watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

dust has settled

Started by nose, August 20, 2017, 02:23:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hovewhite

I am more concerned with the lack of positives from joka ,he only seems to wring his hands publicly his body language is pioor from the dugout.the lead must come from him surely.the team looks as passive and lacking energy.
Its early season they can't be tired,can they.

Berserker

Quote from: hovewhite on August 20, 2017, 05:36:07 PM
I am more concerned with the lack of positives from joka ,he only seems to wring his hands publicly his body language is pioor from the dugout.the lead must come from him surely.the team looks as passive and lacking energy.
Maybe Slav keep moaning to tbe press has a demotivating affect on the players. It certainly gets me down. Aluko was out of sorts yesterday because of the transfer business with Reading, and Cairney was off pace as he wasn't fit enough.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Berserker on August 20, 2017, 06:47:51 PM
Maybe Slav keep moaning to tbe press has a demotivating affect on the players. It certainly gets me down. Aluko was out of sorts yesterday because of the transfer business with Reading, and Cairney was off pace as he wasn't fit enough.

Correct.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 20, 2017, 06:50:13 PM
Quote from: Berserker on August 20, 2017, 06:47:51 PM

Correct.
Affirmative.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

nose

Quote from: fulhamben on August 20, 2017, 02:28:27 PM
Quote from: nose on August 20, 2017, 02:23:39 PM
i am more calm now.
it was a poor show yesterday. very pretty in the first half but totally ineffective. we made a few chances but nowhere near enough. fonte is clearly a class act but we have to use him better. his off the ball movement in the first half was exceptional, but the ball was only once or twice delivered to him quickly enough.

what i think i saw was a team that was less motivated than last season and even listening to the manager i sense a level of irritation and despair. we are so close but they are being de-motivated from above. i honestly think that is now set to continue. last season we looked raring to go, this season, i thn=ink they look like they feel they should be somewehe else.

the stats team cannot ientify a LB and CB or big center forward. why bother with it if it does not deliver what we actually need. i can hardly wait for another winger to show up! as somebody else said fletcher at 30 scored, our stats team would not have identified or allowed him near our club.
Soares is joining and, and looks pretty tasty, so can't really fault stats team on the lb issue, unless he turns out to be pants.

20 th august, 4 games played and only now we are getting a LB. i would think theat verrges on amateruish. how long does it take to identify what 20,000 of us knew the second malone left?

nose

Quote from: Peabody on August 20, 2017, 02:36:55 PM
you seem to have forgotten that the start to last season was not really that good. True, we had a good August but September was another matter, fortunately I think we had 11 points to counteract losses at home to Bristol City twice 3-1 and 4-1 both at home. Also losing at home to QPR. By no means am I saying it is good this season but I think your continuous campaign against our owner is clouding your memory.

i have forgoten nothing. i have remebered that we finished last season with a flourish. i kep nbeing reminded that from feb to may we were miles ahead of everyone. however the season starts in august and from being loaded, primed and ready to go, we have put the gun back in the holster. only now waiting to re-laod.

nose

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on August 20, 2017, 02:37:21 PM
I am worried about fonte. Everyone on here getting very excited about this signing, but look at his cv - it's very patchy. No way he is worth 9mil. Hope I'm wrong.

he ooked good, trust me, he looked very good. if we give him the ball he will do the business. insofar as he just turned up and we play a very particular style i think he looked good and will (OK could) do brillianty.

nose

Quote from: MrD1879 on August 20, 2017, 02:37:39 PM
I don't think you can blame the stats team as our recruitment has been very good what you can do is blame the negotiation "technique" of whoever gets the deal over the line. Get the players in earlier in the window would have made a huge difference yesterday

I understand your comment but can and do blame the stats culture. we are crying out for a CB, LB and physical prescence up top. we just purchase wingers and central midfielders that are very similar to each other. we need to buy players that the squad is lacking, not more of the same. is that not apparent to them?

Matt10

We had about 6 solid chances, and if we had converted we wouldn't be worrying or having this conversation. We were in some key areas in which losing fundamental decision making would have resulted in goals.

- Sess not squaring to Fonte.
- Kebano not shooting far post when he has two on-rushing teammates.
- Kebano trying to cross with outside of his right foot on a cross, ball goes way over everyone's head.

nose

Quote from: BedsFFC on August 20, 2017, 02:42:56 PM
Yes. You are 100% correct. Everything you say is completely true.

The players, the formation, the coach, the owner, the stats. Its all rotten to the core.

Please. I need to hear it more. Keep telling us how bad things are.

Whilst I'm at it, I'll get a copy of the Daily Mail as well.

i like your style, i am happy to be amused by the humour :-)))  BUT please do not buy the daily mail!!!!!

Twig

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 20, 2017, 03:25:48 PM
I love the Daily Mail best newspaper on the planet. I buy and read it every day.

It's invaluable, when we run out of bog paper.