watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Smudger Smith

Started by Mince n Tatties, September 13, 2017, 09:48:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

Don't really want to go down the path of his ability as a player as I know some on here have a terrible opinion of the guy,(I'm not one of them) and we've been through it all before,but just wanted to say that his record last few years away from us is quite good.
7 goals in 14 games for Bristol City
And after scoring last night 8 in 20 for QPR,and half of those appearances have been as a late sub.
Not a bad average in my book.

Tabby

When you play him as the big lug up front he does fairly well at this level. Hasn't really fitted any system we used in when we had him in the team.

Woolly Mammoth

A Colleague and Associate of mine carried out a private survey in Bishops Park prior to the Norwich home match, with a questionnaire of 100 people who were wearing Fulham colours proceeding to the match. Asking if they thought Matt Smith was a) Useful Striker, b) Super Sub Striker or c) a Prolific Striker.
The Survey completed said a) 48.5% b) 30.5% c) 21%.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

hovewhite

Liked smudger myself handy to have player like him in any squad.

Keynsham

Didn't he want first team football though?

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Keynsham on September 13, 2017, 12:48:10 PM
Didn't he want first team football though?

Yes,and admitted the other day that we didn't suit his style and that his type of player is a dying breed.
He also said never been happier and a great bunch of lads when at Fulham.

Keynsham

I've nothing against him either and wish he did suit our style. It's a shame that he doesn't, or that ultimately he probably isn't good enough for a side that is looking to get promoted.

A seemingly great guy though, I'm sure nobody will disagree with that.

filham

I liked him , you could always be sure that he would cause a little chaos in the opponents box and the understanding with McCormac would usually lead to goals and that's what counts, not stile.

westcliff white

i had nothing against him perosnally, his style didnt suit and the stylke that suited him I am not a fan of. He will always score for a cartain style of team and good luck to him
Every day is a Fulham day

colinwhite

A good lad for sure but not a great player. If he was five feet ten he would be playing park football. Good luck to him,but just not when we play against them.