watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Another Pearl

Started by Peabody, August 24, 2017, 08:15:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

I was very impressed with Matt O'Riley on Tuesday, very assured performance, great range of passing, good on the ball. Though he tired in the second half but he never hid and he is only sixteen. Go away Spurs, Liverpool and Man U.

Woolly Mammoth

Yes, clearly a great prospect for Fulham FC. I have also been impressed with his application, technique and his vision, and he looks over 6 feet tall already.
Let's hope the club can keep any circling vultures away. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

bobbo

Me too , I thought he looked pretty calm in a frantic match. And I didn't know he was only 16.
He made almost no mistakes and did the simple thing.yes keep the predators away
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Mince n Tatties

RaySmith

Very good to hear 049:gif

hovewhite

Sub's bench at a few championship games?

ffcthereligion

Im sorry but I literally couldn't disagree more. I thought he looked a total shambles physically weak and little to no ability on the ball. Also thought he was dreadful at Wycombe and right to get him off eventually (I was at both games). Worst player ive seen for us since Cameron Burgess!

Just goes to show though, Football a game of opinions huh.

Jamie88

Quote from: ffcthereligion on August 24, 2017, 06:05:32 PM
Im sorry but I literally couldn't disagree more. I thought he looked a total shambles physically weak and little to no ability on the ball. Also thought he was dreadful at Wycombe and right to get him off eventually (I was at both games). Worst player ive seen for us since Cameron Burgess!

You've not a clue then, sorry
The lad is SIXTEEN. Every time I've seen him he has look composed and good on the ball. Other top clubs around the country seem to think so too

bog

I'm with you there Peabody. Looks class. Very comfortable when in possession. Bog off big clubs.

092.gif

FulhamStu

He is very clearly an outstanding prospect and to be selected in a midfield 3 shows how high the club and Slav think of him.  He is clearly a fine passer of the ball and will be a tall lad which should help him, esp Ina team of Fulham short arses. 

Personally whilst he did some good things, I thought the game passed him by on Tuesday and he is not yet ready for 1st team football which at 16 years old you would expect.   Thought Edun was the best of the kids and in Djalo and Kamara you can see promise although again a lot of work required to get them to the level they need to be at.  I was dissapointed with Ojo who I thought coasted through the game and hardly broke sweat.  His run towards the end shows what he is capable of, hope he does not think he is above that standard as effort and enthusiasm are just as important as ability.

Tuesday was a team of new players rather thrown together and we lacked the gile to break down a 10 man defence.  Good experience however for ORiley, Sess and Edun all who will have a very bright future I am sure.

Marcel_Gecov

Mark Fotheringham. He was the worst player since Burgess. Burgess wasn't even that bad, Magath shouldn't have played him. Your comment is dumb.

ffcthereligion

Quote from: Jamie88 on August 24, 2017, 07:26:00 PM

The lad is SIXTEEN. Every time I've seen him he has look composed and good on the ball. Other top clubs around the country seem to think so too

You having an alternative opinion does not render me clueless.

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: ffcthereligion on August 24, 2017, 10:44:03 PM
Quote from: Jamie88 on August 24, 2017, 07:26:00 PM

You having an alternative opinion does not render me clueless.

I think when it's nonsense it does

@jolslover

Yh Fotheringham worst player I've seen play for Fulham in the last 5 years.
STH H3

bencher

For what it's worth, my view of him is that he's pretty decent for 16 without being anything too exciting. His playing style reminded me a bit of Cairney and a bit of Jack Wilshere. Very heavily left-footed, looking for the incisive pass, but I felt he was too slow in releasing the ball most of the time. Not ready for the first team, but showed potential.

hopper

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on August 24, 2017, 09:34:40 PM

Mark Fotheringham. He was the worst player since Burgess. Burgess wasn't even that bad, Magath shouldn't have played him. Your comment is dumb.

Fotheringham and Burgess have got to be there for 2 of the worst starting performances of recent years. That period was catastrophic, we're lucky to have recovered, without the academy and the strength that's given us on the pitch and financially too I think we'd be in league 1.

Peabody

Can I ask what Burgess and Fotheringham have got to do with O'Rileys performance on Tuesday evening?

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: Peabody on August 25, 2017, 10:00:06 AM
Can I ask what Burgess and Fotheringham have got to do with O'Rileys performance on Tuesday evening?

Nothing. Somebody said that O'Riley's performance was the worst since Burgess and i pointed out that it's wrong as Fotheringham was worse. Stupid initial response which received a piffy answer. Going back to the OP, O'Riley could do with going back to his age group for now with maybe a few bench appearances later in the season depending how we a re getting on. There's something there but incredibly raw. He is definitely in the next generation behind DLT, Edun, Sess(x2), Adeniran etc and we need to see what they can achieve first .

bencher

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on August 25, 2017, 10:14:45 AM

Nothing. Somebody said that O'Riley's performance was the worst since Burgess and i pointed out that it's wrong as Fotheringham was worse. Stupid initial response which received a piffy answer. Going back to the OP, O'Riley could do with going back to his age group for now with maybe a few bench appearances later in the season depending how we a re getting on. There's something there but incredibly raw. He is definitely in the next generation behind DLT, Edun, Sess(x2), Adeniran etc and we need to see what they can achieve first .

On that note, I didn't see anything exciting from Steven Sessegnon either. He's clearly some way behind his brother in development (which is harsh, as they are separate people and should be judged on their own merits and not constantly compared). One of the failings of the team on Tues was not getting behind the fullback. There were too many times when the overlapping full back cut inside to play the ball back into the midfield area instead of getting the ball in the box, and SS was the main offender.

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: bencher on August 25, 2017, 11:13:01 AM
Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on August 25, 2017, 10:14:45 AM

On that note, I didn't see anything exciting from Steven Sessegnon either. He's clearly some way behind his brother in development (which is harsh, as they are separate people and should be judged on their own merits and not constantly compared). One of the failings of the team on Tues was not getting behind the fullback. There were too many times when the overlapping full back cut inside to play the ball back into the midfield area instead of getting the ball in the box, and SS was the main offender.

SS has been out injured and is coming back so it's a bit harsh to judge him in that way. My contact at the club suggested that SS was thought off higher when they both joined so certainly can get get there. Tuesday was a bad night but it's great to see so many youngsters playing and coming through.