watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Cairney body language

Started by MaidstoneMark69, August 21, 2017, 12:34:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaidstoneMark69

Did anyone else notice Cairneys body language yesterday? Especially in the second half? It seems he's had a knee injury and based on his performance, it looks to me like it's still there, it didn't look like he could do the things he normally does. Kept getting caught with the ball and didn't seem to have his usual accuracy of pass. As i was watching, i felt more and more that here's a player who's not being honest with himself because he can't bear the consequences of admitting that his knee is still not right (i.e. operation and long rehab). To be honest neither can i!! 1500.gif

Chutney

I think he needs a run of games, had Kamara squared to ball to him saturday and again against Norwich he'd be on two goals already.
C O Y W

hovewhite

Its plain to everyone hes not match fit and he needs to play tomorrow.

westcliff white

I personally wouldnt play TC otmorrow and rest him till after the International break. NIggling knee injuries can linger even after surgery, he needs ot ensure he is 100% fit before getting match fir or he wont be able to perform to the level he or the team wants / needs.

Same for Stef if he is carrying a knock, for me to play any plyer that isnt 100% fit (forget match fit) is a risk not worht taking. Ease them back of the bench
Every day is a Fulham day

Marcel_Gecov

He definitely needs 45 minutes tomorrow (if he isn't match fit) if he's still injured I wouldn't play him until after internationals. We also need to play Ojo, Madl (if fit and staying) Fonte/ Kamara, Cisse and Norwood + youngsters.

westcliff white

TC 45 minutes against a physical team with a slightly poor knee and needing fitness, as I say not for me, I owuld rest him till after the break personally.

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: westcliff white on August 21, 2017, 09:53:13 AM
TC 45 minutes against a physical team with a slightly poor knee and needing fitness, as I say not for me, I owuld rest him till after the break personally.

You have a point :)

Who ever is penciled in for him on Saturday then needs to start tomorrow as well to ensure they have the minutes.

FulhamStu

His interview on the offal is worth looking at.  Cairney said he has not had a pre season and is not match fit.  Said he KMac and StefJo did not play together in pre season.  Said he can have a weeks training working towards fuller fitness.  Does not sound like he is now injured just not match fit.  These things make a big difference.

westcliff white

Quote from: FulhamStu on August 21, 2017, 10:13:29 AM
His interview on the offal is worth looking at.  Cairney said he has not had a pre season and is not match fit.  Said he KMac and StefJo did not play together in pre season.  Said he can have a weeks training working towards fuller fitness.  Does not sound like he is now injured just not match fit.  These things make a big difference.
they can yes, I didnt relaise they had not played together even for a little in pre season. However, I still wouldnt risk him against Bristol Rovers and if we dont tneed to use him aganst ipswich let him get his full fitness up and play 45 in a reserve game.

FulhamStu

Quote from: westcliff white on August 21, 2017, 10:15:15 AM
they can yes, I didnt relaise they had not played together even for a little in pre season. However, I still wouldnt risk him against Bristol Rovers and if we dont tneed to use him aganst ipswich let him get his full fitness up and play 45 in a reserve game.

Agreed.

aaronmcguigan

Pointless talking about resting or playing TC. He'll be off with Scotland so regardless he'll still be knackered when he returns.

FulhamStu

Quote from: Newry FFC on August 21, 2017, 06:13:07 PM
Pointless talking about resting or playing TC. He'll be off with Scotland so regardless he'll still be knackered when he returns.

He may be on the bench but unlikely to play, certainly not 90 mins

Andy S

Give him half a game as sub. That will help his recovery

Jonaldiniho 88

We haven't won a game and he hasn't found his top level. I'm glad he isn't skipping about gleefully. I really hope he is not injured and can find full fitness soon. In fairness maybe skipping could help that.

love4ffc

Agree with Westcliff White, don't play Cairney tomorrow.  Let him rest and hopefully after the international break he can start a new.  That is if his international duties don't set him back. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Count Flapula

Quote from: westcliff white on August 21, 2017, 10:15:15 AM

If - as he explicitly states - he is fit but not match fit then match minutes are exactly what he needs. In this context, the more he plays, the quicker he will be up to speed - which is undeniably vital for us as a team. Same for Kmac.

Normally i'm all for bringing in some youngsters in the cup (Edun / Sess #2 / O'Riley et al) but if match fitness is what's needed for Cairney / Kmac then i'd rather they sharpened their pencils so to speak in games like this which will be competitive but not dropping more points if we lose.

rweller86

Looking at SJ's comments, Cairney will not be playing tonight as he has not been with the squad but pushing to have him play at Ipswich. He'll then have the international break to aid more recovery.
@rweller

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: rweller86 on August 22, 2017, 01:29:13 PM
Looking at SJ's comments, Cairney will not be playing tonight as he has not been with the squad but pushing to have him play at Ipswich. He'll then have the international break to aid more recovery.

To me it also kills this Cairney to Newcastle talk. He says he built the team around Cairney. We wont sell him that close to the summer transfer window ending and risk having to rejig the team.

rweller86

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on August 22, 2017, 01:49:24 PM

To me, it also kills this Cairney to Newcastle talk. He says he built the team around Cairney. We won't sell him that close to the summer transfer window ending and risk having to rejig the team.
Agree. Unless we are offered silly money, as with Sess too, it's not happening.
@rweller

westcliff white

DOn't scotland have games then? not sure he will get much recovery time if they do