Main Menu

Michael Madl transfer listed

Started by charliejones141, August 20, 2017, 01:08:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charliejones141

Quote from: Southcoastffc on August 20, 2017, 08:44:16 PM
Quote from: Southcoastffc on August 20, 2017, 06:01:17 PM
Quote from: charliejones141 on August 20, 2017, 01:08:42 PM
http://charlesjonessports.com/2017/08/20/michael-madl-placed-on-the-transfer-list-by-fulham/
What is the source of this story/rumour/speculation/fantasy please?
My question wasn't criticism, it was a straight, open and polite question, not yet answered.

Sorry pal I know a source close to the club. Check my previous posts on my site all been reliable so far mate

MikeW

Forgive me but I was reading references on this board to the likelihood of Madl leaving last Friday.  Long before chum Charlie piped up.  Not defending him but it seems to be a live story?  Therefore legitimate post from him if he's on FOF.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

charliejones141

Quote from: Newry FFC on August 20, 2017, 06:37:07 PM
Not hard to be right about Woodrow, Fonte, Kamara when you report it after other people report it.
Madl is out of favour and there have been reported links about him leaving for Poland, so it's not hard to make up that he's been transfer listed. There's nothing concrete, nothing official and just because you're friends don't want to go out to play , doesn't mean you have to resort to The Sun style nonsense writing.

You've in the past made up many a silly rumour, just for a bit of attention and it's getting boring now. Unless you're a 10 year old who's practicing story writing, please stop.

Not made up a single thing mate and I would appreciate if you got off my back about it. All I have done is relay what a source close to the club has told me and I get constant criticism for it. Never made a thing up and wrote about Kamara, Woodrow, Fonte and Ojo weeks or days before the transfers. As far as I know I am the first person to post on this forum about those transfers, and even if i am not I would like to think my articles give you some insight on the players anyway. Never ever wrote anything that I know to be false

charliejones141

Quote from: MikeW on August 20, 2017, 08:57:03 PM
Forgive me but I was reading references on this board to the likelihood of Madl leaving last Friday.  Long before chum Charlie piped up.  Not defending him but it seems to be a live story?  Therefore legitimate post from him if he's on FOF.

Mate wouldn't be an issue if I worked for a "Legitimate" publication even though they make things up all the time, or my name was Westcliff White. I have not posted one single piece of BS yet but I still get comments saying I have no idea or am posting old news when I had never seen that stuff posted on the forum. I reported the new bids for Fonte 3 weeks before the signing but I still got a load of abuse for it

General

Charliejonessports. Can we just be straight for a minute - you don't post any original or insightful content and seem to be writing stuff - regurgitated most of the time, with no sources or credibility attached to promote your own blog site (charliejonessports). Please stop, otherwise it becomes tiresome and I'll be tempted to make a more formal complaint. It's tiresome.

I appreciate you may be a kid trying to be entrepreneurial, but in reality you're not being entrepreneurial by setting up a blog and just writing articles with nothing uniquely credible about them with 'clickbait headlines'... if you want to be taken seriously as a journalist and make real money from the advertising - which you can make through blogs alone - come up with some sort of original thought leadership or thought led/statistic led pieces which offer something new to the reader, otherwise your venture will become redundant and as similar to the 'boy who cried wolf' (if you haven't heard of the story read up on it - it's short) and after a short while, your idea will fall completely flat.

Learn to analyse what's going on subjectively by understanding the emotional values people attribute to their roles and careers and what may matter to them and then original insights re our style of play, why things may not or may be working well or highlight particularly interesting points you think have genuine value in relation to how the club or the players work.

If you want to develop your career as a journalist - sign up for accreditation at sports events, network with people in the industry at these events - ask for advice on how to improve, or just learn off you own individual thought and learnings from being in these spaces... then get insider knowledge which is original/adds value and prove it contains merit.

If you want to start your blog and make it more serious - start a youtube video blog - a lot of young people have assessing things like home vs away experiences at different grounds...you don't have to do that, but come up with something original and true to who you are.

If you want - get in touch with the Fulham back office/administrative team and ask if you - as writer for charliejonessports - can be given accreditation for the Fulham games (you may get free tickets).. turn up at press briefings before and after games... build relationships with people at the club and develop your own platform from there... As people on here have done - they've built relationships with people and done interviews with them, then built a reputation of credibility and have developed their standing and the original content of their work from there.

