Started by Mince n Tatties, September 13, 2017, 01:59:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Jamie88 on September 13, 2017, 04:49:57 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on September 13, 2017, 04:42:51 PM
Quote from: Jamie88 on September 13, 2017, 04:41:10 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on September 13, 2017, 04:09:15 PM
Quote from: Jamie88 on September 13, 2017, 04:03:44 PM
Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Borussia Dortmund, PSG, Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea, Monaco, Atletico Madrid, Juventus.......

..yeah, you're right some real crap sides there. Add to that sides like Napoli, Sevila, RB Leipzig, Liverpool

What a mickey mouse competition, I'm glad we're not in it..

The names no matter how famous have got nothing to do with it,them you mentioned never won their league so they ain't champions are they...It used to be for champions no matter who they are...
Beam me up Scottie.

What are you on about? Chelsea, R Madrid, Bayern, Juventus, Monaco all won their leagues?

Yes...Sorry I was meaning them that hadn't.

Problem is Mince, is if you end up with what you are proposing then it would be an even smaller pool of candidates who could be competitive. It would be between those 5 sides (at a push), and the rest would be made up of relative minnows and every match up until the semi finals would be 3-0's, 4-0's etc.
By including other sides who have finished 2nd or 3rd in stronger leagues you are making it a better competition. Would you deny Barcelona for example but wish to allow say Dundalk straight into the first round simply because they were champions of Ireland?

Your still not getting my point,Barcelona never won their league Dundalk or whoever did..
When it was the European Cup much like now the cream came to the top and normally the best side were there about...These 6 group games are meaningless as I've stated earlier you know which two are going to go through from most groups.

Jamie88

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on September 13, 2017, 06:13:31 PM
Quote from: Jamie88 on September 13, 2017, 04:49:57 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on September 13, 2017, 04:42:51 PM
Quote from: Jamie88 on September 13, 2017, 04:41:10 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on September 13, 2017, 04:09:15 PM
Quote from: Jamie88 on September 13, 2017, 04:03:44 PM
Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Borussia Dortmund, PSG, Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea, Monaco, Atletico Madrid, Juventus.......

..yeah, you're right some real crap sides there. Add to that sides like Napoli, Sevila, RB Leipzig, Liverpool

What a mickey mouse competition, I'm glad we're not in it..

The names no matter how famous have got nothing to do with it,them you mentioned never won their league so they ain't champions are they...It used to be for champions no matter who they are...
Beam me up Scottie.

What are you on about? Chelsea, R Madrid, Bayern, Juventus, Monaco all won their leagues?

Yes...Sorry I was meaning them that hadn't.

Problem is Mince, is if you end up with what you are proposing then it would be an even smaller pool of candidates who could be competitive. It would be between those 5 sides (at a push), and the rest would be made up of relative minnows and every match up until the semi finals would be 3-0's, 4-0's etc.
By including other sides who have finished 2nd or 3rd in stronger leagues you are making it a better competition. Would you deny Barcelona for example but wish to allow say Dundalk straight into the first round simply because they were champions of Ireland?

Your still not getting my point,Barcelona never won their league Dundalk or whoever did..
When it was the European Cup much like now the cream came to the top and normally the best side were there about...These 6 group games are meaningless as I've stated earlier you know which two are going to go through from most groups.

I am getting your point. I'll say it again - would you rather Dundalk were in these early rounds or Barcelona? Or to put it another way, who is replacing these minnows in your ideological Champions League? Ironically most of these minnows ARE champions of their own leagues!