https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Category one status retained for Academy

Started by Lighthouse, September 13, 2017, 09:54:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

Category One Status Retained
Wednesday 13 September 2017 09:30
The Club is pleased to announce that our Academy has retained its Category One status.

Under the Elite Player Performance Plan, Fulham has held the highest possible status since its introduction in the summer of 2012, and will now continue to enjoy the benefits that come with it.

"It's really important for a club for our size and standing, to be competing with the best clubs' youth development in the country," commented Academy Director Huw Jennings.

"We're very proud of our Academy and we are delighted to have received further affirmation of our work."

The Club recently built an indoor facility at our Motspur Park Training Ground as part of a redevelopment project funded entirely by Chairman Shahid Khan, and have further invested by purchasing the land adjacent that was previously owned by the BBC.

"The other thing that is critical to us is the demonstration of the fantastic support we have had from the ownership and the executive of the Club," Jennings added.

"They have backed the programme with a massive injection of cash into our facility development both last season and also for the long term future with the acquisition of the former BBC ground.

"When the rules relating to facilities changed, we knew that it was going to be a very tall order to first of all gain the planning consent, to build the new facilities, and to get them completed in time to the satisfaction of the Category One auditors.

"We managed to achieve both and I think that's attributed to a fantastic team effort. I should absolutely compliment [Chief Operating Officer] Darren Preston and his team, the facilities development programme was an outstanding achievement.

"The best thing for me about the facility development is that absolutely everyone at the Club and within our local community benefits."

Asked about the role high-class facilities play in bringing through and developing players, Jennings responded: "No-one should anticipate that having a good Academy is because you have good facilities.

"You need to have a culture and environment that enables the best young players to develop and reach their full potential.

"If you look at the quality of facilities available throughout academy football, then you clearly have to be aspiring to have the best available for your own programme.

"Almost without exception people comment on the warmth of the welcome when they come to Fulham, and that starts with the reception team and goes all the way through to every member of staff who works at the Club.

"That more than anything means a huge amount to me and my team in the Academy, that the Club is fully supportive of the Academy programme.

"There is no doubt that when you build and develop facilities, and when you demonstrate you want to move the Academy forward, that is attractive for players to join the Club and, frankly, also for players to stay at the Club.

"Those things are critical to success, and in any industry you need to be demonstrating that you are moving forward and aspiring to develop your programme to be the best you can be, and we are no different."
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

snarks

The academy is doing well, a lot of the success can be put down to Huw, who did a similar brilliant job with Southampton's academy. You only have to look at their output when he was there to see how good he is.

Holders

THis is excellent, it's right that the excellent facilities and staff (and product!) are recognised.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

MJG

Quote from: snarks on September 13, 2017, 12:49:58 PM
The academy is doing well, a lot of the success can be put down to Huw, who did a similar brilliant job with Southampton's academy. You only have to look at their output when he was there to see how good he is.
For me hes more important to the long term well being of the club than any other staff member.
Just the views of a long term fan

Delboy

Top marks for the whole Academy Team and the Chairman for making this happen. Money well spent, speculate to accumulate, as they say. COYW

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: MJG on September 13, 2017, 12:55:31 PM
For me hes more important to the long term well being of the club than any other staff member.

I agree
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

MJG

Quote from: Statto on September 13, 2017, 03:18:08 PM
Still waiting for some indication as to what they're going to do with the old BBC land...
There is no rush for that, council very happy we own it and club will take its time on that
Just the views of a long term fan

Cottage Industry

This is so essential for the club to retain and constantly work for in future. It is like going to school for the first time, if you receive an extremely warm and friendly welcome to the club it makes such a difference to your whole approach in the future. You take a totally different view of everybody and everything around you. It has an amazing effect on your whole attitude and provides the Best Possible start to your footballing career. That is why I was so pleased to read that Huw joined the club when he did. His effect on the staff, and new entrants alike is now bearing fruit, and it is pleasing to note that the Chairman has given positive support by supplying the tools for Huw and his staff to work with.

Come on Fulham. Back this news up with a few wins starting  tonight

Cottage Industry

SouthfieldWhite

Spot on MJG, not just Huw but the rest of his staff too, who all do a fantastic job.

When the old BBC ground is developed, it will be  even better.

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on September 13, 2017, 05:52:29 PM

Jennings and the unsung hero Elias are the driving force behind this and need more applause from the everyday fan. But not too much. I don't want them to be poached.

Spot on MJG, not just Huw but the rest of his staff too, who all do a fantastic job.

When the old BBC ground is developed, it will be  even better.