I admire your passion and willingness to cover Fulham and all related and want to encourage it, but know full well - (from someone who's worked for the largest news agency in the world) that you need to do more than you currently are to be taken seriously and - at a young age - people will more than happily give you opportunities to prove yourself and develop if you have genuine passion but cover things properly.

Hope that helps - good luck with your future endeavours and stop posting stuff that people already know themselves or stuff that discredits you as a source.

Sorry if that seems harsh - it's meant with all the best intentions. See it as 'constructive criticism'..

Also - if you're trying to be an entrepreneur about these things I know how frustrating it can be if someone older comes in to say 'do it this way - this is the way it's always been done and it works', especially when you want to do thing differently and see extra value in the way you do things.. stay true to that if that's the case but realise you need to meet people who can make your passion a career you need to meet those willing to pay for your skill somewhere on their terms and be credible (objectivitiy and subjectivity is important in journalism).

I look forward to seeing you put some new/thought provoking articles up.

Barrett487

I think it would be better if you copy & paste the full detail as your OP, then add the link in case people want to look closer. The fact that any information detail is hidden behind a link upsets the sceptics.

As for the content, i'm sure you believe that your news is original, but too much appears to be old stuff that's already on the Transfer Thread.... which is where you should post news. I also suggest that you read the Transfer Thread to avoid citing old news as 'scoops'.

charliejones141

Quote from: General on August 20, 2017, 09:04:41 PM
Charliejonessports. Can we just be straight for a minute - you don't post any original or insightful content and seem to be writing stuff - regurgitated most of the time, with no sources or credibility attached to promote your own blog site (charliejonessports). Please stop, otherwise it becomes tiresome and I'll be tempted to make a more formal complaint. It's tiresome.

I appreciate you may be a kid trying to be entrepreneurial, but in reality you're not being entrepreneurial by setting up a blog and just writing articles with nothing uniquely credible about them with 'clickbait headlines'... if you want to be taken seriously as a journalist and make real money from the advertising - which you can make through blogs alone - come up with some sort of original thought leadership or thought led/statistic led pieces which offer something new to the reader, otherwise your venture will become redundant and as similar to the 'boy who cried wolf' (if you haven't heard of the story read up on it - it's short) and after a short while, your idea will fall completely flat.

Learn to analyse what's going on subjectively by understanding the emotional values people attribute to their roles and careers and what may matter to them and then original insights re our style of play, why things may not or may be working well or highlight particularly interesting points you think have genuine value in relation to how the club or the players work.

If you want to develop your career as a journalist - sign up for accreditation at sports events, network with people in the industry at these events - ask for advice on how to improve, or just learn off you own individual thought and learnings from being in these spaces... then get insider knowledge which is original/adds value and prove it contains merit.

If you want to start your blog and make it more serious - start a youtube video blog - a lot of young people have assessing things like home vs away experiences at different grounds...you don't have to do that, but come up with something original and true to who you are.

If you want - get in touch with the Fulham back office/administrative team and ask if you - as writer for charliejonessports - can be given accreditation for the Fulham games (you may get free tickets).. turn up at press briefings before and after games... build relationships with people at the club and develop your own platform from there... As people on here have done - they've built relationships with people and done interviews with them, then built a reputation of credibility and have developed their standing and the original content of their work from there.

I admire your passion and willingness to cover Fulham and all related and want to encourage it, but know full well - (from someone who's worked for the largest news agency in the world) that you need to do more than you currently are to be taken seriously and - at a young age - people will more than happily give you opportunities to prove yourself and develop if you have genuine passion but cover things properly.

Hope that helps - good luck with your future endeavours and stop posting stuff that people already know themselves or stuff that discredits you as a source.

Sorry if that seems harsh - it's meant with all the best intentions. See it as 'constructive criticism'..

Also - if you're trying to be an entrepreneur about these things I know how frustrating it can be if someone older comes in to say 'do it this way - this is the way it's always been done and it works', especially when you want to do thing differently and see extra value in the way you do things.. stay true to that if that's the case but realise you need to meet people who can make your passion a career you need to meet those willing to pay for your skill somewhere on their terms and be credible (objectivitiy and subjectivity is important in journalism).

I look forward to seeing you put some new/thought provoking articles up.

