more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Welcome Rui Fonte

Started by rweller86, August 17, 2017, 05:01:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rweller86

Fonte Signs

The Club is delighted to confirm the signing of Sporting Clube de Braga captain Rui Fonte for an undisclosed fee.

The 27-year-old has signed a three-year deal, with a Club option to extend by a further 12 months.

Comfortable playing as a number nine or in a wider position, Fonte already has two goals to his name from his four Braga appearances this season. He netted the winner in their 2-1 league victory over Portimonense, while he was also on target in a UEFA Europa League Qualifier against AIK Solna.

Fonte joined Braga permanently last summer following a successful loan spell, and he ended the season with 11 goals from 24 league starts, making him comfortably the club's top scorer as they finished fifth in the Primeira Liga.

After coming through the academy at Portuguese giants Sporting Clube de Portugal, Fonte's first stint in England saw him join Arsenal as a teenager, where he went on to make his professional debut in a 3-0 FA Cup victory over Wigan Athletic in November 2008.

The younger brother of West Ham United defender and European Championship winner Jose Fonte, he joined his sibling at Crystal Palace for a 10-game loan spell later that season, giving him a first taste of Championship football.

In the summer of 2009 Fonte returned to his homeland with former club Sporting Lisbon. He took in loan spells with Vitória Setúbal and Espanyol, before making his move to the latter permanent.

Fonte was back in Portugal by January 2013 when he signed a deal with Benfica, for whom he scored in the Final of the Taça de Portugal, the country's domestic cup competition, as they beat Porto on penalties.

Capped by Portugal at youth level from Under-16s upwards, Fonte scored eight times in 22 appearances for their Under-21 side. He has been called up for the senior team in the past, but is yet to win a full cap.

Speaking to fulhamfc.com after putting pen to paper Fonte expressed his delight having completed the move,

"I am very happy and very excited to sign for Fulham, this is an amazing challenge.

"Fulham is a massive club and I'm looking forward to it.

"I wanted to say a big thank you to Braga who took me in as family and I'm thankful to all the staff and fans for their support during my time there."

Tony Khan commented, "Rui Fonte is a substantial talent, and I'm thrilled to welcome him to the Fulham Football Club.

We have been interested in Rui for a long time. We have great aspirations for the future of this club, and today we have taken another step towards realizing them by adding a striker known for his immense skill and selfless teamwork. COYW!"

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/august/17/fonte-joins
@rweller

f321ffc

076.gif Welcome Harry Bella, if your too young to get it ask yer dad. 092.gif

Or maybe your Grandad. 092.gif
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Milo

aaronmcguigan

As Tony says , "Welcome to the Fulham football club."  🙃😂👍🏻

dannyboi-ffc

Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Woolly Mammoth

Another string to Fulham's bow, he has quality.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Bassey the warrior

Welcome son. Hopefully this is the man to take us up.

Barrett487

Congratulations on joining a great club Rui  049:gif

I would suggest as a song (as i'm expecting great things)

Rui, Rui, Rui, Rui, Rui Rui ooooooohhhhhhhhhhh 

(to the tune of Kaiser Chiefs' Ruby)

hovewhite

valdeingruo

When I saw Woodrow go out I was optimistic that a forward was close. Welcome.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

AlexW132

Lovely stuff, welcome to Fulham Rui

Lighthouse

We certainly kept going back for him with ever increasing offers. Good luck to him. Squad is looking better with our last two signings. Shame about Lucas. But here is hoping that Rui Fonte works well.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

bobbo

Just IMO we have a squad very capable now and xlnt cover all round. It's gonna be hard to keep them all happy.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

e4b

Quote from: Barrett487 on August 17, 2017, 05:14:57 PM
Congratulations on joining a great club Rui  049:gif

I would suggest as a song (as i'm expecting great things)

Rui, Rui, Rui, Rui, Rui Rui ooooooohhhhhhhhhhh 

(to the tune of Kaiser Chiefs' Ruby)
0001.jpeg Welcome Rui

mrmicawbers

Looks a great asset. Quick,brave and strong and looks fantastic in the air.
Welcome to Fulham Rui.Looking forward to seeing him play.

Andy S

Great signing we can do the job now barring more injuries

Holders

Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Slaphead in Qatar

Think we've paid too much for fonte, but compared to last season we now have 2 strikers which have potential and offer hope.

nose

i know it doesn't tell the whole story but just seen his goals on youtube and this man looks like he may be the missing link AND he is experienced, so hopefully that will benifit the younger players... impressive and the sort of signing i had been hoping for at last!

nose

Quote from: Andy S on August 17, 2017, 06:02:45 PM
Great signing we can do the job now barring more injuries

brilliant signing but I think we are still lacking at the back, claeraly overloaded with midfield and wingers with pace and ability but CB and left back needed......   we are managing, just but I saw we are interested in Bennett who I am assured is a good LB so hopeful of that.