more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

2017-18 Champtionship Projected table, form, gaps and pts needed

Started by MJG, August 27, 2017, 08:33:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MJG

Quote from: General on January 03, 2018, 02:09:59 PM
Each week they are essentially proving that you can't predict the future and they're irrelevant - am I the only one who sees this!? All it shows is that having been off the pace, we're now on the pace, despite being off the pace.. which means our form has improved and could do better or worse as the games come and go.. which we can't forecast.
Once again I'll point out and say you know what is in this thread, you dont like it so give it a miss.

To defend it I'll say it shows a changing picture as the season goes by and helps some to understand whats required going forward.
I disagree in not predicting the future tho. Yes there is an error figure against each prediction, probably for 6th place a 2 or 3 point swing either way. Last week it was 75, this week its 76. Currently I'd bet money whoever gets 6th will need 76 plus

In the end its a bit of fun as well. Some like it, some dont. But I ask dont come on here twice to tell us you dont like it, we get the picture.
Just the views of a long term fan

Porthogs FC

I don't understand how you can't like someone putting in the time and effort that most of us are not willing to put in. It's free information about the form our favorite team is in, and the form we likely need to be in to squeak into playoffs or automatic promotion.

Keynsham

Yes.

I love looking at this stuff and can't understand why people would want to knock the effort that somebody puts in to provide them.

MJG

Twig

So we are now ahead of last season's equivalent points accrued.  That suggests we have a great chance of making the play offs again.

Woolly Mammoth

It will be interesting to see if we can keep up a similiar run of results like we did from this stage last season.
If we can emulate that, then we are in business.
Looking at the League Table, it's eye opening to see that we are only one point behind 6th, and ten behind 2nd.
With 19 matches left or 57 points.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: Twig on January 13, 2018, 09:21:50 PM
So we are now ahead of last season's equivalent points accrued.  That suggests we have a great chance of making the play offs again.
As long as we hit the form we hit last season ! We finished really strongly last season.
Last 19 games we had 12 / 4 / 3. We gained 40 points out of 57.
That was an amazing run. We would reach 82 points if we matched that form!
Start with Burton and take each game as it comes.
COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

toshes mate

Quote from: Twig on January 13, 2018, 09:21:50 PM
I think we should also note (i) we have done this in a slightly different way to last season; (ii) we haven't yet hit best form; (iii)much less settled team; and (iv) shades of last season's possession football appeared again yesterday afternoon without TC in the side. 

I think we just need to keep taking the same small steps that SJ and his staff regime's encourage.  Signings may help or hinder and so I'll wait until we see them and are sure of who may be leaving too.  Hope nobody goes rather than see us signing high risk players.

MJG

I have seen a few comments about finishing 2nd is still on, so I thought I'd share the stats on that.

Last 16 years the average points total for 2nd has been 87 (Current projection is 89)

Highest was 93 (twice)
Lowest was 79 (twice)
Last 5 years it has been 93,89,89,93,79

This season the whole table is looking to be slightly above average, so Id still stick at needing 87 plus to get 2nd

So we have 19 games left and to get 87 we requires 45 more points.
To put that in context, Wolves have 62pts from 27. We would have to do better than that by a couple of points.

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: MJG on January 17, 2018, 07:29:37 AM
I have seen a few comments about finishing 2nd is still on, so I thought I'd share the stats on that.

Last 16 years the average points total for 2nd has been 87 (Current projection is 89)

Highest was 93 (twice)
Lowest was 79 (twice)
Last 5 years it has been 93,89,89,93,79

This season the whole table is looking to be slightly above average, so Id still stick at needing 87 plus to get 2nd

So we have 19 games left and to get 87 we requires 45 more points.
To put that in context, Wolves have 62pts from 27. We would have to do better than that by a couple of points.

Well, anything can look difficult once you start including FACTS into the equation!! 😨
COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Woolly Mammoth

45 points, you say, then we cannot really afford to lose against anyone above us.

Never forget your Roots.

MJG

MJG

Our 6 game form is 16/18 points.
Better than last season at any time. So when was last time we were doing so well, 2000?

Woolly Mammoth

Only 18 matches left, so the most points we can achieve is 99 points, dam it i was banking on a minimum of 100.

Never forget your Roots.

MJG

How we closed the gap in last 12 games on projected points

MJG

davew

Interesting information, especially the last table, maybe 13 points from 8 games to be in 6th place after 37 games, difficult but achievable!! Thanks that has cheered me up this morning!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

MJG

Quote from: davew on January 31, 2018, 09:32:12 AM
Interesting information, especially the last table, maybe 13 points from 8 games to be in 6th place after 37 games, difficult but achievable!! Thanks that has cheered me up this morning!
Here to help Dave

Burt

Need as many points in the bank from our next 2 games given the 5 fixtures that follow - that's a tricky sequence.

Woolly Mammoth

My expectations are high, maybe too high, but I am hoping for 17 points, which basically works out at 5 wins 2 draws and the odd defeat.
Although there are teams below us as well as above us that will fancy a top six spot, there will I am sure be unexpected results, and rivals drawing which means both dropping points.
As you know you can win one and lose one, and have 3 points, as opposed to drawing both and having 2 points.
So the key really at this stage is to win as many matches as possible, as a draw although better than a defeat, is only one point better, even though it means the other team dropping two points as well.
Without getting too far ahead of myself, if we can finish above Villa, we could and should obtain 2nd place.
That's 17 matches and 51 points away.

Never forget your Roots.