watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

AK47, how to get the gun firing.

Started by FulhamStu, August 23, 2017, 10:26:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FulhamStu

1st of all, I do not think he will be a starting player, esp in the short term. Already Fonte looks the type of player to gel quickly to our style as he is technically good and plays in an area where we are weak.  Kamara on the other hand is shall we say agricultural in comparison.  He does however have great pace and strength.  A ball over the top for him to run onto for instance, or get him in the mix to bully defenders in the penalty area.

Kamara will struggle with our precise passing style but in a frantic finish where we go much more direct could be a good weapon.

He is very young, very raw and needs a lot of work but there is something there and we should not immediately make him public enemy no1 as he seems to have a desire which will help him improve.  Learning the language, getting used to London and his new team mates could take a little time.  What is the point in getting on his back, Ojo was more dissapointing for me last night, he would cost £10M to buy, is English, has played in England but did far less than Kamara last night !  And no I am not saying get on Ojo's back either.  Remember StefJo was crap in his first game !

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: FulhamStu on August 23, 2017, 10:26:36 AM
1st of all, I do not think he will be a starting player, esp in the short term. Already Fonte looks the type of player to gel quickly to our style as he is technically good and plays in an area where we are weak.  Kamara on the other hand is shall we say agricultural in comparison.  He does however have great pace and strength.  A ball over the top for him to run onto for instance, or get him in the mix to bully defenders in the penalty area.

Kamara will struggle with our precise passing style but in a frantic finish where we go much more direct could be a good weapon.

He is very young, very raw and needs a lot of work but there is something there and we should not immediately make him public enemy no1 as he seems to have a desire which will help him improve.  Learning the language, getting used to London and his new team mates could take a little time.  What is the point in getting on his back, Ojo was more dissapointing for me last night, he would cost £10M to buy, is English, has played in England but did far less than Kamara last night !  And no I am not saying get on Ojo's back either.  Remember StefJo was crap in his first game !

I agree with your observations
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Holders

Despite the poor run, we mustn't get on any player's back - so long as they're trying.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

b+w geezer

I also find the original post well put. Above all, it is accurate.

westcliff white

Re kamara, I agree I also know he is more suited to running onto the ball than fed to him with his back to goal. Obviously he can do that, although not so much last night, but his main strength is running on in behind.

I am positive he will do ok for us, and agree no point jumping on him after 2 games with the youngsters and reserve players in the carabao cup and around 35 minutes of substitute action
Every day is a Fulham day

JoelH5

Quote from: westcliff white on August 23, 2017, 11:11:21 AM
Re kamara, I agree I also know he is more suited to running onto the ball than fed to him with his back to goal. Obviously he can do that, although not so much last night, but his main strength is running on in behind.

I am positive he will do ok for us, and agree no point jumping on him after 2 games with the youngsters and reserve players in the carabao cup and around 35 minutes of substitute action

I agree he will come good. It shows what an important signing Fonte may be though. I thought he played amazingly well (considering he had a day with the squad). I love the fact that he took the ball for corners too. Looks like he is more than capable of takign charge (which is evident of his captaincy at Braga).  When he get's a bit more vocal, he could be a great man to lead the line.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Marcel_Gecov

Exactly, look at Kebano last year. It takes some time to settle.

BedsFFC

This is a very pleasant thread.

and I like it

westcliff white

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on August 23, 2017, 11:18:40 AM

He will yes, playing the ball quickly in behind is not what we tend to do, so he has to adjust a little as do the team to him.

It will come

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: westcliff white on August 23, 2017, 11:26:06 AM
Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on August 23, 2017, 11:18:40 AM

He will yes,  it playing the ball quickly in behind is not what we tend to do, so he has to adjust a little as do the team to him.

It will come

I'm really excited about this year. I think we will actually click after the international break and do well.

Deuce

I agree. Still think a loan would do him really good, perhaps in L1 or something. But thats never gonna happen this year at least unless his form seriously declines.

If he can work on his first touch then he would improve massively.

westcliff white

Kamara won't go out on loan to league one in any situation you can think of, if we were to,loan him (and we won't be this season) it would be back to France

Codgerinho

I do hope it is accurate. I fear that it is overoptimistic

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: Codgerinho on August 23, 2017, 11:58:37 AM

Speed is always a problem for defenders and Kamara has that in abundance. Particularly as most defenders are lumbering things. He needs a goal, any goal, and then he'll be set.

JoelH5

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on August 23, 2017, 12:03:13 PM
Quote from: Codgerinho on August 23, 2017, 11:58:37 AM

Speed is always a problem for defenders and Kamara has that in abundance. Particularly as most defenders are lumbering things. He needs a goal, any goal, and then he'll be set.

Yep, I agree. He will feel a lot more confident when he scores. Same for Fonte. Hopefully they can both get one come Saturday.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

aaronmcguigan

The international break needs to be treated like a mini pre season to kick start ourselves, fully integrate the newbies, create a bit of morale and ensure everyone is at peak fitness going into the a September games

Horsfield_No9

Quote from: Newry FFC on August 23, 2017, 12:26:36 PM
The international break needs to be treated like a mini pre season to kick start ourselves, fully integrate the newbies, create a bit of morale and ensure everyone is at peak fitness going into the a September games

On this note could there perhaps be some kind of behind closed doors game. I seem to remember us doing similar once?
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

VicHalomsLovechild

From what's being said arent we looking at a McCormack/Dembele type pairing with Fonte and AK?

Woolly Mammoth

All these issues mentioned need to be put into action whilst the International break is operating to take full advantage of this time, no matter what happens against Ipswich Town.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

grandad

The answer lies with the 3 amigos. Get Cairney, Johansen & McDonald 100% fit & hungry to replicate their form of last season & the goals will come from everyone.
Where there's a will there's a wife