Thanks a lot mate, I do try to post more thought provoking/ insightful things but during transfer season and while I have got a source at the club willing to give me info I will write about that. Maybe I am not always the first person to publish something about these transfers but I can only post the info as I get it in order to be sure that it is reliable. I could have easily wrote about the Joe Bennett transfer as it was all over the place but my source didn't tell me anything about it until we had already rejected him so I wrote about that. If you check back through my blogs history a lot of it is what I would like to think thought provoking. I will continue to write about transfer news as I get it as it isn't often I can get a reliable source. But post transfer season my blog will be a lot more what you are after and I hope you give it a chance and read it. To be honest mate I would like to think that if you read my stuff youd say it is a lot more than regurgitated news as I try to research the players and write a bit about them. Especially on the Kamara one where I found that he was quite a talented hurdler which I dont believe anyone else wrote about correct me if im wrong.

charliejones141

Quote from: Barrett487 on August 20, 2017, 09:13:40 PM
I think it would be better if you copy & paste the full detail as your OP, then add the link in case people want to look closer. The fact that any information detail is hidden behind a link upsets the sceptics.

As for the content, i'm sure you believe that your news is original, but too much appears to be old stuff that's already on the Transfer Thread.... which is where you should post news. I also suggest that you read the Transfer Thread to avoid citing old news as 'scoops'.
To be fair mate nobody wrote about Madl being transfer listed on there and I wrote about the new Fonte bids before they were on there. Fair enough i was behind on Woodrow moving but most of the time my site is one of the first things on FOF reporting transfer news like this.

gezkc

Quote from: Milo on August 20, 2017, 06:39:15 PM
Bit annoying all this advertising nonsense. Would rather we just put a stop to it as a forum personally!
:plus one:

westcliff white

Quote from: charliejones141 on August 20, 2017, 08:57:15 PM
Not hard to be right about Woodrow, Fonte, Kamara when you report it after other people report it.
Madl is out of favour and there have been reported links about him leaving for Poland, so it's not hard to make up that he's been transfer listed. There's nothing concrete, nothing official and just because you're friends don't want to go out to play , doesn't mean you have to resort to The Sun style nonsense writing.

You've in the past made up many a silly rumour, just for a bit of attention and it's getting boring now. Unless you're a 10 year old who's practicing story writing, please stop.

Not made up a single thing mate and I would appreciate if you got off my back about it. All I have done is relay what a source close to the club has told me and I get constant criticism for it. Never made a thing up and wrote about Kamara, Woodrow, Fonte and Ojo weeks or days before the transfers. As far as I know I am the first person to post on this forum about those transfers, and even if i am not I would like to think my articles give you some insight on the players anyway. Never ever wrote anything that I know to be false
Charlie you know full well you were not the first on Kamara, I broke that weeks before anyone and also before Sky Sports did, a lot of your info is after the fact. Madl for example told the clubs weeks ago he wants to play or leave, he may now have asked for a transfer but that is old news as far as I am concerned. Woodrow was easy to tell and one of the board contributors said in July he will go out on loan, and also said doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that. Fonte has been linked since July as well, Get West London broke that back then, the national press mentioned Ojo before anyone else did, SO while your "Blog" can be interesting please don't big it up, the other week you had news on there that it seemed I was the source for as I had said the same very thing on this exact forum 2 weeks previous.

I have said before to you think about what you post and how it is worded as the readers / contributors could get fed up and annoyed with re hashed news and rightly so
Every day is a Fulham day

charliejones141

Quote from: westcliff white on August 20, 2017, 09:29:58 PM

Charlie you know full well you were not the first on Kamara, I broke that weeks before anyone and also before Sky Sports did, a lot of your info is after the fact. Madl for example told the clubs weeks ago he wants to play or leave, he may now have asked for a transfer but that is old news as far as I am concerned. Woodrow was easy to tell and one of the board contributors said in July he will go out on loan, and also said doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that. Fonte has been linked since July as well, Get West London broke that back then, the national press mentioned Ojo before anyone else did, SO while your "Blog" can be interesting please don't big it up, the other week you had news on there that it seemed I was the source for as I had said the same very thing on this exact forum 2 weeks previous.

