News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Stevenage FC 'force' female fans to show their bras!!

Started by daib0, August 21, 2017, 05:56:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daib0

Stevenage

Female football fans 'forced to show their bras'  to get into match at Stevenage FC

Acomplaint that female fans were forced to show their bras to stewards before Stevenage's match against Grimsby Town was under investigation on Monday. Both Stevenage and the EFL were examining allegations away supporters were ordered to lift their tops while queuing to get into Saturday's League Two fixtures between the clubs. An open letter sent to Stevenage by Grimsby Town fans group the Mariners Trust also accused stewards of asking to feel the underwiring of any bras during the "gross invasion of privacy".

Complete article: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/08/21/female-fans-forced-show-bras-get-match-stevenage

Apart from the lads jokes, surely this is out of place in today's world, or where they thinking of terrorist attacks??

Thoughts?

A friendly Reading FC fan! Job: CELLO MAN - see extensive web www.johnstone-music.com

aaronmcguigan

Southcoastffc

As someone said on TIFF, checking that they were true supporters!
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

JoelH5

Call me a misery but it's not something to joke about. Imagine you were an away supporter and with your wife?? It wouldn't have been funny
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Woolly Mammoth

Surely they cannot be allowed to do that, and for what purpose.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

CincyFulham1

something doesn't sound right about all this.  Is there any women you know who would not have screamed bloody murder at just the suggestion of it.

Twig

I can't believe that the first two responses were making light of this.  It may or may not be true but if it is then it's absolutely scandalous.  If my wife or daughter were asked to show her bra and have the underwiring checked I'd likely deck the bloody steward.

JoelH5

Quote from: Twig on August 21, 2017, 09:00:01 PM
I can't believe that the first two responses were making light of this.  It may or may not be true but if it is then it's absolutely scandalous.  If my wife or daughter were asked to show her bra and have the underwiring checked I'd likely deck the bloody steward.

065.gif
I was there, standing in the Putney end

daib0

Quote from: CincyFulham1 on August 21, 2017, 08:45:02 PM
something doesn't sound right about all this.  Is there any women you know who would not have screamed bloody murder at just the suggestion of it.

I think it must be true though, it's now in:

The Independent - http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/football-league/efl-investigating-stevenage-grimsby-stewards-female-fans-feel-their-bras-a7904306.html

The Guardian has even worse quotes - https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/aug/21/grimsby-town-fans-show-bras-to-stevenage-stewards
"A 70-year-old woman was among those left "mortified" by the searches outside Stevenage FC's Lamex Stadium, the Guardian understands."
"the "gross invasion of privacy" went further when some female stewards asked to feel supporters' bras if they confirmed that they were underwired. "This act would effectively constitute a sexual assault and these types of searches are unlawful," the group said in its letter."
"The Mariners Trust letter also claims Stevenage FC stewards carried out full-body searches on children as young as five, leaving at least one minor "visibly upset""

A friendly Reading FC fan! Job: CELLO MAN - see extensive web www.johnstone-music.com

Scrumpy

The rules now state that it must be a female steward doing the 'search'. So perhaps marginally better than some are envisaging. But still.... fp.gif it's a bloody disgrace. Is there any new evidence that we've all missed that makes searching someone's bra acceptable?
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

Keynsham

YankeeJim

Anyone know if Stevenage FC  is hiring? I have experience, having served guard duty in the army.

075.gif
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Mince n Tatties

What I don't get is they all let it happen,then watched the game and then said did that really happen...Sounds fishy to me,also its a known fact that Grimsby Girls don't wear Bra's.

Andy S

I'm sure the truth lies somewhere in the middle. Since when have newspapers told it as I happens if there is a good story at stake. However if that had happened to my wife or girlfriend I would be writing a strongly worded letter to the club demanding a reason and threatening legal action. Even the police require reasonable suspicion before being allowed stop and search powers

Logicalman

Quote from: Andy S on August 21, 2017, 11:12:41 PM
I'm sure the truth lies somewhere in the middle. Since when have newspapers told it as I happens if there is a good story at stake. However if that had happened to my wife or girlfriend I would be writing a strongly worded letter to the club demanding a reason and threatening legal action. Even the police require reasonable suspicion before being allowed stop and search powers

Unfortunately this does not involve Police Stop & Search as it is a search as a condition to enter a sporting event, totally outside of the Police actions or responsibilities.

The club provide the powers, and the guidance, to the stewards, who carry out that bidding. If the steward goes outside of those guidelines then they leave themselves open to a complaint of assault, no matter what their intent and where it occurred.

On the face of it, this appears way over the top, but as someone else mentioned, what the press report and the truth are all too often very different in actual facts.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

toshes mate

Quote from: Andy S on August 21, 2017, 11:12:41 PM
As I understand it strongly worded complaints were received by the Grimsby supporter group who helped to organise the trip to Stevenage after the game and those are now being followed up.  The investigation is likely to involve the FA and the police, since touching is also alleged to have happened.  This kind of thing doesn't happen in much more security conscious environments than a football ground and so how on earth could it happen at a League Two football match?

bog

Have to say that in 64 years of following football this has to be one of the most insulting ever. Just what was the thinking behind it?

092.gif 

Mince n Tatties

What I don't get is the way they let it happen,why not when they were all going in together turn round and state ! Get Your Effin Hands Off Us! and what were their menfolk doing?

toshes mate

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 22, 2017, 09:00:44 AM
What I don't get is the way they let it happen,why not when they were all going in together turn round and state ! Get Your Effin Hands Off Us! and what were their menfolk doing?
A police officer was apparently standing close by the point where the women were individually asked to 'lift their tops' by female security steward{s) and, to quote the reported comments 'couldn't have failed to see what was going on'.  I don't think you ever know how you are going to react until it actually happens to you, and so I'd say they probably thought they had to ........  (I won't trivialise this further because it is simply outrageous).

bill taylors apprentice

I agree its all a bit bizarre!

Grimsby fans are known for their wacky away days including inflatables and mariachi bands so maybe Stevenage over reacted to news of another fun day out!

Previously a Grimsby fan was prosecuted for assaulting a steward at Barnet with an inflatable shark!
Apparently he said in court he was terrified!

So In my mind the Stevenage stewards actions are at least of equal terror!