watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tonight's performance in

Started by alfie, September 13, 2017, 10:06:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grandad

I don´t mind an ugly win now & again when we are not playing well. Look how many times Brighton did this last season. We slaughtered them twice last season & lost both matches.
With Cairney back 100% fit we will see a change. He is our most influential player who will have us playing at our best. We have only had him for 1 full game when he was only 50% fit.
Would really want to know how serious his knee problem is.
Where there's a will there's a wife

abfg

Actually I'm quite surprised by the tone of this thread. When you actually look at it Hull scored from their only real chance inside the box. Other than that we restricted them to potshots from 20 yards.

First half we dominated completely and while we (as usual) weren't good enough at turning good situations into chances and then into goals, it's because we lacked a true centre forward (other than AK who seems to be more of an impact sub). First goal came because of Kebano playing like a centre forward, picking up a direct ball and showing strength to get it out to Ojo who did the decent thing by beating his man and crossing it to where we had, for pretty much the only time in the first half, Kebano at the nearpost (credit to him), Ayite to tap it in and also 2 players coming in from the edge. This is important - Kebano did what our players don't normally do and played like a number 9, strength and then bust a gut to get to the nearpost. Once in the game. And we scored from it. Lack of that centre forward play on a regular basis is the main problem here.

Second half - as predicted Hull really tried for 15 minutes and we struggled to keep them at bay. But we turned it round and reestablished our hold on the game. Last 10 minutes aside, we looked fairly comfortable. That is without the needless mistakes on the ball - we do overplay sometimes and got away with giving it to them a couple of times too often for comfort. And Norwood is a complete liablility. No positional sense and will always try to over complicate and show off in possession. The sooner TC is back the better.

Such a shame the header didn't go in to make it 2-0, I think it would have been the best goal I've ever seen (no exaggeration). It was a real Barcelona at their prime type passage of play, I think every player touched the ball, it switched across the pitch and it was truly beautiful, the highlights on Sky only show a fraction of it. But he missed so it will be forgotten. Such a shame. I have always preferred that team goal to a Kasami style goal - personal preference.

Generally good, flashes of brilliance, flashes of incompetence, improvement needed, more classic centre forward play required. Just like last season really.

Tabby

The problem wasn't that we didn't deserve to win, it was that we didn't play to our standard. There was a lack of cohesion among the players and the combination play rarely came off, whenever it did it resulted in a good chance.

Just lucky that Hull were worse. If we played to our normal level, that'd have been a three or four goal spanking.

But, at the end of the day, a win is a win.

FulhamStu

Hull were not great, but they closed us down very hard and quickly and were desperate to make up for the last result they had.  We have lost games like this in the past so to win shows progress, to win without our best 2 players whilst bedding in 3 or 4 new players is very good.

Forever Fulham

Quote from: abfg on September 14, 2017, 11:08:01 AM
Actually I'm quite surprised by the tone of this thread. When you actually look at it Hull scored from their only real chance inside the box. Other than that we restricted them to potshots from 20 yards.

First half we dominated completely and while we (as usual) weren't good enough at turning good situations into chances and then into goals, it's because we lacked a true centre forward (other than AK who seems to be more of an impact sub). First goal came because of Kebano playing like a centre forward, picking up a direct ball and showing strength to get it out to Ojo who did the decent thing by beating his man and crossing it to where we had, for pretty much the only time in the first half, Kebano at the nearpost (credit to him), Ayite to tap it in and also 2 players coming in from the edge. This is important - Kebano did what our players don't normally do and played like a number 9, strength and then bust a gut to get to the nearpost. Once in the game. And we scored from it. Lack of that centre forward play on a regular basis is the main problem here.

Second half - as predicted Hull really tried for 15 minutes and we struggled to keep them at bay. But we turned it round and reestablished our hold on the game. Last 10 minutes aside, we looked fairly comfortable. That is without the needless mistakes on the ball - we do overplay sometimes and got away with giving it to them a couple of times too often for comfort. And Norwood is a complete liablility. No positional sense and will always try to over complicate and show off in possession. The sooner TC is back the better.

Such a shame the header didn't go in to make it 2-0, I think it would have been the best goal I've ever seen (no exaggeration). It was a real Barcelona at their prime type passage of play, I think every player touched the ball, it switched across the pitch and it was truly beautiful, the highlights on Sky only show a fraction of it. But he missed so it will be forgotten. Such a shame. I have always preferred that team goal to a Kasami style goal - personal preference.

Generally good, flashes of brilliance, flashes of incompetence, improvement needed, more classic centre forward play required. Just like last season really.
I wouldn't say Norwood is a complete liability, but I've been disappointed in his play.