News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

is this still a good start to the season?

Started by nose, August 19, 2017, 06:07:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jarv

Dont panic Mr. Mainwaring.

:005:     (dads army for the youngsters).

Holders

To answer the original question: Yes. The acquisitions have been good; reportedly SJ was content to see Malone go (my personal regret) and, of course, the results haven't gelled yet but there's a long way to go. Reasons to be hopeful in my view.

Alice Springs eternal...
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Berserker

I don't think 3 points out of 12 is a good start to the season. Saying that we've had good starts previously and then gone on to get relegated. Therefore it doesn't reflect the season ahead.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

aaronmcguigan

Last season against the same teams at the same stadiums we scored the same points having scored 4 and conceded 5 compared to this seasons 2v3.
No difference

If we equal last years results we will end up with 80 points. simple. Not saying we will but it's a better benchmark when comparing our start with other teams starts or versus our start last season when we played different teams !

Skatzoffc

In a word no. My opinions on games so far:-

Tough teams granted. But not a good start.

The Norwich game was 2 points lost. We should have been 3 up imo. Didn't take chances and finish them off.
Reading. Poor play to get a man sent off. Did well to get a point out of it.
Leeds. Wasn't at the game but the highlights looked like a feisty hard won draw.

Sheffield Wednesday game, dreadful for a number of reasons.
Cairny not fit. Should have come off, but he's captain and probably needed the 90mins.
Aluko was shocking. His mind was elsewhere.
Fonte looked ok at the start, but a tough game for him to start in.
We didn't get the ball to him enough. Tbh it will take a few games to get used to his runs and for him to get used to our thro' balls up to him.

Wednesday played their usual disgraceful ant-football to get a draw and would have been happy with that if we hadn't gifted them a goal from Macca's loss of control in our half. All aided and abetted by the worst ref in the league. How he sleeps at night I have no idea.
So all in all a bad day at the office.

A long way to go tho.
Games come thick and fast in this division and we will climb back up soon enough.
Not too worried yet, but we need to gel quickly.

COYW!

Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Berserker on August 20, 2017, 06:51:15 PM
I don't think 3 points out of 12 is a good start to the season. Saying that we've had good starts previously and then gone on to get relegated. Therefore it doesn't reflect the season ahead.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Wise words
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.