watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

HatterDon - in the hospital

Started by love4ffc, August 29, 2017, 03:42:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HatterDon

Thanks to all Don's friends, foreign and domestic, for your concern and prayers. This is Mary Lou, known to many as Hatter Mom. Here is an update.
1. Hurricane Harvey mercifully didn't do much of anything to San Antonio. We had some wind and maybe 2 inches of rain, but it was nothing like what has happened east of us in the Houston area. We are grateful for small miracles.
2. On August 16th, Don was told at his primary doctor's office to get to the Emergency Room because he had congestive heart failure. It was a huge surprise to both of us, but he has been living with Atrial Fibrillation since late 2011. In the ensuing two weeks, the hospital staff gave him enough diuretic to get 30 pounds of water weight out of his system. He has been in the hospital all that time, and none too happy about it. Until today, we were playing "wait and see," but now we have a plan to try a new drug to get him out of A-fib. That starts tomorrow.

Thanks again for your concern. I will pass your comments on to him. I know he has great affection for this site and the people on it!
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Kent Cassandra

All the best of luck HD, sounds like you are in good hands both home and away,
Looking forward to your next post...
Cornish Cassandra 1996, Don Quixote 2002, Kent Cassandra 2009.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

NogoodBoyo

I too was wondering where Big D had gone.  Then I received one of his delightfully opaque messages on facebook that did not allude to his current predicament.  We need him back, so I had better get back on facebook to send him my best as I miss his wit and wisdom.
Then I ask, why is he on facebook and not on here?  The answer is obvious.
Nogood "this site can on occasion be bad for your heart, isit" Boyo

ToodlesMcToot

Hey there Mr. Hatter Don. Just learning of your illness. I hope you are getting stronger and better all around and that the doctors are successful in finding the right medication to get you outta that hospital. Wishing you all the best.

Stay strong Mrs. Hatter Mom
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

St. Andrews White

Best wishes mate, be great to see you back here (and healthy of course!) soon

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.

Andy S

Hi HD we take good health for granted when we have it but when things start to go wrong we are in the hands of those with the medical skills to get us better. It takes time but I hope you are on the mend and these messages of good will help as well

Snibbo

tslyon

Thoughts and prayers brother.

Steve

therealjaybee

Woolly Mammoth

My very best wishes to Hatter Don, and I hope he recovers, and is out of hospital, and back in shape to take his place on the MB asap once again. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

ffc73

To echo all the previous posts, wishing you a full and speedy recovery HD.

Twig

All the best for a full recovery HD don't rush back, build up your fitness first. Maybe participate in a few friendly contributions before your first really competitive post?

SouthfieldWhite

Best Wishes and a speedy recovery HD.

Tomo

Best wishes sir, speedy recovery & all that jazz my friend.
"We cannot be sure of having something to live for unless we are willing to die for it." - Che Guevara

NogoodBoyo

This is a very nice thing the members of this message-board are doing here.  All we need now is for nose to add his tuppence worth.
Nogood "nosegood boyo up to nosegood in the wash-house, isit" Boyo
P.S.  You'd better get well soon, Big D or we'll give you what for!

Twig

Quote from: HatterDon on August 29, 2017, 09:45:45 PM
Thanks to all Don's friends, foreign and domestic, for your concern and prayers. This is Mary Lou, known to many as Hatter Mom. Here is an update.
1. Hurricane Harvey mercifully didn't do much of anything to San Antonio. We had some wind and maybe 2 inches of rain, but it was nothing like what has happened east of us in the Houston area. We are grateful for small miracles.
2. On August 16th, Don was told at his primary doctor's office to get to the Emergency Room because he had congestive heart failure. It was a huge surprise to both of us, but he has been living with Atrial Fibrillation since late 2011. In the ensuing two weeks, the hospital staff gave him enough diuretic to get 30 pounds of water weight out of his system. He has been in the hospital all that time, and none too happy about it. Until today, we were playing "wait and see," but now we have a plan to try a new drug to get him out of A-fib. That starts tomorrow.

Thanks again for your concern. I will pass your comments on to him. I know he has great affection for this site and the people on it!

Just wanted to say a big thank you Hatter Mom for taking time out to give us this update when you have so many more pressing concerns.  I hope I speak for all when I express my t hanks and of course our hopes that HD will be back with you fit and well soon.

Fernhurst

As you know HD don't post anymore but look in from time to time and had to make an exception for one of "the originals" whose classy incisive writing continues to shine through.

Sincere good wishes for a rapid recovery.

Fernhurst
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Lighthouse

Update .......Hatter was due to have a procedure today. But due to, as he put it, a miscommunication. It was cancelled and so hopefully something will happen today. The fact that Hatter is away from the last day panic and moaning and crying of the transfer window. That is just me doing the moaning etc. Can only be a good thing. We all continue to hope he comes out of hospital soon and back to posting comments that put us all to shame.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

love4ffc

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 31, 2017, 12:06:53 AM
Update .......Hatter was due to have a procedure today. But due to, as he put it, a miscommunication. It was cancelled and so hopefully something will happen today. The fact that Hatter is away from the last day panic and moaning and crying of the transfer window. That is just me doing the moaning etc. Can only be a good thing. We all continue to hope he comes out of hospital soon and back to posting comments that put us all to shame.
Great update and much appreciated.  I'll bet he is still yelling at the nurses to find out the latest news for Fulham transfers and asking them...WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN!   :HD:  :bang head:  :56:
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?