A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Programmes

Started by Andy S, May 10, 2018, 11:49:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The football league is talking about making programmes optional for clubs to produce. Would you like to see them done away with?

Kept in their present form
20 (64.5%)
A very much slimmed down version with teams only
4 (12.9%)
On Line only
1 (3.2%)
A club Hand book produced at the start of the season shoing info on away teams
3 (9.7%)
No Programme at all
3 (9.7%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Voting closed: May 15, 2018, 11:49:35 PM

Andy S

I like the idea of a team sheet only

MJG

Quote from: Andy S on May 10, 2018, 11:49:35 PM
I like the idea of a team sheet only
just not practical given when the team is announced and how many would need to printed in a small timescale.
Need a shed load of A4 printers going into over drive.

Just the views of a long term fan

RaySmith

I voted  to keep them I their present form, though I don't usually but one myself these days because of price, though in the past  buying the programme and reading it  leading up to kick off was an important part of the match day experience, as was collecting the programmes and looking at them in future seasons.

Only recently I found a couple of old programmes from 1986, when we were  in the bottom half of the Third division, and  that provided a vivid portrait of Fulham then, that just seeing the information online  wouldn't do in the same way, maybe.

Of course, now, though, we can  read everything about the team and club on online club sites and forums, and see not just  photos, like those of the great Ken Coton, but see actual videos of the team in recent action, and see the players being interviewed, besides  listening to Jim's commentary, and even watching us live on Sky on occasion.

With print media generally going under, the NME being a recent example, and even newspapers giving up print, online programmes seem the future, I feel sad to say.

I  don't see much point in a reduced programme, and just a team sheet would be a waste of resources, as  MJG says - though having said that,  I don't have  vey good hearing and  can't always hear the loudspeaker announcements properly- but the team are announced for all to hear.

Woolly Mammoth

Call me old fashioned, but I have been hooked on programs since the year dot. I understand all the reasons for slimming it down etc, and of course the cost has a bearing, as has been noted, that you can get information elsewhere these days. 
But I personally for me like a hard copy of each match. It's history in the making, and I can look back over the years at my collection, which bring back so many happy memories, as well as a few not quite so happy.
But it's still written information and statistics about Fulham Football Club written at that time.
It's a personal choice, but I feel if ever the program was ceased, we would lose a little of our football culture, which is already under threat in other forms, due to TV calling the tune, and greed and money, with the true supporters who watch their club through thick and thin, whatever the weather and the cost being pushed further down the list of priorities until the bubble bursts.
Players, Managers, chairmen come and go, but the true fan is the cornerstone of all clubs, whether your attendances are 75,000 or 750, and please remember that the true fans are the ones that pay through the turnstiles, not the ones who enter the grounds with complimentary tickets.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

grandad

If the Club make a profit on sales & the income from adverts I say keep it as it is. However I find that they are now so thick it is difficult to put them into ones pocket. Back in the 50´s & 60´s they folded easily & I ironed out the creases when I got home.
Where there's a will there's a wife

cookieg

I always buy a programme, rarely read them but enjoy collecting them.

When I do look at programmes from the 70's and 80's it is fascinating looking at some of the youth players and where they go on to, who they play for and what they subsequently achieve.

bog

I prefer the ones from the 1950's. Facts and figures, pen pics of our opponents, probable line ups, youth team line ups and massively biased match reports. (As they were then)  Perhaps not a return to, when giving the team's colours, refer to shorts as being knickers. 

Thank you and good night

092.gif

bog

Quote from: cookieg on May 11, 2018, 09:20:33 AM
I always buy a programme, rarely read them but enjoy collecting them.

When I do look at programmes from the 70's and 80's it is fascinating looking at some of the youth players and where they go on to, who they play for and what they subsequently achieve.

Exactly. The 1950's especially. 

filham

Quote from: grandad on May 11, 2018, 07:58:06 AM
If the Club make a profit on sales & the income from adverts I say keep it as it is. However I find that they are now so thick it is difficult to put them into ones pocket. Back in the 50´s & 60´s they folded easily & I ironed out the creases when I got home.
The suggestion is that clubs are struggling to break even in producing a programme.