News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Stats suggest Rui Fonts isn't all that good.

Started by fcfulham55, August 18, 2017, 04:42:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fcfulham55

Stats don't lie.

But hoping he's a late bloomer at fulham. I'm sure we'll create lot''s of chances for him, then if he connects well with the players, confidence will help and it'll grow!

Also. Can imagine SJ not playing him, hoping I'm wrong and he really helps put away those chances though!
Sent from my Nokia 3310

fcfulham55

Sent from my Nokia 3310

MJG

Just the views of a long term fan

JoelH5

Couldn't care less about the stats. We'll see after 10 games.

Too many variables
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Burt

I'm not going to write the guy off before he has even kicked a ball for us... Let's see how he settles in first.

Bassey the warrior

It's true he wasn't prolific before the last few seasons but I trust Joka on this one.

fcfulham55

Quote from: Stefan The Viking (The Moose) on August 18, 2017, 05:27:56 PM
It's true he wasn't prolific before the last few seasons but I trust Joka on this one.

You're right fingers crossed Fulham suits him.
Sent from my Nokia 3310

fulhamben

I thought that at first, but his recent stats are pretty good. Plus I don't really care about stats. Just whether he can play or not
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

aaronmcguigan

fcfulham55s posts are all doom and gloom making statement without having any flesh t back it up.
I would welcome any honest negativity around Fonte to get a balanced view but this is just silly.
Ok the boy wasn't prolific but a striker is only as good as his service let's him be.
Throughout his career whether or form or not, he was playing in different leagues against different teams. He's ours now and his ability is what matters and how good we can make him rather than how good he has been.

The Rock

Obviously you haven't heard about Craig Kline. He is god's gift to football stats and a bigger man than you.

Woolly Mammoth

I am hopefull he will be a great addition for all the reasons they bought him for.
I am not the least interested in Stats at all. If he can play and do the business either by scoring, or assisting or playing within the framework of the team.
It's what he does in front of my eyes on the pitch that counts, giving 100% commitment, application and workrate. ⚽️
If he fails, then his ass is grass and ime a lawnmower.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Lighthouse

Said before that we have had a prolific scorer and the team didn't do that well other than score goals. I don't know enough about our new striker but his all round game seems to be well suited and something we don't have at the moment. Am told that he has the bravery of Brian McBride and is clever at finding space in the area. Let's see how he goes. Good luck to him.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

twang

Carlos Carvalhal, ex Braga player and manager and now Sheffield Wednesday's head coach, has given Rui Fonte a glowing review ahead of tomorrow's match:

"I know the player, of course," he told BBC Radio Sheffield. "Braga is my city. He is the captain of the team. He is a very good player. He is a very good striker. He is the brother of Jose Fonte.

"It is a little strange to me because the chairman of Braga (Antonio Salvador) told me: 'I can sell all the players but never Rui Fonte,' and now they sell Rui Fonte.

"It is a good investment (for) Fulham. They have (signed) a quality player."

JoelH5

Quote from: twang on August 18, 2017, 07:20:58 PM
Carlos Carvalhal, ex Braga player and manager and now Sheffield Wednesday's head coach, has given Rui Fonte a glowing review ahead of tomorrow's match:

"I know the player, of course," he told BBC Radio Sheffield. "Braga is my city. He is the captain of the team. He is a very good player. He is a very good striker. He is the brother of Jose Fonte.

"It is a little strange to me because the chairman of Braga (Antonio Salvador) told me: 'I can sell all the players but never Rui Fonte,' and now they sell Rui Fonte.

"It is a good investment (for) Fulham. They have (signed) a quality player."

Just about to post this. I put more faith in Carvalhal's comments (a professional manager) than some bit part wannabe statistician.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: fcfulham55 on August 18, 2017, 04:42:38 PM
Stats don't lie.

But hoping he's a late bloomer at fulham. I'm sure we'll create lot''s of chances for him, then if he connects well with the players, confidence will help and it'll grow!

Also. Can imagine SJ not playing him, hoping I'm wrong and he really helps put away those chances though!
Yes they do - have you never heard? "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics."
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

YankeeJim

His stats are not fantastic except for two: he scores 1 out of four shots and is on target 50% of the time. Given chances, he'll score. All last year we cried for a finisher. It would seem we now have one. Time will tell.

I'm a bit confused about one thing. Is he Kline's pick or Joka's?
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: fcfulham55 on August 18, 2017, 04:42:38 PM
Stats don't lie.

Where did you get this idea that stats don't lie, they can mislead you, and they generally do, it just gives Kline a job, and somehow he has to justify his job.
Unless of course you are talking about statins, then you have probably got high cholestral.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

davew

Joka was probably not aware that Fonte was being signed, doesn't matter though, the guy must be able to offer something positive to our squad, better than keeping Woodrow!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

JoelH5

Quote from: davew on August 18, 2017, 07:57:57 PM
Joka was probably not aware that Fonte was being signed, doesn't matter though, the guy must be able to offer something positive to our squad, better than keeping Woodrow!!

He would have known. We've been after him for around a year