https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Yohan Mollo

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, September 13, 2017, 11:09:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JakeFFC

Quote from: Legate21 on September 14, 2017, 07:06:12 AM
Quote from: maoconnor on September 14, 2017, 12:35:42 AM
The mistake from Mollo tonight that is raising eyebrows was his decision around the 90 + 5 to shoot the ball on our breakaway when he had 2-3 team mates in the box ready to receive for the 3rd goal. Maybe he is still needing to gel and isn't used to our positional play, or perhaps he is simply going for glory, but it was a poor decision.

That being said he looks solid and excellent pickup on a Free.

Not to mention the fact they kicked the resulting corner straight out of play for a goal kick when holding it in the corner would have more than sufficed, such was the tension.

In response to the 90+5 minute moment. I have to jump to his defence as it happened right in front of my seat. He slightly overran so couldn't pull it back so tried to whip it in font of the defender across goal. It actually came off a Hull defenders boot and went onto the crossbar. Had it gone in it would have been an own goal (hence the corner being given) and as such I think he made the right decision trying to put it across the box for a tap in instead of a shot.

The corner. Well the less said the better. Thought giving it to Kamara to use a bit of his muscle to hold onto it would have been a better move but, hey ho, we got the 3 points in the end.

Horsfield_No9

2/2 good performances for me. Looks assured on the ball, quick change of pace, good decision making. So far on what we've seen he wouldn't look out of place in the Prem.

Not sure what happened with the corner. Seemed his team mates wanted to keep it at the flag and he was looking to knock it off the Hull defender for another corner, which didn't work. Aside from that he was a good sub and made a difference. Excited to see more from him, thought he was unlucky to not start again after his Cardiff performance, hoping he does v Burton.
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

Horsfield_No9

The other thing with him to consider is that Graham and Ojo have both come from their respective clubs expecting starts otherwise the parent clubs wouldn't of let them go and equally they would of not wanted to join. That puts Mollo 3rd choice in that position and also the unknown signing from abroad that people were quick to assume would be rubbish so you have to forgive him being slightly over zealous and trying to impress imo. He's up against it but clearly wants to prove himself. Looks better than Ojo to me at this point, we are yet to see Graham of course.
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

AlexW132

Good to see people warming to him after some wrote him off before he even signed

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: AlexW132 on September 14, 2017, 01:46:52 PM
Good to see people warming to him after some wrote him off before he even signed

Way of the world. Look at poor Djalo. Mollo has pedigree though and should do well.

westcliff white

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on September 14, 2017, 02:01:56 PM

Way of the world. Look at poor Djalo. Mollo has pedigree though and should do well.
for me I was worried as he had been in Russia and not playing, he had a lot of potential when in France and played well there as well. If he recaptures that then he will do well for us. He has had just one start and a few minutes of the bench so to early to judge for me, but hopefully he continues the way he has
Every day is a Fulham day

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: westcliff white on September 14, 2017, 02:09:26 PM
Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on September 14, 2017, 02:01:56 PM

for me I was worried as he had been in Russia and not playing, he had a lot of potential when in France and played well there as well. If he recaptures that then he will do well for us. He has had just one start and a few minutes of the bench so to early to judge for me, but hopefully he continues the way he has

Indeed, first impressions are decent but that is all they are.

@jolslover

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 14, 2017, 08:20:18 AM
Sometimes when a player recieves possession there is a buzz around the ground, he has that presence, a little bit of the X factor about him. He will make things happen. We have been crying out for someone like him to break the mould.
Very much a competitor, and as has been mentioned, a bit of a rough diamond, but that's what we are going to need, some aggression if we are to progress up to the next level.
He gets a plus from me.

Good post agree. I get excited when he gets on the ball.
STH H3

Milo

dhowells21

Quote from: Milo on September 14, 2017, 07:21:15 PM
Well done to Mr Kline?

Shhh. None of that here please. (/s)

Keynsham

Chutney

Quote from: Statto on September 14, 2017, 08:03:01 AM
Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on September 14, 2017, 07:00:30 AM
To me he already looks like the type of player you want when you're doing well but the first you'd get out of the team if we are struggling. Something about him says me me me, like shooting when he has a simple pass for someone in a better position. He did this at the end of the game yesterday.

I like him though.

Sums up my thoughts too

Exactly this, he will be useful when we are playing well and clearly has tons of technical ability, but not a player to put in the team when we need to dig in and work together.
C O Y W

Otter idiot

Quote from: JakeFFC on September 14, 2017, 09:57:34 AM
The mistake from Mollo tonight that is raising eyebrows was his decision around the 90 + 5 to shoot the ball on our breakaway when he had 2-3 team mates in the box ready to receive for the 3rd goal. Maybe he is still needing to gel and isn't used to our positional play, or perhaps he is simply going for glory, but it was a poor decision.

Not to mention the fact they kicked the resulting corner straight out of play for a goal kick when holding it in the corner would have more than sufficed, such was the tension.

In response to the 90+5 minute moment. I have to jump to his defence as it happened right in front of my seat. He slightly overran so couldn't pull it back so tried to whip it in font of the defender across goal. It actually came off a Hull defenders boot and went onto the crossbar. Had it gone in it would have been an own goal (hence the corner being given) and as such I think he made the right decision trying to put it across the box for a tap in instead of a shot.

The corner. Well the less said the better. Thought giving it to Kamara to use a bit of his muscle to hold onto it would have been a better move but, hey ho, we got the 3 points in the end.
I completely agree. For me he has something few others in our team have. The bravery to take a shot. We need to have the bravery to pull the trigger more.

It didn't go in, but it could have bounced off for a rebound or what have you. And in this case we won a corner.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Southcoastffc

Agree with what most say above - looks promising and gives us a different dimension. Just one other possible cautionary note: Gentleman Jim was praising him in a recent commentary and said something like 'clearly a good player but has a record of off the field problems' . Lets hope there are no issues while he is with us.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

filham

[/quote

Jocanovic should be able to ensure that none of that happens again.

Samsara

Quote from: Southcoastffc on September 16, 2017, 12:43:57 AM
Agree with what most say above - looks promising and gives us a different dimension. Just one other possible cautionary note: Gentleman Jim was praising him in a recent commentary and said something like 'clearly a good player but has a record of off the field problems' . Lets hope there are no issues while he is with us.

probably talking about flipping off homophobic fans, which is light retribution honestly. Gentlemen Jim also suggested that he may have kissed Joe Bennett during the Cardiff game, which I thought was a weird comment. He also called Mollo selfish vs Hull. At the very least, we could say he's skeptical for one reason or another...

filham

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 14, 2017, 08:20:18 AM
Sometimes when a player recieves possession there is a buzz around the ground, he has that presence, a little bit of the X factor about him. He will make things happen. We have been crying out for someone like him to break the mould.
Very much a competitor, and as has been mentioned, a bit of a rough diamond, but that's what we are going to need, some aggression if we are to progress up to the next level.
He gets a plus from me.
Sounds like a possible replacement for Alluko.

grandad

Every team needs starters & replacements for injuries plus a couple of impact subs. Kamara & Mollo are perfect for the last 20-30 mins if changes are needed.
Where there's a will there's a wife

ChesterTheTabby

Needed Mollo today. He would have torn Burton apart.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"