watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Play 2 up front at home

Started by dannyboi-ffc, August 19, 2017, 05:01:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyboi-ffc

Sick of not creating chances cos nobody is in the box. Forget blaming the recruitment, sometimes Joka needs to be more versatile. For me this season the midfield 3 have been found out a bit. Not the personel, more the system.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

davew

Agreed Danny, or maybe our players are just not as good as we think they are?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Baszab

Shocking predictable uninspired performance totally found out by SW

Let's hope it's a blip

davew

Day almost complete with Europe getting stuffed in the Solheim Cup.

Mince n Tatties

What I can't get my head round as I sit in Bishops Park sick as a parrot is this...We buy I thought a Striker yet he ends up drifting wide and crossing balls in to where he should be... :doh:

davew

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 19, 2017, 05:18:29 PM
What I can't get my head round as I sit in Bishops Park sick as a parrot is this...We buy I thought a Striker yet he ends up drifting wide and crossing balls in to where he should be... :doh:
Perhaps we were wrong to assume we have signed a striker.

PokerMatt

Quote from: davew on August 19, 2017, 05:07:41 PM
Agreed Danny, or maybe our players are just not as good as we think they are?

Can't be this. Same players that got 6th last year.

RE the OP, I don't like 2 up top. We have a load of attackers who can't finish, so why put two strikers?

I think we're just not clicking but it'll come and there's plenty of time to turn it round. We'll burst Cardiff and/or Ipswich's bubble as well.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

grandad

The key problem is that our powerhouse of McDonald, Johansen & Cairney are not 100% fit but are having to be pressed to play. Cisse & Norwood are fine to come off the bench but are not quite as good as the 3 amigos.
Where there's a will there's a wife

davew

Quote from: grandad on August 19, 2017, 05:23:31 PM
The key problem is that our powerhouse of McDonald, Johansen & Cairney are not 100% fit but are having to be pressed to play. Cisse & Norwood are fine to come off the bench but are not quite as good as the 3 amigos.
Spot on analysis!!!!

Count Flapula

2 up top is not the answer to the problem - the main issue was we didn't do our usual full pitch press when we don't have the ball and invited them into us, particularly in the second half. Aluko, Sess and Cairney were playing miles away from Fonte who was isolated up top (when he was playing up top!). Seems like we are playing a new system to accommodate a no.9 striker an it patently didnt work. Nowhere near enough movement / fluidity up top and throughout the team today. Hope we go back to what we're good at pronto.

fulhamben

one could argue that we made too many changes from the last game. What was it 5? Odoi was moved to left back 1, kalas came in at CB 2, sess was moved to left wing 3, Cairney came in 4 kamara was dropped for Fonte 5. That's a hell of a lot of changes for one game
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

bobbo

It was all poor, imo we passed poorly, aluko should have buried at least one of the three first half chances,there was a distinct lack of moment when our midfielders had the ball and the whole build up once we were in possession was half the pace it was last season. They were nothing special but today they were better than us.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

alfie

When i was coaching we used to do a drill where everyone had to touch the ball before a shot was done, this reminded me of that, to be honest I was so bored in the first half, I spent most of my time looking around watching other supporters, found them more interesting.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: fulhamben on August 19, 2017, 05:29:54 PM
one could argue that we made too many changes from the last game. What was it 5? Odoi was moved to left back 1, kalas came in at CB 2, sess was moved to left wing 3, Cairney came in 4 kamara was dropped for Fonte 5. That's a hell of a lot of changes for one game

and unnecessary!
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

westcliff white

which formation would you switch too if we go 2 up front? if it also means 2 central midfielders which one drops out?
Every day is a Fulham day

fulhamben

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 19, 2017, 06:16:55 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on August 19, 2017, 05:29:54 PM

and unnecessary!
yes I think so, maybe the team that started will end up being our best 11, but to change so much so quickly, clearly wasn't the right call. Stick or twist again in the next match, that's now the conundrum
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

aaronmcguigan

Would it work with 3 centre backs, the 3 in the middle of StefJo, KMac, TC, two wing backs and two up front. ?

Just an option but there needs to be something different when we aren't doing well, a different tactic or something revolutionary. This team done wonderful things last year but many teams have adapted and can counter act any threats we have and stick a man on Cairney like glue.

westcliff white

Quote from: Newry FFC on August 19, 2017, 06:33:38 PM
Would it work with 3 centre backs, the 3 in the middle of StefJo, KMac, TC, two wing backs and two up front. ?

Just an option but there needs to be something different when we aren't doing well, a different tactic or something revolutionary. This team done wonderful things last year but many teams have adapted and can counter act any threats we have and stick a man on Cairney like glue.

I have no  idea but I don't think just saying 2 up front works you have to look at the team dynamics. we have 2 strikers to play 2 up front you need 4 so you have 2 for every position.

If one gets injured, you cant move Aluko there as his finishing is iffy at best, same for Ayite etc. so its not as easy as it seems given the squad we have as it stands
Every day is a Fulham day

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: alfie on August 19, 2017, 05:52:48 PM
When i was coaching we used to do a drill where everyone had to touch the ball before a shot was done, this reminded me of that, to be honest I was so bored in the first half, I spent most of my time looking around watching other supporters, found them more interesting.

There was a chap about 4 seats along from me spending the whole time dipping a lollipop in a bag of sherbet, which I found amusing..

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: westcliff white on August 19, 2017, 06:37:32 PM
Quote from: Newry FFC on August 19, 2017, 06:33:38 PM

I have no  idea but I don't think just saying 2 up front works you have to look at the team dynamics. we have 2 strikers to play 2 up front you need 4 so you have 2 for every position.

If one gets injured, you cant move Aluko there as his finishing is iffy at best, same for Ayite etc. so its not as easy as it seems given the squad we have as it stands

I'd class Ayite or Piazon as one of a foursome of strikers over Aluko. See we'd need one more which doesn't seem impossible anyway
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging