watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Waste or money or not

Started by The Swan, August 20, 2017, 09:46:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

Like many other Fulham Season Ticket Holders I sat in the Johnny Haynes stand on Saturday and watched our team play the worst game for a long time.
We had only one shot on target in the whole game.
We did not seem to have any leadership on the pitch.
Our flowing football from last season has disappeared.
Why do we always seem to want to pass the ball backwards.
We don't seem to be able to get our wide man down the wings and cross the ball into the box to one of our players.
Have we all wasted our money on this years season tickets.
May I add that I have supported Fulham since 1961.
The Swan

MJG

Just the views of a long term fan

Deeping_white

Yes you have, I recommend you contact trading standards as you were misled that we would play Barcelona style tiki taka football and win every game 5-0 whilst Kevin McDonald does his best Roy Keane impersonation and marshals the troops from his central midfield position. 

davew

You haven't wasted your money, well not yet anyway!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

fcfulham55

Sadly we're not going to be at the right end of the table this year. We'll not get so much injury free luck we did Last year with our thin squad.

Not a waste of Money.  We still should play the odd half decent game.
Sent from my Nokia 3310

Lighthouse

You could always donate the season ticket to a poor fan who can only dream of going to the Cottage again. Please. But seriously, like a drunk leaving a pub. The times I left the Cottage vowing never again to pay for the upset and the let down and long train ride or car ride home. Vowing to open the train door and end it all because of the misery.

But even I remember in the dark days giving it more than two home games.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

RaySmith

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 20, 2017, 11:28:10 PM
You could always donate the season ticket to a poor fan who can only dream of going to the Cottage again. Please. But seriously, like a drunk leaving a pub. The times I left the Cottage vowing never again to pay for the upset and the let down and long train ride or car ride home. Vowing to open the train door and end it all because of the misery.

But even I remember in the dark days giving it more than two home games.
0001.jpeg

love4ffc

Personally don't think you have wasted your money.  Yes there was no leadership on the pitch last Saturday, yes we seem to have lost our way compared to the end of last season and yes we are not putting balls in the back of the net.

It is the way of the modern game.  Keep possession, even if that means passing the ball backwards.  Sadly possession does not equal goals and winning the match.  This squad needs to get back into last seasons winning way.  That means Joka and someone in the first team needs to step up and get the squad fired up. 

It also means that Joka needs to also know when to change the style of play and have a plan B or plan C.  There are going to be times when we will need to dig in and trudge on through some tough fixtures and teams.  Teams that are going to push the boundaries of what they can get away with in the eyes of the refs and we will need to adjust our style of play to grind out points in the long season ahead. 

It's early days and hopefully this will be the end of bad results and the beginning of Fulham moving forward and up.   049:gif
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

toshes mate

I suppose the idea your ticket  may be subsiding a statistical whizz-kid and the sadly inexperienced owner's son's lifestyle are reasons to doubt the venture worthwhile, but I have never begrudged Fulham FC anything I have ever paid them directly or indirectly.   At times I have been much more concerned with the health of the Club than I am now, and the one saving grace at the moment, is the man who knows what he is doing, SJ. 

My beef is that these formative periods whilst changes bed into shape are gut wrenching and points dropping times when you simply do not know if things are going to work out, and that is why a well organised club signs its signings as early as it can having got them in place to do the business even earlier still. When you are having your gut wrenched all things become rather more irritable - like referees' decisions, like missed chances, like players under performing, like goals drying up.  We don't notice those things quite so  much when our guts are not being wrenched.

Since Kline and Khan Jnr are obviously not working hard enough to deserve our money I feel that they could usefully build or have a statistical analysis engine for all referees covering their weaknesses, their favoured teams (they all have them), their efficiency and so on, so that at least the players can know what to expect.  Further more they might like to develop their database so that it can simulate their team actually in play under the coaches formation, style and instructions and observe just how hard SJ works as compared to their sorry asses.   They may then want to rake a big enough pay cut that Sone Aluko can see his twilight years through with a bit more money in his pockets.

grandad

I had my ST during our darkest days & it was not a waste of money then & is certainly not now.The hardest decision for me was to give up my ST when I retired to Spain in 2008 having been a supporter since 1954 & a ST holder for most of that time.
Either Fulham is in your blood or not. If it is then the question is irrelevant.
Where there's a will there's a wife

paulbrookersmazydribbles

Quote from: The Swan on August 20, 2017, 09:46:09 PM
Like many other Fulham Season Ticket Holders I sat in the Johnny Haynes stand on Saturday and watched our team play the worst game for a long time.
We had only one shot on target in the whole game.
We did not seem to have any leadership on the pitch.
Our flowing football from last season has disappeared.
Why do we always seem to want to pass the ball backwards.
We don't seem to be able to get our wide man down the wings and cross the ball into the box to one of our players.
May I add that I have supported Fulham since 1961.

We had at least two shots on target. Far better than Paul Bracewell's sides ever managed.

Carborundum

I suggest a trip to IKEA on a Saturday when there's no match on.  The wisdom of your investment will soon become clear.

Southcoastffc

If you've been around since 1961 I find it hard to imagine that this season so far, or Saturday in particular, is really the worst you've seen.  Chin up!   We'll improve.  And as I posted elsewhere I'd still rather be a Fulham fan than watch Sheff Weds, no matter where in the table they finish.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

SP

Arthur

Quote from: The Swan on August 20, 2017, 09:46:09 PM

While I agree that the last time we played as poorly was at Birmingham back in February, the postscript to that defeat was that we went on to win 11 and only lose 2 of the 17 league games to the end of the season. I know that this doesn't offer any guarantee that we shall repeat that run from hereon, but it does suggest that your reaction to Saturday's performance is too extreme at this point in time.

I recalled, moreover, that you felt inclined to start a similarly downbeat thread following our 4-2 defeat at Derby last April. On that occasion, you 'threw in the towel', proclaiming that our chance of making the play-offs was at and end.

http://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?topic=59045.msg853608#msg853608

I can only speak for myself, but if I had misjudged the capacity of Jokanovic and the team to respond to a poor result as recently as you have done, I wouldn't be rushing to make another 'end of the world is nigh' prediction so soon.

hovewhite

Its the one purchase every year i dont mind paying,good or bad results still worth every penny.
COYW

Berserker

I just like the day out with Fulham FC. I feel depressed when we are rubbish but after a day or so I look forward to the next match. Sometimes I think to myself it's been a good day out apart from the 90 minutes football bit in the middle!!

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.