watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tonight's performance in

Started by alfie, September 13, 2017, 10:06:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfie

In the absence of Mr Peabody, just got back, we done all we could to throw this match away, someone has got to get into the heads of these players and stop them from giving the ball away. Young  Sess needs some education, but it was great to get a win.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

ffcthereligion

Agree. Was sloppy, but we won, and thats the main thing! COYW

Robbie

Agree. Our ball control is much weaker than last season but we are improving. Also we have more selfish players, shooting and not passing.

Jonaldiniho 88

Made up with the win but agree with all of above Alfie. Could have won three at home but are kinda lucky to have won one. Even with our sloppy play we should have been comfortable.

Robbie

Jurassic Parker

Quote from: Robbie on September 13, 2017, 10:14:26 PM
Agree. Our ball control is much weaker than last season but we are improving. Also we have more selfish players, shooting and not passing.

and yet last season I felt (and I think others did too if I remember rightly) that too often we overplayed and missed the chance to shoot - attempting to walk it into the goal

Not going against what you said, I agree. But it seems we need to find that balance, the scales have tipped one way and now theyre tipping the other. I dont know how often others cook or bake, but when a recipe says 200 grams, I put some on the scales and it says 100 grams and I think 'huh not as much as thought', I then add a lot more and end up at 400 grams, I think 'oh I went over the top there', then you find the balance. Too many glases of wine? 049:gif

YankeeJim

The team clearly missed a fit Tom Cairney. Once he is back match fit and Fonte has a bit more time to bed in, I think the only thing between automatic promotion and this team is time.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

ffc73

Before the game I said I'd take a win however it came. A win duly arrived so I'll take that gratefully and move on

aaronmcguigan

Scrappy win tonight, win whatever way we can at Burton, which is more than possible , sets us up to play Forest and Boro with 1 defeat in 8. What's more, Forest and Boro have an extra game to play midweek in the league cup so we need to take advantage and make the extra freshness count. Not sure on the status of the injuries but if either TC or Fonte are available for either forest / Boro then it's a bonus.
If we can't beat Burton for a confidence boost , I'd be concerned, and a great time to get first consecutive wins since April

Mince n Tatties

Not a great performance at all,but a win is a win.
Worrying thing for me last 2 games is Kalas,had a bad half in each game,tonight first half he seemed asleep,Ream had to hold them together.

Andy S

I think Session needs a rest but you have to say that his head never went down although it wasn't one of his best games

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Andy S on September 13, 2017, 11:09:24 PM
I think Session needs a rest but you have to say that his head never went down although it wasn't one of his best games

Yes he wasn't great tonight,should have buried that header.

Denver Fulham

It was only dicey because Sess shockingly missed an absolute sitter and then we got suckerpunched. If it's 2-0, we had bossed the match to that point, and would have been home and hosed. Lesson learned, and good to hang on to a 1-goal win for once.

ealex40

Quote from: Statto on September 13, 2017, 11:39:28 PM
sessegnon got walked over all night, not for the first time this season, which is odd because in several other games already he's been MOTM

would like to see odoi at LB and sess on the wing rather than ojo next weekend, ojo doesn't really do enough for me, although having watched the highlights i admit he did well for that assist on the first goal

norwood is sooooooooooooooooo much poorer than cairney it's painful, when piazon is back i'd have norwood 3rd in the queue for that slot and hopefully nowhere near starting, sorry i just do not rate him

nonetheless we outplayed hull and deserved the win, would have a been a casual 3-0 or 4-0 if sessegnon had buried that sitter, and all that without our best player and without our only striker

I don't think we outplayed Hull. Too many times we made poor passes and we were lucky the opposition didn't punish us because I thought they looked dangerous every time they approached our end in the second half.

New Kid on the Block

Funny, I thought Norwood was MOTM tonight. At least the majority of his passes were forward, and he can pick out players well.

RaySmith

I think there are problems with confidence and team cohesion with key players injured, and new players bedding in, which a couple of wins will help to overcome.

Mince n Tatties

I don't know how McGregor kept that one from Ayite out..Great Save.

hovewhite

Winning is the best way for new players to adapt and gain confidence.

Carborundum

There were several wins in the second half of last season that were a bit like this one.  The team will draw strength from holding fast in what was a slightly bonkers final 10 minutes.

There's a few things to work on.  The front 3 interchanged their position a lot and I got the sense that it confused them more than the opposition.  That said we got two goals.

If we had lost the season wouldn't be looking to clever and the players knew it.  If we can get a result at Burton -and we really should - then confidence shouldn't be a problem and I'd hope for a good run.

alexbishop

A scrappy game but pleased with a win. Really poor low energy first half. Thought we made quite a few poor decisions in the game. However, we did create good chances in the second half. Sess getting bullied quite a bit at left back and needs to improve strength. Norwood looks poor and I don't think he is helping keep control of the game. Likewise SJ was poor with some of his passing. Forward three didn't really properly click.

Much to improve on but pleased to win.
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop