more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Live streaming of League Cup

Started by JoelH5, August 21, 2017, 11:13:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoelH5

Morning,

I understand why the EFL can't be streamed in the UK but is there a case to stream the League Cup live?

There aren't shows like The Football League who own the highlight rights etc so maybe there is a chance of this happening.

Has this ever been looked at?
I was there, standing in the Putney end

paulbrookersmazydribbles

Clubs can't stream the League Cup live because it is part of an international rights' broadcast agreement negotiated by the EFL.

The EFL aren't all that interested in supporters, sadly. They have announced this morning that the draw for the third round will take place on Thursday in China at 4.15am UK time:

https://www.efl.com/news/2017/august/carabao-cup-round-three-draw-information/

paulbrookersmazydribbles

Forgive me, I meant to add that the domestic highlights rights are owned by Sky Sports and Channel 5.

JoelH5

Quote from: paulbrookersmazydribbles on August 21, 2017, 11:22:39 AM
Forgive me, I meant to add that the domestic highlights rights are owned by Sky Sports and Channel 5.

Ah ok so the League Cup falls under that too then? That's annoying.. GJ it is then.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

westcliff white

Quote from: JoelH5 on August 21, 2017, 12:30:21 PM
Quote from: paulbrookersmazydribbles on August 21, 2017, 11:22:39 AM

Ah ok so the League Cup falls under that too then? That's annoying.. GJ it is then.
All games fall under that criteria
Every day is a Fulham day

aaronmcguigan

After the shambles of round 1 and 2 draw, they've decided to move it to a point where no one who's interested in the draw will actually watch it live so they can edit it afterwards. That time is a shambles. 7hrs difference, they could have easily done it 5pm their time, which is 10am here.
And why is it taking place over there?
Next you'll have Reading playing matches over there! Or Chelsea playing Man United in a game of stick the Yokohama tyre on the Chevrolet car...

At least the final is in a solemn neutral ground, at "Wembley, brought to you by EE."

SP

Not sure what they can do to save the League Cup, I'm going tomorrow out of duty but can't say I'm looking forward to it.  Although Rovers will bring a few, I think we'll be lucky to break 7,000.