watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Failed Logic

Started by nose, August 19, 2017, 09:51:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nose

if the stats based transfer system is being used, how come we buy so many similar players?

We have endless small tricky players but last may we knew we needed a big physical prescence at the front, does tha statistical analysis ignore that?
we need a physical center back, does the statistical anaysis not know that?

we currently are in urgent need of a left footed, experienced left back? does the mighty Kline not have his algorithm tweaked to show that.

In may after the failures against readin it was obvious what had to be done and when it needed to be done. we have yet to get the right players, and the ones we do have got arrived far too late AGAIN.#

Our leaders and nice people, no doubt well intentioned but actually total amateurs not willing to listen to experience. I wish I had as much money as mr Khan, he has so much he is just chucking it away at the moment, with a little more effort and doing it properly we would be miles better.  the stats logic is a total shambles and failure, today proves that.

YankeeJim

We picked up Kamara who appears to be a bit of a brute and we have Reim who is left footed and has played well.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Lighthouse

Well I have supported the right to say the same things over and over again. But the only failed logic here is that we did ok with these players before and after one poor game I am not about to jump up and down and claim the whole system has failed. Yes we get it about waiting for players coming in. However the need for a physical centre back and forward isn't clear at all. We haD those and they didn't fit in to the way we played and we sold them. Smith coming on as sub and scoring for QPR today doesn't change that.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

and we play Kamara on the right wing, go figure, not the place for a brute
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

hovewhite

The new no9 takes corners,duuu?

nose

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 20, 2017, 12:48:59 AM
Well I have supported the right to say the same things over and over again. But the only failed logic here is that we did ok with these players before and after one poor game I am not about to jump up and down and claim the whole system has failed. Yes we get it about waiting for players coming in. However the need for a physical centre back and forward isn't clear at all. We haD those and they didn't fit in to the way we played and we sold them. Smith coming on as sub and scoring for QPR today doesn't change that.

i would agree with you but as the form team from last season with glaringly obvious deficiencies in the squad that, if rectified would see us all but unbeatable IMO, we have not corrected the deffieciencies. does the stats not show the areas we are weak?
AND
It's not one bad game is it. it's three points from four games, and that is a very poor start for the boys.
Other teams have rumbbled us and that is to be expected so we needed a it more. I am querying the use of the stats for not bringing the players we actually need, by the way i really like the look of fonte, quality, excellent. but there are other priorities too and we are spectacularly failing to get them soorted.
the failed logic is the not enough cover and quality in defence, no proper physical precence up front or at the back and kamara, I am not sure quite what he is supposed to be, it was not at all clear yesterday!

Andy S

Only at the end of the season will you know if these results are as bad as you think now

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Andy S on August 20, 2017, 03:01:12 PM
Only at the end of the season will you know if these results are as bad as you think now

By then it will be far too late.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Mince n Tatties

Fatima Whitbread is 56 and lives in Canvey Island.

Denver Fulham

Quote from: nose on August 20, 2017, 02:15:57 PM

i would agree with you but as the form team from last season with glaringly obvious deficiencies in the squad that, if rectified would see us all but unbeatable IMO, we have not corrected the deffieciencies. does the stats not show the areas we are weak?
AND
It's not one bad game is it. it's three points from four games, and that is a very poor start for the boys.
Other teams have rumbbled us and that is to be expected so we needed a it more. I am querying the use of the stats for not bringing the players we actually need, by the way i really like the look of fonte, quality, excellent. but there are other priorities too and we are spectacularly failing to get them soorted.
the failed logic is the not enough cover and quality in defence, no proper physical precence up front or at the back and kamara, I am not sure quite what he is supposed to be, it was not at all clear yesterday!

Our deficiencies last season were, in order:
1. no competent striker
2. no depth behind starting midfield
3. patchy goalkeeping
4. CB questions

We created a fifth one by selling off Malone, so we need some LB cover.

Our summer response:
1. Buy Kamara AND Fonte
2. Buy Cisse and loan Norwood
3. Nothing, but Button's been very competent thus far, and Betts is healthy again, so hot hand will prevail
4. Ream became very good around Feb/March and has remained that way. Plus Odoi has shown ability there.
5. We're about to loan with buy option a 22yo big prospect

So where is the problem here? Our issue so far is that our midfield trio has been injured / not match fit / not particularly good. I don't think people have figured us out. I think our key players haven't performed well yet. We'll be fine.

@jolslover

Quote from: Denver Fulham on August 20, 2017, 04:41:53 PM
Quote from: nose on August 20, 2017, 02:15:57 PM

AND

Our deficiencies last season were, in order:
1. no competent striker
2. no depth behind starting midfield
3. patchy goalkeeping
4. CB questions

We created a fifth one by selling off Malone, so we need some LB cover.

Our summer response:
1. Buy Kamara AND Fonte
2. Buy Cisse and loan Norwood
3. Nothing, but Button's been very competent thus far, and Betts is healthy again, so hot hand will prevail
4. Ream became very good around Feb/March and has remained that way. Plus Odoi has shown ability there.
5. We're about to loan with buy option a 22yo big prospect

So where is the problem here? Our issue so far is that our midfield trio has been injured / not match fit / not particularly good. I don't think people have figured us out. I think our key players haven't performed well yet. We'll be fine.

Good post. Honestly the negativity on here is a joke. Forum is active when we lose, Not so much when we win because people have nothing to complain about.
STH H3