watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Redbrick fc

Started by TheDaddy, September 12, 2010, 09:17:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheDaddy

On  a glorious sunny sunday afternoon Redbrick started there long awaited season With a tricky away game against Manorcroft Untied.Both teams were promoted last season with Redbrick some 13 points clear of todays opponenants.

12 o'clock arrived and the refs whistle blew Manorcroft are a physical but fair side Redbrick are probably more skillful but have a mean streak in them when needed.

The first 20 minutes didn't really have anything of note happening with both teams cancelling each other out in midfield and trying to find there running and passing feet.

on the 25 minute a ball passed from the back through the middle onto the left wing were Ben with his parachute still attached to his back showed a turn of pace! beating two players, lofting the ball into the area for Big D to have all the time in the world to poke the ball into the net "boy did he take his time i thought for one minute he was in shock at the amount of time he had ". 1-0 Redbrick.

Redbrick now in the ascendency peppered the Manorcroft Goal and should have scored at least another one or two however their Goalkeeper was outstanding and organised his defence well "My man of the match"
H/T 1-0

The second half was a feisty affair with strong hard tackles going in Manorcroft being much more the aggressors and on the 60th minute there goal keeper took down  ben penalty ! He picked himself up and calmly slotted the ball home bottom left. 2-0 Redbrick

This seemed to spur Manorcroft on and for the last 15 minutes pushed up looking for at least a consolation goal
which they got after having a corner, one of there players fell to the floor penalty ! i may be bias but as the Redbrick players remonstrated with the ref i had to agree with them no one touch him .Bottom left 2-1

From the kick off Redbrick attacked and crashed the ball against the bar from a corner with the ball bouncing harmlessly over A few subs were made just to freshen up the tired legs "it was baking out their" 3 minutes left on the watch Manorcroft make a last ditch effort to get an equalizer pushing everyone up bar the keeper and centre back the ball broke down the right and with the winger blasting the ball into the eighteen yard box one of the subs under no pressure at all raised his hands penalty ! Again bottom left Just out of reach of the diving keeper hands 2-2

Thats how it finished

To be honest it was a fair result Redbrick should have seen the game out in the first half.

Manorcroft for the determination and never say die attitude .

Its going to be a long hard season .Its early doors but having checked the result only one team won this week the rest all drawing.

"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

BarryP

Bossed the match and tied in the dying moments.  Sounds a bit Fulhamish to me.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

SouthfieldWhite

Sounds like a good game mate. seen youre score from today but will let you  give out the good news

Congrats    :045: