watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Shahid Khan giving ‘serious consideration to selling Fulham’

Started by WhiteJC, August 19, 2017, 09:17:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grandad

How the Khan haters are loving this. Out of the woodwork they crawl.
Perhaps they would prefer some of these Chinese people who are flooding over here on the back of their sweat shops millions.
Where there's a will there's a wife

toshes mate

People like Khan do not get rich by standing still, dreaming, or rebuffing serious offers which improve their portfolio.  I would suggest Mr Khan has been 'open to serious offers' from day one as, no doubt, any other owner has been and would be.  It doesn't mean a 'serious offer' is out there or anywhere near approaching whatever valuation Mr Khan may place on Fulham FC as an asset.  I also think it is kidology to believe the combined worth of all Fulham's players would increase such an asset's value to the point it becomes impossible to resist. 

What makes anything worthwhile is its potential and if Fulham were in the PL with a much improved stadium with hospitality, conference and concert facilities and a healthy annual income then surely it would be a very tasty morsel indeed.  The Academy is a different matter as it can be seen to run at a profit already and has the potential to turn out dozens more players with huge potential, but it needs the football club as a focal point of that potential to attract young children and their parents.

Just journalistic license being used because it is slow news month and he wanted to justify his fee.

alexmur

Thus better be fake news

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

grandad

WE knew MAF wanted to sell after the Europa Cup year when he started his financial wizardry & halting investment. Khan is doing the opposite. Investing what he is able to do under present restrictions with players. He has invested heavily in the infrastructure of the club. He does have plans for redevelopment of the Riverside, but only when he has the plans he wants in place. Khan doesn´t do cheap makeovers.
Where there's a will there's a wife

General

Last time something like the came out the fulham website published a rebuttal quite firmly stating they weren't selling the club and had no interest in doing so and were in it for the long haul.. or perhaps I made that up - pretty sure I didn't though. I don't see why this would be true since as not much with the club has changed and Khan seems to have gotten better with decision making and the club..

General

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/july/10/evening-standard-reaction

Re an evening standard article posted in July 2015 about shahid khan apparently wanting to sell the club.

The Old Count

Quote from: Baszab on August 19, 2017, 10:43:32 AM
He has been trying to offload for over 2 years

It is well known in Florida business circles

I posted this 2 years ago and took considerable criticism amid accusations of slander

He has no interest in the business and it's is a plaything for his son

However we do now have a strong squad and a great manager - but SJ knows it's top 6 or the sack (again) this year

Maybe Kit Symons will buy the club.

Carborundum

Quote from: BedsFFC on August 19, 2017, 09:34:44 AM
oh god, more weeks of Khan this and Kline that.

You know what? I really don't care. Its a bumpy ride supporting Fulham. 3 points on the occasional saturday, a bit of fun. that will do me.
Brilliantly put. 

Finnegans Wake

We would all sell our houses if we were offered a good price. Doesn't mean we want to move.

Jonaldiniho 88

Quote from: The Old Count on August 19, 2017, 11:25:15 AM

I posted this 2 years ago and took considerable criticism amid accusations of slander

However we do now have a strong squad and a great manager - but SJ knows it's top 6 or the sack (again) this year

Maybe Kit Symons will buy the club.

Haha

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Carborundum on August 19, 2017, 11:49:58 AM
Quote from: BedsFFC on August 19, 2017, 09:34:44 AM
oh god, more weeks of Khan this and Kline that.

You know what? I really don't care. Its a bumpy ride supporting Fulham. 3 points on the occasional saturday, a bit of fun. that will do me.
Brilliantly put.

Just going to ask. Exactly how far apart would "occasional" be?

NogoodBoyo

I truly hope he doesn't sell, but I fear there may well be some truth to this story. 
I reported that Chairman Mo wanted to sell way back in 2007.  A friend of mine worked closely with him at the corner shop.  His words were "he'd bite the hand off someone who made a decent offer."  It took a long time until Khan came onto the scene with such an offer, but sell he did.
Football fans seem notoriously reluctant to admit that owners or players might not want to stick with their club, but it's just a business to the likes of Khan - and not a very lucrative one either for most.
Nogood "a sad day to read this, itis" Boyo

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Finnegans Wake on August 19, 2017, 12:41:07 PM
We would all sell our houses if we were offered a good price. Doesn't mean we want to move.

Wrong....We'd never sell ours for a million, its part of us and love living in it...So there..lol

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Maybe if we get into the PS the value may entice him to sell.
But why now ?

Nonsense reporting, it seems
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

NJFulham

Logicalman

With all due respect, you posted this TWO YEARS ago and now there is a story that supports your claims.

I could predict that sometime in the future Khan will sell Fulham, Jose will leave United and the Sessegnon bros will be sold and I have a certainty that all three will likely come true in my lifetime.

As TM rightly said, Khan is a businessman, with a club like Fulham, if the right offer comes along any of our owners would sell.

There could be something to this story, it could be the usual journo crap we are all used to, but I, for one, wait until there is some concrete facts behind a story before I can believe it in.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Flume

As far as club owners go, SK's been pretty good. I understand, his tenure at the club hasn't been very positive, but at least he's not trying to change our name to 'Fulham Cottagers' because we'd appeal to a 'global audience' or 'Red Bull London' because he wants to attach his product on our club name and changing our kits and badge to red because it appeals to an Asian audience. At least he's not trying to move our club to Milton Keynes, at least he's finally improving our team
I trust SK because we could have had someone far worse
In Slav we trust

fcfulham55

Sent from my Nokia 3310

Logicalman

Quote from: fcfulham55 on August 19, 2017, 05:53:14 PM
I would love it to be true!

Then find some businessmen who will lend you the money and buy him out!

Sorry, but I get fed up with those who keep harping on about Khan and how bad he is for the club. He is nowhere near the best of owners, but given what we have seen from other owners of similar-sized clubs in the past, he is nowhere near the worst either.

Criticize him by all means, but just wanting him to sell for the sake of selling is a poor outlook from my view, as we all know, the grass is ALWAYS greener, isn't it?
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.