watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team vs Ipswich

Started by Marcel_Gecov, August 23, 2017, 11:41:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FFCAli

IMO Cairney needs to recover full fitness before playing again, certainly before starting again.  An unfit Cairney, which is what we saw against Wednesday, is less use than a fit Norwood or Cisse.  Playing him just because he was our best player last year doesn't make sense.

MJG

-----------------Button
Fredericks-Kalas-Ream-Sessegnon
--------------McDonald-----------------
----------Cairney---Johansen---------
Aluko-----------Fonte------------Ayite(if fit, if not then Kebano but with a heavy heart after last night)
Just the views of a long term fan

westcliff white

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on August 23, 2017, 12:04:53 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on August 23, 2017, 12:02:17 PM
Cairney will play for sur win my mind

I would pick

Button

Fredericks
Kalas
Team
Odoi

Macdonald
Cairney
Johansen

Ojo
Fonte
Kamara

Subs
Bettenelli
R Sessegnon
Cisse
Kebano
Ayite if fit then if not Djalo
Aluko
Norwood

But I expect Slav to pick

Button
Fredericks
Kalas
Team
Odoi

Cairney
Macdonald
Johansen

Aluko
Fonte
Ayite if fit if not Kebano

Subs
Bettenelli
Djalo
Norwood
Cisse
Kebano / Ojo
Norwood
Kamara

Why would you play Ojo ahead of Aluko or Kebano?
One for me right now Aluko doesn't get a look in, he seems to be distant from his game, harsh in Kebano but was thinking all that pace wide would be blistering against a very static Ipswich back line
Every day is a Fulham day

Mullers OG

Button

Fred       Kalas           Ream           Odoi

Norwood    McD         Jo

Kebano   Fonte      Sess

If fit Cairney would play ahead of Norwood and Ayite up front with either Odoi or Sess at LB                                       

JoelH5

I'm pleased to see nearly all of us want Fonte to start again.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: JoelH5 on August 23, 2017, 02:41:09 PM
I'm pleased to see nearly all of us want Fonte to start again.

I enjoyed watching Fonte. I think he could be a very good player for us once he settles in.

Woolly Mammoth

I hope Fonte starts on Saturday, I feel there is something about him that gives him the X Factor, and I think he could come good, providing they play to his strengths.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Porthogs FC

Quote from: twang on August 23, 2017, 11:55:56 AM
Button
Odoi - Kalas - Ream
Fredericks - Cairney - McDonald - Johansen - Sessegnon
Aluko - Fonte

Could be any from Ayite, Aluko, Kebano or Kamara next to Fonte though. Would prefer Ayite but I'm guessing that he won't be fully fit.

This - time for the 3 - 5 - 2 with Madl on bench for cover. Wish we had Piazon because I'd put him on left of front two with Fonte. Aluko is shut off in my books and no longer deserves his place in the starting 11. Not fighting for the badge.

Odoi - Kalas - Ream
Kamara - Fonte

JackHFFC1990

Change of formation for me

Button
       Odoi Kalas Ream
Fredericks              Sessegnon
       Ciise Cairney McDonald
               Fonte Kamara

Subs - Bettinelli , Djalo , Norwood , Johansen, Kebano, Ojo , Aluko

hovewhite

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on August 23, 2017, 11:57:00 AM
Button
Odoi - Kalas - Ream
Aluko - Fonte

Could be any from Ayite, Aluko, Kebano or Kamara next to Fonte though. Would prefer Ayite but I'm guessing that he won't be fully fit.

We wont change formation to three at the back. The time for that, if it was a thing, was last night.
I would like to see a back 3 with fedders and sees as wing backs and if TC not fully fit it might help in his position and ease him back in to the team.

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: hovewhite on August 23, 2017, 04:48:25 PM
Button
Odoi - Kalas - Ream
Aluko - Fonte

We wont change formation to three at the back. The time for that, if it was a thing, was last night.
I would like to see a back 3 with fedders and sees as wing backs and if TC not fully fit it might help in his position and ease him back in to the team.

I don't see us retraining in this position. It'll continue to be 4-3-3 Id have thought for the foreseeable. For a start we have too many wingers not to play them.

JoelH5

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on August 23, 2017, 04:51:09 PM
Quote from: hovewhite on August 23, 2017, 04:48:25 PM
Button
Odoi - Kalas - Ream
Aluko - Fonte

I don't see us retraining in this position. It'll continue to be 4-3-3 Id have thought for the foreseeable. For a start we have too many wingers not to play them.

Imagine Aluko up front haha
I was there, standing in the Putney end

davew

I think he should put all the squad numbers into 4 hats as appropriate, goalkeepers, defenders, midfield and attackers and just draw the appropriate number(s) out of each hat i.e. 1,4,4,2 or whatever, that would be just a useful as his team selections and formations used so far this season! I feel Joka is on his way out and his lack of interest in trying to do anything positive to get a result last night is a good indicator of where he is with FFC at the moment for whatever reason?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Deuce

Interesting choice with Kamara on the wing, although I dont think hes good enough dribbler for the wing and might struggle in one-on-ones, maybe he wont have to if we succeed in putting in some good balls for him. I do however fear for his first touch, that might spol things a bit even if he gets in behind onside. But I do like the fact that one winger will go deep with the other allowed to carry the ball a lot more. And then Rui doing his thing in the middle, being sort of a hybrid between running in behind defence like Kamara and also setting up play like the other winger.

Dont think Kamara is able to do it though just yet but worth a try.

I do think we need to start Kebano a lot more. Def ahead of Aluko. Havent seen Ojo play so I dont know about him but he'll probably need to start getting some playing time soon.

Id probably pick the following

Button
Fred Kalas Ream Odoi
Cairney Cissé Johansen
Kebano Fonte Sess/Ojo

I dont mind that our right winger is right footed and vice versa. I think its a good way to get the ball in the box by having Kebano/Ojo beating their man and trying to play it into the box either by a cross or a pass. If that doesnt work then just tell the wingers to switch sides and have them cut inside to shoot.

-----------------------------------

What do you lot think about Cairney on the right wing? The problem last saturday was that all our creativity was located in the middle of the pitch and Sheff wed did well to limit that space. But if we spread out our creative players then we might be a lot more unpredictable. Against Sheff wed it was constantly Cairney who picked the ball up deep in own half and then either he or Johansen tried to set up the wingers or any other play. It got a bit easy defensive wise for Sheff as they closed them down effectivly in the middle of the park.

With Cairney on the wing, he wouldnt be a ordinary winger trying to beat his man but he'd drift inwards and he'd be higher up the pitch, like an advanced playmaker. Deeper down in the park we'd have Stef Johansen as a deep lying playmaker which allows us a bit more flexible play. Next to him I'd pick Cissé and Kmac.

Button
Fred Kalas Ream Odoi
Kmac Johansen Cissé
Cairney Fonte Kebano

Again, mind you that Cairney is not a regular type winger who needs speed, dribbling and crossing ability.

hovewhite

cairney wasted out wide and dont think it will happen with joka like 3 at the back it wont happen even though i believe it would be a plan b and offer a different option.

We Are Premier League

Button

Fredericks - Kalas - Ream - Odoi

McDonald

Cairney  -  Johansen

Kamara                                Sess

Fonte

Bett
Madl
Cisse
Norwood
Aluko
Ojo
Kebano

Altough I think Aluko will start instead of Kamara.

9 or 10 in the starting 11 was here last season so im not buying the "time to gel" excuse, I think the fitness of the midfield 3 is the key...

Riversider

The key to victory on Saturday will depend on our ability to whether or not we can keep Waghorn and Garner out,
I fear that Mick McCarthy along with Waghorn and Garner are going to be a bit to streetwise and Wiley for us.
Consider this as well, Waghorn and Garner cost a combined £1.5 million from Glasgow Rangers whilest Kamara cost £5 million , either Ipswich under paid or we've very much over paid.

Deuce

Quote from: mlangstrom on August 23, 2017, 08:47:27 PM
                  Button

Fredericks - Kalas - Ream - Odoi

McDonald

Cairney  -  Johansen

Kamara                                Sess

Fonte

Bett
Madl
Cisse
Norwood
Aluko
Ojo
Kebano

Altough I think Aluko will start instead of Kamara.

9 or 10 in the starting 11 was here last season so im not buying the "time to gel" excuse, I think the fitness of the midfield 3 is the key...
The point of using Kamara on the wing is surely so he can cut inside from the left to able to get shots on goal? Or are you expecting someone with his first touch to be good crosser?

Twig

The key to victory is getting our established midfield trio playing at the level of last year, simple. If some are not yet match fit then, unless any of them are still carrying injuries, we need to play them at every opportunity. Get those three firing and goals will follow.

aaronmcguigan

I'd go and pick 11 players who were fully fit, raring to go and hungry to play and win. That hunger and fitness seems to be missing where we seem to carry a passenger or two and with our intensity and style, we need everyone on top of their game.
Haven't a clue what XI that would include but I'd leave Cairney at home and focus on 11 who can really physically drive us towards a win.
A fully fit Cairney can work wonders but I fear a half fit Cairney and his presence would have a negative impact on a game especially in one we relied so heavily on