I have said before to you think about what you post and how it is worded as the readers / contributors could get fed up and annoyed with re hashed news and rightly so

Don't see why it is an issue just because my site isn't a big name. Understand there being a problem if i was posting absolute BS that never came to fruition but I have never done that. You have never ever been my source by the way not that I don't respect the info that you give on here and the work that you do. Never claimed I was first on Fonte but I think i was on the new bids. Either way it isn't a race if The Mirror reported Messi to Fulham do you think GetWestLondon wouldn't report it just because they were not first. Honestly hand on heart never saw anything about Madl, Fonte or Ojo on FOF until I posted it. Kamara and Woodrow fair enough I was not quick but above all the most important thing is that everything I report is reliable and it winds me up that I get grief for reporting "Old news" when it is reliable news as other people and sites just post false stories. Remember us being on the brink of signing Nemanja Nikolic last year or Nani about 5 years ago and none of those people reporting that got backlash on here like I have even though I don't post anything that isn't reliable

sarnian

Quote from: charliejones141 on August 20, 2017, 09:38:38 PM

Don't see why it is an issue just because my site isn't a big name. Understand there being a problem if i was posting absolute BS that never came to fruition but I have never done that. You have never ever been my source by the way not that I don't respect the info that you give on here and the work that you do. Never claimed I was first on Fonte but I think i was on the new bids. Either way it isn't a race if The Mirror reported Messi to Fulham do you think GetWestLondon wouldn't report it just because they were not first. Honestly hand on heart never saw anything about Madl, Fonte or Ojo on FOF until I posted it. Kamara and Woodrow fair enough I was not quick but above all the most important thing is that everything I report is reliable and it winds me up that I get grief for reporting "Old news" when it is reliable news as other people and sites just post false stories. Remember  079.gif being on the brink of signing Nemanja Nikolic last year or Nani about 5 years ago and none of those people reporting that got backlash on here like I have even though I don't post anything that isn't reliablem

Perhaps Mr Oracle you can tell us now who is arriving and leaving this week or do we have to read any news elsewhere first. Would be interested to what you actually know.

aaronmcguigan

The Madl Poland news was on FOF on 13th, a week ago, on sky sports news hot rumours from the 15th

To say he's been transfer listed can never be proven as there won't be a physical list.
To say you were unaware of any Madl news on this site before your own news probably justifies everyone's scepticism in your output.
theres been great constructive feedback into channeling your obvious passion for the club with your writing hobby, and some fantastic ideas to link up with the club, and who knows, you could end up with genuine news of your own.

Southcoastffc

As someone says above, simply posting a link to another site is a bit irritating.  Also, this site allows readers to hide posts from specific contributors if they wish to ignore them.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

paulbrookersmazydribbles

The problem I have with these stories is I'm not sure if I trust them. Some of them seem to originate from other outlets and the club are very tight-lipped about transfer dealings now. Anyone who is briefing a journalist and works at Motspur Park might find themselves in difficulty.

Holders

Charlie - I'm not one of your sceptics or critics but why not just post something when it's new, that's not been previously published/speculated elsewhere?

Also, it would be much better to cut and paste the content rather than giving a link.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Marcel_Gecov

I'm still trying to get over your 'scope' regarding us giving Rolan a 1 year contract or whatever. That was true fantasy and blew your credibility for me.

westcliff white

Quote from: Holders on August 21, 2017, 09:20:47 AM
Charlie - I'm not one of your sceptics or critics but why not just post something when it's new, that's not been previously published/speculated elsewhere?

Also, it would be much better to cut and paste the content rather than giving a link.
and put on the transfer thread which is what it is for, rather than create its own thread
Every day is a Fulham day

FulhamStu

charliejones141

Quote from: sarnian on August 20, 2017, 11:40:11 PM
Quote from: charliejones141 on August 20, 2017, 09:38:38 PM

Don't see why it is an issue just because my site isn't a big name. Understand there being a problem if i was posting absolute BS that never came to fruition but I have never done that. You have never ever been my source by the way not that I don't respect the info that you give on here and the work that you do. Never claimed I was first on Fonte but I think i was on the new bids. Either way it isn't a race if The Mirror reported Messi to Fulham do you think GetWestLondon wouldn't report it just because they were not first. Honestly hand on heart never saw anything about Madl, Fonte or Ojo on FOF until I posted it. Kamara and Woodrow fair enough I was not quick but above all the most important thing is that everything I report is reliable and it winds me up that I get grief for reporting "Old news" when it is reliable news as other people and sites just post false stories. Remember  079.gif being on the brink of signing Nemanja Nikolic last year or Nani about 5 years ago and none of those people reporting that got backlash on here like I have even though I don't post anything that isn't reliablem

Perhaps Mr Oracle you can tell us now who is arriving and leaving this week or do we have to read any news elsewhere first. Would be interested to what you actually know.

Rafa Soares. Madl