watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

apparently the concern is absurd

Started by nose, August 20, 2017, 09:17:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toshes mate

Oh, MJG, you'd wait until it is impossible before you panic?  Please say you do not mean that.  Surely we need to stir things up before we know that not only is promotion gone but relegation is a potential worry.  As I have said several times now, the problem I see is that we are not scoring and whilst we are creating occasional opportunity we are not dominating play as per last term   It has been there in odd patches but not as a spectacle to admire and say 'wow' as I did last term on many occasions.   Yes, we had a few flops even during our good run, but for me something wasn't right about our pre-season and I believe it is because our squad lacked depth.  It is only comparatively recently that we have seen the signings materialise and that may mean it is mid-September before we see any marked improvements.  Hence my concerns.

MJG

Quote from: toshes mate on August 21, 2017, 03:05:28 PM
Oh, MJG, you'd wait until it is impossible before you panic?  Please say you do not mean that.  Surely we need to stir things up before we know that not only is promotion gone but relegation is a potential worry.  As I have said several times now, the problem I see is that we are not scoring and whilst we are creating occasional opportunity we are not dominating play as per last term   It has been there in odd patches but not as a spectacle to admire and say 'wow' as I did last term on many occasions.   Yes, we had a few flops even during our good run, but for me something wasn't right about our pre-season and I believe it is because our squad lacked depth.  It is only comparatively recently that we have seen the signings materialise and that may mean it is mid-September before we see any marked improvements.  Hence my concerns.
Whats the point of panicking?
I remember us losing to Birmingham last year and lots of people said thats it season over we are done lets all pack up and go home.  But we still had a chance and we took it. 4 games in way too early top even contemplate throwing it all in.

Just the views of a long term fan

masterhaynes

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 21, 2017, 12:11:51 PM
After only 4️⃣ matches we are already 9️⃣ points behind the top 2️⃣, I say that's cause for concern, and ironically 1️⃣ point above the relegation zone.
Nothing to lose too much sleep over yet.
Nevertheless, even if the top 2️⃣ lose their next 3️⃣ matches, and we win our next 3️⃣, we will only be level but still behind because other teams will gain points.
Winning early is as important as winning late or in mid season. 
So far we haven't won, and haven't scored more than 1️⃣ goal in a game.
Let's remember there are plenty of other teams looking to be promoted and will not wait for Fulham to get their act together.
How come Cardiff City who have brought in new players, and they did it early. Can win their first 4️⃣ matches, it appears their new players can gel and settle quickly, so what's the secret, that dispels the boring rubbish about players needing to settle in etc, they are not aged 2️⃣ and a half  years old. They are allegedly supposed to be professional, what has Neil Warnock got that Jok hasn't.
Excuses and saying be patient and let's hope for the best, and in so and so we trust will not win matches.
I will inform you of what wins matches.
Goals win matches, rolling your sleeves up, sweating blood, fire in your belly, and running through a brick wall and coming out fighting on the other side wins matches, and commitment and work rate and attitude and application as well as fitness, and the will to win, with a heart the size of a football, not forgetting good technique and a good first touch, and being mentally strong in adversity with the confidence in your own ability, as well as a little bit of skill. 
That's what contributes to winning matches.
Hit all the Nails on the head  Woolly. I would just add that at the start of MaGath reign the first 3-4 games we were unlucky and could so easily have won rather than lost those games if we had taken our chances. Bet our players confidence and self belief in the system is a bit undermined at the moment, we need a convincing win at Ipswich to get back on track, I believe this next league game is vital to win  just from a confidence and pulling the team together angle. If we lose then it will put us into the position of having to win/ not lose games so as not to start looking over our shoulder, never a good position to be in when walking out at the start of the match

Skatzoffc

Quote from: toshes mate on August 21, 2017, 10:42:18 AM
a) Mmm, to have a 'blip' is only possible to call after the 'blip' has ended.  The season before last our 'blip' lasted forty six games.
b) The match against Reading I have acknowledged was a good performance all things considered because we were chasing the game for so long before getting the equaliser with ten men.  Against Norwich we didn't win because we apparently cannot score more than one goal, a disease that first appeared in the match against Brentford last term and has persisted - a 'blip' that is now seven games long.
c) What has changed this season in terms of team work is a lousy pre-season, and not much conviction, confidence, and freedom from the players on the pitch over ninety minutes in the competitive games so far.  Should that not be a concern after the truly lack lustre stuff on display against Wednesday?

:plus one: Tosh

I must say I can agree with Nose re the lack of speed and application by the club to get the signings we needed early.

As I've said on another thread we have been unlucky with injuries to key players. That, as well as new players needing to gel may slow the start of our season somewhat.

But this division does have some slack in it re the top two promotion slots. It is certainly not, imo, as unforgiving as the Premiership where 4 losses means u can't win it.
So although disappointed, I believe if we gel soon we will be able to recoup the dropped points. It does need to be soon tho.
COYW!
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

alfie

Quote from: nose on August 20, 2017, 09:17:33 PM
many of the posts here are suggesting the critical nature of mine and others posts is absurd.

Is that true? are we being absurd?

four games in three points, two goals scored, and one was an OG.

The manager has already had at least two and possibly three interviews where he laments the transfer policy. I am with him.

I was told by the same people from feb to May we were the highest points scorers (or were newc better?), whatever we did brilliantly. but we started with injuries and suspensions and as suggested that has caused us grief. we lost our LB and that is a problem and we need the CB and big forward we can all see we need. maybe a new LB is about to arrive, who knows how good he might be or whether he will fit in or even that Joca likes him!
From being so good, it has taen us four games intot the season not to be demonstatably as good as last season.

we should already be much much better.

is it absud to how concern when the management act so painfully slowly?
Re transfer policy, he knew very well what the transfer policy was yet he still chose to sign the contract, so in my humble opinion he can't keep harping on about it now. If he did not like this system why choose to work with it.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Holders

I don't see the point in getting depressed. I look at the team and I like the new acquisitions, I was sorry to see Malone go but SJ is reportedly ok with that. As for the rest, I reckon once this team gels it'll be quite something to watch. Let's just hope it starts with the next game!
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Twig

Quote from: Newry FFC on August 21, 2017, 01:45:19 PM
Couple of people have alluded to it but the preseason has really messed us about.
Injuries will happen through poor preparation, recovery or over exertion. The fact we went on 2 tours to play meaningless games with such small squads having too much playing time in preseason are simple own goals. The behind close doors friendlies don't have the same intensity as regular games against Lower league (which is what 90% of clubs do) and again is poor preparation.
The internationals messed about with us but that will happen most years. Cairney didn't have enough time off, Sess played 70/80 minutes against West Ham(?) a few days after winning the euro championship... and separating the squad into different tours for the u23s/u18s when we can barely fill a starting lineup for the seniors doesn't make sense

All the above means playing catch up, especially if you don't have your new signings on board in time for the tours. We are playing catch up and whoever designed this pre season schedule needs to be held to account . We could have spent pre season working on new tactics too and different ways of working but from the moment we stepped out in pre season with Betts frozen out, and Button offered out too, you knew it wasn't going to go well.

A simple pre season for a lower level team should only have one trip abroad, and at that I'd recommend later in pre season when players have developed fitness and allowed enough time for a few targeted signings to get on board. Start off against lower level London opposition; play Wimbledon or Kingstonian or whatever, in our new kit which is released early, it's a glamour tie for them so they'll provide decent opposition whilst us still having an easy life, the youths getting a shot, that means everyone, not ignoring the likes of Williams/ Humphrys etc even Sean Kavanagh if it means we only give 50/60 minutes max to the players we will count on come August

Come the middle of July, we get in one or two of the main targets, a Fonte type who we bid a sensible amount for without wasting time on 3 bids. He comes on board, we go to Austria for fitness camp and challenging games in decent stadiums in front of a decent crowd. as we are a forward thinking fan friendly club, we announce these fixtures 3/4 months in advance and offer fans the chance to come to Austria to follow the team.
Back to England and one or two transfers are being delayed but we get them on board for the annual glamour friendly, we put out a strong side to test ourselves but use the whole squad. Again, this tie is heavily promoted and advertised to get a real buzz with our new sponsors laying on entertainment to get us on board with the new brand.
Throughout pre season there are manager updates, insights into coaching and behind the scenes footage for those subscribed to fulhamfctv which has presenters, and guest players being interviewed one a week, maybe even involving the fans to help run it.

Just a thought on a simple , no nonsense pre season with everyone happy. Don't want to have a go at the club but there's so many things we can learn for next season, that or im actively looking employment as an events organiser or operations manager , thanks 😂😂

It's a long post but I agree.  It was an ill conceived pre-season. amateurish.

SG

Presumably arranged on SJs instruction or is he claiming no responsibility for that either. I think we need to look at the coaching team for the poor start as much as anyone else

Skatzoffc

Quote from: Twig on August 21, 2017, 09:11:51 PM
Couple of people have alluded to it but the preseason has really messed us about.
Injuries will happen through poor preparation, recovery or over exertion. The fact we went on 2 tours to play meaningless games with such small squads having too much playing time in preseason are simple own goals. The behind close doors friendlies don't have the same intensity as regular games against Lower league (which is what 90% of clubs do) and again is poor preparation.
The internationals messed about with us but that will happen most years. Cairney didn't have enough time off, Sess played 70/80 minutes against West Ham(?) a few days after winning the euro championship... and separating the squad into different tours for the u23s/u18s when we can barely fill a starting lineup for the seniors doesn't make sense

All the above means playing catch up, especially if you don't have your new signings on board in time for the tours. We are playing catch up and whoever designed this pre season schedule needs to be held to account . We could have spent pre season working on new tactics too and different ways of working but from the moment we stepped out in pre season with Betts frozen out, and Button offered out too, you knew it wasn't going to go well.

A simple pre season for a lower level team should only have one trip abroad, and at that I'd recommend later in pre season when players have developed fitness and allowed enough time for a few targeted signings to get on board. Start off against lower level London opposition; play Wimbledon or Kingstonian or whatever, in our new kit which is released early, it's a glamour tie for them so they'll provide decent opposition whilst us still having an easy life, the youths getting a shot, that means everyone, not ignoring the likes of Williams/ Humphrys etc even Sean Kavanagh if it means we only give 50/60 minutes max to the players we will count on come August

Come the middle of July, we get in one or two of the main targets, a Fonte type who we bid a sensible amount for without wasting time on 3 bids. He comes on board, we go to Austria for fitness camp and challenging games in decent stadiums in front of a decent crowd. as we are a forward thinking fan friendly club, we announce these fixtures 3/4 months in advance and offer fans the chance to come to Austria to follow the team.
Back to England and one or two transfers are being delayed but we get them on board for the annual glamour friendly, we put out a strong side to test ourselves but use the whole squad. Again, this tie is heavily promoted and advertised to get a real buzz with our new sponsors laying on entertainment to get us on board with the new brand.
Throughout pre season there are manager updates, insights into coaching and behind the scenes footage for those subscribed to fulhamfctv which has presenters, and guest players being interviewed one a week, maybe even involving the fans to help run it.

Just a thought on a simple , no nonsense pre season with everyone happy. Don't want to have a go at the club but there's so many things we can learn for next season, that or im actively looking employment as an events organiser or operations manager , thanks 😂😂

Blimey Twig.

I suggest the club sign you up.
😊
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Holders

Quote from: Skatzoffc on August 21, 2017, 10:35:15 PM

Blimey Twig.

😊

Sounds good, Twig. Are you the new Sarah - or Harry Potter?
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Skatzoffc on August 21, 2017, 10:35:15 PM

Blimey Twig.

😊

Twice 2️⃣
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

aaronmcguigan

Blimey. Is Twig getting the praise for my suggestions?
Twig for President! 😂