A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

*Poll* Aluko or another striker?

Started by dannyboi-ffc, August 20, 2017, 03:22:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sell Aluko & buy a striker or keep Aluko?

Keep
42 (33.9%)
Sell to fund another striker
82 (66.1%)

Total Members Voted: 121

Voting closed: August 21, 2017, 03:22:37 PM

dannyboi-ffc

Seems a relevant topic at the moment. It's proven to be an interesting debate on other threads but I'm curious to see where the votes go when given the choice.

So pretty simple, would you rather keep Aluko knowing his strengths and weaknesses and have Fonte/Kamara as our strikers.

Or would you sell providing it was a decent price (4-6m) to fund a third striker who had a proven scoring record?

The latter is a very specific description because that's the terms I would happily accept him being sold for.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Luka

It all depends on if he now actually would prefer to go.
If he wants out I'd say sell now before the window shuts.
Put another way, it's his call.

colinwhite

masterhaynes

Your putting a lot faith in our scouting, it would need to be an experienced and accomplished striker in the ilk of  Fonte certainly not Kamara level. I think at thiis stage of window with rising prices as sellers smell the desperation we would need to match the £6m we get for Aluko with a similar sum to buy such a forward, unless our scouts have unearthed a gem that no one else knows about and are already in process of being signed.
Some how I can't see us spending the necessary money nor have great faith in our scouting - look at the players other teams have loaned or signed for a pittance. Saiz at Leeds looks at absolute steal and Sheff Wed Loaning Venancio compared to FFC signing Djalo puts our summer signings into perspective

hovewhite

Danny he's played out wide most of the time and he was crap out wide yesterday,also with his attitude the way it is I'd get rid as plenty wide options.sign another striker waste of time as 1 is only gonna play.I have votwed sell.

aaronmcguigan

I'm sorry , but even with desperation of other clubs and as much as he's done for us, I cannot see any club, even a moneybags team coming in and paying the guys of 6million for Aluko.

Reading aren't made of money and going by posts on their forums, a 3-4m bid is realistic which I would agree with, which probably wouldn't buy the laces of a decent striker

Whitesideup

Trouble with the question Dannyboi, is that you won't get a striker with a proven scoring record for 4-6 million. Try £15.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Whitesideup on August 20, 2017, 05:39:50 PM
Trouble with the question Dannyboi, is that you won't get a striker with a proven scoring record for 4-6 million. Try £15.

So how much did Wednesday pay for Fletcher? I don't know, just curious. How much would Glen Murray cost? Someone along those lines who's been there and done it
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

westcliff white

Aluko isn't a striker he is a wide forward, to be considered a striker you need to score more than he does
Every day is a Fulham day

Milo

Surprised the majority want to sell!

I feel he will be our player of the season or close to it this year.. looked especially promising during pre season. However as I've already said I feel he would be better behind the strikers in a Cairney style position (moved back like Dembele MK I). Or have him out wide where he is now and wait for Fonte to gel and the goals to come... we need someone in form while AK/Fonte get used to English football.

Can see the argument though for selling him if he wants to go.

davew

If we could get a proven goal scorer for 4m, why have we paid 8m for somebody who is not bad at taking corners?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

bill taylors apprentice

I'd like to keep him, he can't be relied upon to score many goals but he's a very good team player.

Frustrating at times but adds something to those around him IMO.

Mullers OG

Strange decision to have Fonte taking corners and free kicks (although he took them well).  Given the inability of our other forwards to hit a barn door one would have hoped our new striker would have been in the 6 yard area to finish.  On one outing though Fonte looks the part. 

Aluko was never good enough for Fulham in my opinion.  Even if he did have brilliant moments last season they were outweighed by all the terrible finishing and head down headless chicken running.  Get rid of him and play Kebano who looks as if he's up for it.

ffccaz

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on August 20, 2017, 06:57:27 PM
I'd like to keep him, he can't be relied upon to score many goals but he's a very good team player.

Frustrating at times but adds something to those around him IMO.

0001.jpeg

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: Mullers OG on August 20, 2017, 11:29:13 PM
Strange decision to have Fonte taking corners and free kicks (although he took them well).  Given the inability of our other forwards to hit a barn door one would have hoped our new striker would have been in the 6 yard area to finish.  On one outing though Fonte looks the part. 

Aluko was never good enough for Fulham in my opinion.  Even if he did have brilliant moments last season they were outweighed by all the terrible finishing and head down headless chicken running.  Get rid of him and play Kebano who looks as if he's up for it.

"Inability of our other forwards to hit a barn door"

You mean, top scorers from last season? LOL

Marcel_Gecov

Woolly Mammoth

I cannot imagine Fulham receiving anything over 4.Million for him. The question is, is he worth more to us, taking into consideration his recent attitude and body language and match application, and how good a man manager is Jok.
Against the sum of money we may receive for him, and what do we do with that money.
If we sell him will we get an adequate replacement, or will it be a different position.
Or will we end up selling a potentially good player and trousering the proceeds, because The 'A'team on their computers, cannot negotiate a deal for another player.
Do we twist or stick or bust.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

aaronmcguigan

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on August 21, 2017, 01:54:04 PM
What point is that making?

The barn door comment. It compares shots to shots on target. We took the most shots, and we're 4th for shots on target, while there's room to improve, we're still one of the most proficient and effective teams in the division. Doesn't back up the barn door comment.

alexmur

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on August 20, 2017, 03:22:37 PM
Seems a relevant topic at the moment. It's proven to be an interesting debate on other threads but I'm curious to see where the votes go when given the choice.

So pretty simple, would you rather keep Aluko knowing his strengths and weaknesses and have Fonte/Kamara as our strikers.

Or would you sell providing it was a decent price (4-6m) to fund a third striker who had a proven scoring record?

The latter is a very specific description because that's the terms I would happily accept him being sold for.
I think aluko is great and love having him in the squad, but let's be fair he finishes are not up to scratch, I'd rather see someone else given the chances. Sell him for 5+ and buy someone else.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk