watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

apparently the concern is absurd

Started by nose, August 20, 2017, 09:17:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nose

many of the posts here are suggesting the critical nature of mine and others posts is absurd.

Is that true? are we being absurd?

four games in three points, two goals scored, and one was an OG.

The manager has already had at least two and possibly three interviews where he laments the transfer policy. I am with him.

I was told by the same people from feb to May we were the highest points scorers (or were newc better?), whatever we did brilliantly. but we started with injuries and suspensions and as suggested that has caused us grief. we lost our LB and that is a problem and we need the CB and big forward we can all see we need. maybe a new LB is about to arrive, who knows how good he might be or whether he will fit in or even that Joca likes him!
From being so good, it has taen us four games intot the season not to be demonstatably as good as last season.

we should already be much much better.

is it absud to how concern when the management act so painfully slowly?

MJG

Third time of asking.... Who says we need a 'big' striker?
Just the views of a long term fan

Fulhamerica23

We literally have the same points haul from these first four games from the same fixtures last season. I think we'd gladly take another 6 place finish. I think we'll be right in contention for the top two places, but doom and gloom does no good now. Transfer business still to be done. If after 16 fixtures we're on 12 points then let's panic, but had we started with Barnsley, Millwall, Burton and Birmingham we'd be singing praises and everyone happy. I typically don't take any stock in the table until about November anyway. We'll win some. We'll lose some. Let everyone play mostly everyone and then judge. To write off the season after four games is silly.

Woolly Mammoth

With 42 League Fixtures still to come 21 home and 21 away. The maximum points we can accrue is 129.
That is more than enough to gain automatic promotion.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Fulham76

There is hardly any room for error in the champsionship, it's probably one of the hardest leagues in Europe to succeed in.

We've been too slow to react, to buy the players/fill the positions we needed. Fonte is a good example; 2 months, 4 bids to get the man we identified. It's too long!

We're hardly dynamic in the transfer market. Acknowledge we picked up some good players last season but generally think our transfer policy is all wrong. Excluding the manager from that process doesn't help.

In summary, it hasn't been a good start to the season but we're still a good team. If we had the knowledge & were more proactive behind the scenes, it would have been a much better start, but were definitely in danger of wasting all the good work over the last 12 months.

BestOfBrede

Jeez
When we are in the top 6 nearing the end of the season and winning games in style, will you still be moaning?

nose

Quote from: BestOfBrede on August 20, 2017, 09:38:16 PM
Jeez
When we are in the top 6 nearing the end of the season and winning games in style, will you still be moaning?

no..... will be top two or top 6. because in reality, from where we finished, we should be cjhallenging this term for top 6

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Fulham76 on August 20, 2017, 09:34:42 PM
There is hardly any room for error in the champsionship, it's probably one of the hardest leagues in Europe to succeed in.

We've been too slow to react, to buy the players/fill the positions we needed. Fonte is a good example; 2 months, 4 bids to get the man we identified. It's too long!

We're hardly dynamic in the transfer market. Acknowledge we picked up some good players last season but generally think our transfer policy is all wrong. Excluding the manager from that process doesn't help.

In summary, it hasn't been a good start to the season but we're still a good team. If we had the knowledge & were more proactive behind the scenes, it would have been a much better start, but were definitely in danger of wasting all the good work over the last 12 months.

I tend to agree with your deduction.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

nose

Quote from: MJG on August 20, 2017, 09:26:14 PM

sorry, I truly didn't see your two previous requests.

Well in the past i have never seen the obsession with a big front man, and I still do not. but a physical prescence is a very importan asset particularly in this division. It seems to me at the back end of last season and certainly the start oof thi, the opposition have rumbled how to disrupt our style and we do not cause the opposition back line enough problems. to have no big man, not even on the bench is an issue. even mat smith will score goals and cause problems as he did yesterday.

IMO and many real people I talk to in the flesh, they mostly think we need a proper center forward. I really like the look of fonte, and am delighted we have him, but he is more of the same, just a higher quality. we need a big man.

nose

i am astonished that so many of you are serial 'black syaers' just because I say 'white'
toime after time i make properly considered points and time after time it is we are no worse off than last season, the transfer window is not yet closed. That is such a ridiculous point of viuew if you actual care to see what I have said is from where we started... we should have moved on, not stagnated! Goodness, do you actually want the club to progress, I certainly do and I look to fellow supporters to say we have not, the manager has yet again complained he is not properly supported by the transfer policy! I agree with him.

We should be better, not like for like with last season, what ois wrong with that.

Everything was in place to kick on, the management saidd they were ambitious however we have more of the same amateur approach. This start is just not good enopugh, the transfers are too late and too unimaginative and that is the truth.

what is absurd is anyboody argues the point!

St Eve

Quote from: nose on August 20, 2017, 09:17:33 PM
many of the posts here are suggesting the critical nature of mine and others posts is absurd.

The manager has already had at least two and possibly three interviews where he laments the transfer policy. I am with him.

I was told by the same people from feb to May we were the highest points scorers (or were newc better?), whatever we did brilliantly. but we started with injuries and suspensions and as suggested that has caused us grief. we lost our LB and that is a problem and we need the CB and big forward we can all see we need. maybe a new LB is about to arrive, who knows how good he might be or whether he will fit in or even that Joca likes him!
From being so good, it has taen us four games intot the season not to be demonstatably as good as last season.

The quick answer is yes

MJG

Quote from: nose on August 20, 2017, 09:45:42 PM

sorry, I truly didn't see your two previous requests.

Well in the past i have never seen the obsession with a big front man, and I still do not. but a physical prescence is a very importan asset particularly in this division. It seems to me at the back end of last season and certainly the start oof thi, the opposition have rumbled how to disrupt our style and we do not cause the opposition back line enough problems. to have no big man, not even on the bench is an issue. even mat smith will score goals and cause problems as he did yesterday.

IMO and many real people I talk to in the flesh, they mostly think we need a proper center forward. I really like the look of fonte, and am delighted we have him, but he is more of the same, just a higher quality. we need a big man.
but you have constantly been saying the club can't see we need one. Maybe they don't want one have you considered that?
It's yours and others opinion that we need one, so you can't really blame club for not getting one if they don't actually want to get a Smith or crouch type player.
Just the views of a long term fan

davew

Nose calm down, if you don't you will end up like me and I don't want that sort of competition on this forum!! The thing that clearly comes from your postings is your disappointment, frustration and almost anger, I share all those feelings m8!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Milo

I think once the LB is signed we have to gel our squad for the first 10 games and then push on.

We've also had some injuries. TC for instance not fully fit.

I think we need to calm down and wait til November time to push on. Let's just scramble some points any way we can from what is a difficult first few months ahead given the fixture list.

Slaphead in Qatar

Quote from: nose on August 20, 2017, 09:17:33 PM

I agree with nose and I don't think he's being unfair.

Based on how finished last season we certainly shouldn't have started this way this season. It's not like we lost a lot of players and are having to rebuild and gel again.

Injuries, lack of fitness and suspensions haven't helped but a lot of these have been self inflicted. Pre season has been an abject failure.

We need to get our act together quickly otherwise it's mid table mediocrity this season or worse.

Don't understand these posters who are saying don't worry we will be top six or even auto promoted at the end of the year. We certainly haven't shown that form so far.

Denver Fulham

Our central midfield trio, which basically drives everything we do, has been injured/unfit/not good so far.

There's your story. If they continue to play like that, we won't be as good as last season, even though the roster is inarguably better now. If they find their proper form, we'll be fine and should at least make the playoffs.

colinwhite

I Think we have improved on last season,at least in  one aspect. Playing with 10 men against reading for 90 minutes would definitely have ended up in defeat, and to play Leeds Away without Kalas and Cairney would not have looked too healthy either.
Lets get TC up and running properly and Fonte and Kamara clicking in their own ways and we will be top six.
We are all disappointed by the results but cheer up Nose, we havent become a weaker side overnight we just havent had the continuity all of us would have liked , but the signings we have made have definitely stregnthed the squad and there may still be some more to come.
One thing is for sure the signings made this summer give us amuch bigger chance of changing things around,and flexibillity in how we couldn potentially Line-up,or change tactically during games.

RaySmith

Good post Colin.
None of has a crystal ball, but there's reason to feel fairly positive about the team's prospects.

I can't believe the effect a home defeat has had, though it was by no means a terrible performance, though  we didn't have the fluency we've come to expect lately.

Quite a few on here are long term fans of the club, and will have seen us in the bottom divisions, having  descended fairly rapidly from the top division - struggling to get results in front of 3-5 thousand fans, huddled against the chill wind from the river.

Generally, as a Fulham fan since the early 60's I am no stranger to paying  out good money to see us lose. A good job there wasn't social media in those days, or were fans calmer and less angrily judgemental  in the face of, always depressing to witness, defeats?

That's football, and sport in general, for you, though- the outcome isn't  pre-ordained, and apart from your team losing, the game might not be very good. But therein lies much of the dramatic tension. Unlike an actual play or film, where you can get a good idea of what's in store - a  pleasurable evening's entertainment- you don't know how your team is going to  do beforehand, but always hope for the best.

Also, unlike a play/film, the paying punter can actually feel involved in the action, by cheering their team on to, hopefully, victory.

That's a part of the emotional involvement that keeps us addicted. Imagine how boring it would be if we knew Fulham would win every game!

Chutney

Quote from: Fulhamerica23 on August 20, 2017, 09:28:36 PM
We literally have the same points haul from these first four games from the same fixtures last season. I think we'd gladly take another 6 place finish. I think we'll be right in contention for the top two places, but doom and gloom does no good now. Transfer business still to be done. If after 16 fixtures we're on 12 points then let's panic, but had we started with Barnsley, Millwall, Burton and Birmingham we'd be singing praises and everyone happy. I typically don't take any stock in the table until about November anyway. We'll win some. We'll lose some. Let everyone play mostly everyone and then judge. To write off the season after four games is silly.

This isn't progress. We should be doing better than last season, not just hoping to re-create it.
C O Y W

Marcel_Gecov

Let's give it time, yeah? If we beat Ipswich it doesn't mean everything is fine, nor does it mean we are going to struggle. Our squad is by far stronger than last year and on another thread people are discussing who will have to leave now to get the football they need.

Positivity alert! We will end up top 6, we will beat Ipswich  and that'll put us mid-table going into international break when we will hopefully come out of the traps and get a few decent wins under our belts. Cairney will be fit after the internationals.

We need a CB (that's if Soares joins) and that would be us done to my mind. A great summer.