more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

dust has settled

Started by nose, August 20, 2017, 02:23:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nose

i am more calm now.
it was a poor show yesterday. very pretty in the first half but totally ineffective. we made a few chances but nowhere near enough. fonte is clearly a class act but we have to use him better. his off the ball movement in the first half was exceptional, but the ball was only once or twice delivered to him quickly enough.

what i think i saw was a team that was less motivated than last season and even listening to the manager i sense a level of irritation and despair. we are so close but they are being de-motivated from above. i honestly think that is now set to continue. last season we looked raring to go, this season, i thn=ink they look like they feel they should be somewehe else.

the stats team cannot ientify a LB and CB or big center forward. why bother with it if it does not deliver what we actually need. i can hardly wait for another winger to show up! as somebody else said fletcher at 30 scored, our stats team would not have identified or allowed him near our club.

fulhamben

Quote from: nose on August 20, 2017, 02:23:39 PM
i am more calm now.
it was a poor show yesterday. very pretty in the first half but totally ineffective. we made a few chances but nowhere near enough. fonte is clearly a class act but we have to use him better. his off the ball movement in the first half was exceptional, but the ball was only once or twice delivered to him quickly enough.

what i think i saw was a team that was less motivated than last season and even listening to the manager i sense a level of irritation and despair. we are so close but they are being de-motivated from above. i honestly think that is now set to continue. last season we looked raring to go, this season, i thn=ink they look like they feel they should be somewehe else.

the stats team cannot ientify a LB and CB or big center forward. why bother with it if it does not deliver what we actually need. i can hardly wait for another winger to show up! as somebody else said fletcher at 30 scored, our stats team would not have identified or allowed him near our club.
Soares is joining and, and looks pretty tasty, so can't really fault stats team on the lb issue, unless he turns out to be pants.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Peabody

you seem to have forgotten that the start to last season was not really that good. True, we had a good August but September was another matter, fortunately I think we had 11 points to counteract losses at home to Bristol City twice 3-1 and 4-1 both at home. Also losing at home to QPR. By no means am I saying it is good this season but I think your continuous campaign against our owner is clouding your memory.

Slaphead in Qatar

I am worried about fonte. Everyone on here getting very excited about this signing, but look at his cv - it's very patchy. No way he is worth 9mil. Hope I'm wrong.

MrD1879

I don't think you can blame the stats team as our recruitment has been very good what you can do is blame the negotiation "technique" of whoever gets the deal over the line. Get the players in earlier in the window would have made a huge difference yesterday

Andy S

I think teams that finish in the play offs and lose can sometimes have a hangover at the start of the following season. As frustrating as it is it soon goes away

BedsFFC

Yes. You are 100% correct. Everything you say is completely true.

The players, the formation, the coach, the owner, the stats. Its all rotten to the core.

Please. I need to hear it more. Keep telling us how bad things are.

Whilst I'm at it, I'll get a copy of the Daily Mail as well.

Lighthouse

The manager always seems to get away with any criticism. Despite some very poor choices. It is always those above him. Anyway my biggest regret is defending the right for people to say the same thing over and over again. I apologise because now that the dust has settled. I have to check the date to find out if this was an old post.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

MJG

Once  again I ask who knows what type of forward we want? Big.. Who says?
Just the views of a long term fan

fulhamben

Quote from: MJG on August 20, 2017, 02:49:24 PM
Once  again I ask who knows what type of forward we want? Big.. Who says?
I just want one who scores occasionally
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Jem

Quote from: BedsFFC on August 20, 2017, 02:42:56 PM
Yes. You are 100% correct. Everything you say is completely true.

The players, the formation, the coach, the owner, the stats. Its all rotten to the core.

Please. I need to hear it more. Keep telling us how bad things are.

Whilst I'm at it, I'll get a copy of the Daily Mail as well.
"Whilst I'm at it, I'll get a copy of the Daily Mail as well."

Things are really not that bad. Please take a deep breath before doing anything rash.
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

davew

Quote from: Andy S on August 20, 2017, 02:41:26 PM
I think teams that finish in the play offs and lose can sometimes have a hangover at the start of the following season. As frustrating as it is it soon goes away
I am like that most days (lol)!!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Slaphead in Qatar

Whatever you do don't start reading the daily mail. It has not got that bad ................yet.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 20, 2017, 02:48:06 PM
The manager always seems to get away with any criticism. Despite some very poor choices. It is always those above him. Anyway my biggest regret is defending the right for people to say the same thing over and over again. I apologise because now that the dust has settled. I have to check the date to find out if this was an old post.

The manager isn't exempt from criticism in my book,he got it wrong yesterday, Cairney wasn't fit for the bench  never mind starting.
And not bringing the Liverpool kid on baffles me.
We must be the only club that buys players and don't play them.
So maybe none are what Slsva wanted.

Woolly Mammoth

I love the Daily Mail best newspaper on the planet. I buy and read it every day.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Classic94

The responsibility for yesterday's defeat lay with the players. The squad's stronger than last year but what we saw was a pathetic attacking performance. It was slow, sloppy and perhaps even lazy. Two goals scored in four games - one being an own goal, suggests our creative players are letting the side down. Improvement needed.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Classic94 on August 20, 2017, 03:31:34 PM
The responsibility for yesterday's defeat lay with the players. The squad's stronger than last year but what we saw was a pathetic attacking performance. It was slow, sloppy and perhaps even lazy. Two goals scored in four games - one being an own goal, suggests our creative players are letting the side down. Improvement needed.

Manager should change it then...CAIRNEY wasn't fit shouldn't have played.

RaySmith

Quote from: Classic94 on August 20, 2017, 03:31:34 PM

I don't think our players were lazy, or deliberately poor and not bothered.

YankeeJim

We have several new cogs on the wheel and several others not yet to get up to snuff. Fitness does seem to be an issue. Perhaps Joka ought to adopt a few things from Felix and work the lads in practice.
Still, I believe we will make automatic promotion this season.  092.gif
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

masterhaynes

We fell into the same trap that occurred frequently at home last season, when a team concedes half the pitch and compress the play we fall back into bad habits and slow down the play by taking too many touches and waiting for space to become available which generally it doesn't which only slows play even more making it easier for the opponents to close down our players. The players really should be aware of this by now.
I thought introducing Kebano and pushing him onto their last man was correct decision and could have paid off but for his first touch on the edge of the box from a great through ball let him down. I'm still not sure what Kamara brings to the team at the moment, he is not a speed merchant nor does he seem to be a target man to bring others into play and his touch doesn't convince me that he will be a clinical finisher, he may just need to start a few games to get upto speed and get a feel for the team but I'm not sure he will get that, looks like last seasons situation with Cisse, although he did look like he could put away a chance if it came his way. .
I thought we would have been better leaving McDonald on, taking off Cairney for Norwood to hit some longer balls and Oji for Aluko to play on on last man to give us a threat on both wings to bypass the compressed and stifled midfield.
Bannon and Reach made it very difficult to play and made some great runs including the set up of their goal. hats off to those two in Wednesdays midfield very impressed that they still had as high an energy level at the end as they did at the start. Both of them covered an enormous amount of ground during the game. I thought they were the main difference, be interesting to look at the stats for miles they clocked up compared with what Cairney & Johansson did despite us having most of the ball.