Volz
« Reply #47 on: December 05, 2017, 11:35:21 PM »
There is always optimism when we buy a player especially since we waited to buy a forward for so long. The fact that he isn't so much a forward but what they call a number 10, playing deeper and not doing much at all. We are all disappointed now. But we must be enthusiastic every time something new happens. Otherwise everybody will be fed up and moody all the time. Then everybody will be too much like me.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Online Woolly Mammoth

• Moritz Volz
« Reply #48 on: December 05, 2017, 11:41:32 PM »
Great signing we can do the job now barring more injuries

And with this post Andy, I blame this seasons misfortunes entirely on you ;)

He should be sued, I am fuming.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Offline hovewhite

• The Bard/Corked Hat
« Reply #49 on: December 06, 2017, 09:52:48 AM »
Hes not ready for the rough and tumble of the championship for sure,he needs to get in the gymm and make his frame more solid for next season.

Offline Twig

• cebu
« Reply #50 on: December 06, 2017, 09:56:19 AM »
Hes not ready for the rough and tumble of the championship for sure,he needs to get in the gymm and make his frame more solid for next season.

Next season?

Online Woolly Mammoth

• Moritz Volz
« Reply #51 on: December 06, 2017, 10:02:16 AM »

er next season did you say, don’t worry me.

Offline toshes mate

• Jimmy Hill
« Reply #52 on: December 06, 2017, 10:42:56 AM »
There is always optimism when we buy a player especially since we waited to buy a forward for so long. The fact that he isn't so much a forward but what they call a number 10, playing deeper and not doing much at all. We are all disappointed now. But we must be enthusiastic every time something new happens. Otherwise everybody will be fed up and moody all the time. Then everybody will be too much like me.
A little harsh on the self criticism IMHO, Lighthouse. but only a little.....  It's pretty normal these days to be fed up and moody about Fulham.  Just as long as we all cheer up a bit when we get promotion in May we'll be fine.  We've all been here many times before.

If we want to see Fonte's potential then I fear we have to wait for the whole team to select a forward gear.  Reverse is now getting bothersome. 

Offline davew

• Gentleman Jim
« Reply #53 on: December 06, 2017, 03:16:35 PM »
Seems a nice bloke and speaks good English.
Indeed, perhaps that is why the transfer fee was so high, can't see any other reason!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Offline davew

• Gentleman Jim
« Reply #54 on: December 06, 2017, 03:18:01 PM »
Couldn't resist digging this post out to see the reaction when we signed him. We certainly had high hopes for Rui, still plenty of time for him to fulfill his potential. And no Fulham Stu, he can't take a pen...
Just when I was thinking I don't want to criticise Fonte anymore and you bring up this thread again (lol).
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Online alfie

• cebu
« Reply #55 on: December 06, 2017, 05:23:03 PM »
Couldn't resist digging this post out to see the reaction when we signed him. We certainly had high hopes for Rui, still plenty of time for him to fulfill his potential. And no Fulham Stu, he can't take a pen...
Just when I was thinking I don't want to criticise Fonte anymore and you bring up this thread again (lol).
Don’t then, you don’t have to criticise Fonte, criticise the bloke that keeps selecting him.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Offline filham

• Gentleman Jim
« Reply #56 on: December 06, 2017, 06:11:02 PM »
Interesting reading. We all love strikers we've never seen play. It was good to see so much positivity about a transfer, though.

As for still time to come good, that's a good thought, but it seems to me that his major problem with us is an inability to deal with the physicality of the Championship. That's not likely to fix itself.

Surely an inability to deal with the physicality of the Championship should have been identified before we put the first of the 9 million notes on the table.

Online Woolly Mammoth

• Moritz Volz
« Reply #57 on: December 06, 2017, 06:27:24 PM »

Surely an inability to deal with the physicality of the Championship should have been identified before we put the first of the 9 million notes on the table.

Precisely, I cannot understand the clubs lack of proper clear and concise research, and this is not the first time.

Offline Jims Dentist

• Graham Leggat
« Reply #58 on: December 07, 2017, 07:05:52 PM »

Exactly right.
At the time of his signing I was dubious just given his height and weight, he was no way cut out to play central striker and wear the number 9 shirt, nor was his scoring stats particularly impressive.
At the time it was announced that T khan would be D.O.F. I feared the worse as as I have stated many times, he and Kline are and were totally unqualified to be given their roles.
IF he is an honourable man Tony Khant should fall on his sword and relinquish the role.