watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Slavs Talking Nonsense?

Started by Mince n Tatties, August 19, 2017, 07:45:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

He has stated that we were the better side,and deserved something from the game,it was down to our  lack of firepower (I thought you'd bought 2 strikers).
Maybe I was watching the game differently to him.
Deserved something from it....lol

alfie

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 19, 2017, 07:45:36 PM
He has stated that we were the better side,and deserved something from the game,it was down to our  lack of firepower (I thought you'd bought 2 strikers).
As long as I have been in and around football I just cannot understand why we go to all the effort of getting a decent striker only for him to be taking corners, get in the bloody middle son and stick your head on them.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: alfie on August 19, 2017, 07:49:24 PM
As long as I have been in and around football I just cannot understand why we go to all the effort of getting a decent striker only for him to be taking corners, get in the bloody middle son and stick your head on them.

Totally agree,I thought we'd bought a striker,not someone crossing to where he should have been..

ScalleysDad

The whole thing is getting like a string of awkward moments, you know the ones when the "it's not you it's me" line becomes the "will you just *** off and die" line and everyone says "told you so"

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Statto on August 19, 2017, 07:49:58 PM
well hold on... i have slated the performance but we were still the better side, we created more than wednesday and should have scored 3 or 4

What...If you think we were the better team,then we are a certain for relegation as we want beat anyone playing like that.
I'm afraid should have scored 3 doesn't win you games.

hovewhite

Funny idea of playing a striker in the, wrong part of the pitch,shef wed not good themselves but better than us!

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Statto on August 19, 2017, 07:57:09 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 19, 2017, 07:53:25 PM
well hold on... i have slated the performance but we were still the better side, we created more than wednesday and should have scored 3 or 4

What...If you think we were the better team,then we are a certain for relegation as we want beat anyone playing like that.

i can't remember them missing any gilt-edged chances. we had sessegnon's 1 on 1, aluko's free header into the open net and there was a 3rd as well where it was easier to score than miss. we had more position, more corners and the same number of shots on target. don't get me wrong, wednesday came with 2 pts from 3 games and at home we should be comprehensively beating teams like that but let's not get carried away, we were still the better team surely

Like I've said already should have scored 3 doesn't win you the game does it....Isn't it goals that count ,for points?

Nero

Difference was Wednesday didn't dick about with it they just put it into the box. We didn't look that dangerous until the last 10 when we went long a few times. What's the point in have quick players if you're going to utilise it. The amount of time the Wednesday defense was stood on the half way line and no ball over the top.

Mince n Tatties

I can't see how anyone can say we were the better team.that 2nd half performance wouldn't have beaten a lower league side imo.

DevonFFC

Because he is not an out and out striker and we don't play with one. They are all forwards/wing man. Designed to play across a front three.

We need a focal point to spear hear our attack. Some one who will be in the box at all times.

Doesn't go running side at every occasion. Rolan would be again the exact same signing as fonte and kamara

ChesterTheTabby

Gents, relax, I agreee that this is an atrocious start to the season and that there is absolutely no excuse for our current predicament, however, to start slating Rui Fonte already for playing his first 90 minutes for the club after being brought in 2 days ago is absurd. We will figure this out, we will start kicking on, I still believe.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Twig

Quote from: Statto on August 19, 2017, 07:57:09 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 19, 2017, 07:53:25 PM

i can't remember them missing any gilt-edged chances. we had sessegnon's 1 on 1, aluko's free header into the open net and there was a 3rd as well where it was easier to score than miss. we had more position, more corners and the same number of shots on target. don't get me wrong, wednesday came with 2 pts from 3 games and at home we should be comprehensively beating teams like that but let's not get carried away, we were still the better team surely

To be fair, and as poor as we were, you are right. Problem is we missed all three.

PS our second half performance was sh1t

Lighthouse

The chances that were created especially first half were good enough to put us a few goals up. I don't know what was said at half time but whatever it was it made us play like a balloon that had a puncture. The first three games I thought we did well in trying circumstances. Not sure at all what happened in the second half.

But I hope this was just a bad day at the office.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Twig

Quote from: Nero on August 19, 2017, 07:59:40 PM
Difference was Wednesday didn't dick about with it they just put it into the box. We didn't look that dangerous until the last 10 when we went long a few times. What's the point in have quick players if you're going to utilise it. The amount of time the Wednesday defense was stood on the half way line and no ball over the top.

Agree with the d1cking around point. We have been away for 7 years and this was my second match and my wife's first. At half time she asked me why we waste the advantage our fast wide players offer by stopping and playing it sideways.  I didn't have an answer.

Denver Fulham

They somehow missed a header from a yard out off a corner, and forced Button into the best save either keeper made all day. We certainly didn't out-chance them, and they finished one with precision that we haven't had all season.

BestOfBrede

Carborundum

Praise in public, criticise in private.  Not nonsense, just sound management.

He knows perfectly well that we were poor in the second half.

bobbo

i couldn't understand that either, I liked the look of him but the slow build up and wayward passes meant he got little good service. Agree get in the middle.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

toshes mate

Quote from: ScalleysDad on August 19, 2017, 07:52:52 PM
The whole thing is getting like a string of awkward moments, you know the ones when the "it's not you it's me" line becomes the "will you just *** off and die" line and everyone says "told you so"
+1