Author Topic: Tonight's Ref  (Read 1061 times)

Offline Bill2

• Legend
Re: Tonight's Ref
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2017, 08:51:30 AM »
Sorry there were not any fouls that deserved cards in my opinion. Some comman sense word in the ear is the right way.
The other thing is he did make mistakes but all humans do. However he never looked biased and always had control

So If the same player makes 2, 3, 4 fouls you just keep letting that go as long as individually each one of them isn't that bad? That's the same situation we had with hoilett on Saturday, fouling over and over, none of them that bad on their own but everyone was screaming for him to be booked simply because he kept doing it
This is how most teams play against us, continual fouls. Nothing too bad just enough to break the play up and maybe leave a little mark on our player. I have said in the past that the refs need to get the cadds out as soon ad they start in the interest of football, otherwise the kickers and thugs win.

Online grandad

• Gentleman Jim
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2017, 09:04:41 AM »
An average ref for the 1st time this season. Did most of his duties apart from perhaps 1 yellow for a couple of their players committing numerous fouls. He should have played advantage when we were 3 on 1 & their defender pretended he was fouled when he took a fall.
My gripe is with the 4th Officials who do not do enough to control the Warnock like benches who scream & dance about to try & influence the refs to get players sent off.
I would love to see feedback from the Assessor in the stands but this is never going to happen as refs are untouchable.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Offline masterhaynes

• Lakey/Dark Room
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2017, 10:04:10 AM »
 :54:
It was an open game with less cynical fouling than Saturday so that made it easy for the ref but some of his decisions were wrong as Statto has described.

Its a bit over the top to praise someone for doing an average job!
:54:

Offline snarks

• Legend
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2017, 10:50:52 AM »
Having seen the still photo on twitter of Campbell's arm into Kalas' face, given that Campbell was jumping across Kalas it should have been a yellow and the ref bottled that (despite me thinking at the time it was a red) apart from that he was OK.

The hull player with the head injury when Fulham had a break, I can forgive that because of the way the guy fell, and given the ref was a yard or so away, whereas for Floyd I didn't think that was a head injury until he got up.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 12:56:19 PM by snarks »

Offline mrmicawbers

• Graham Leggat
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2017, 12:38:41 PM »
Compared to the coward against Cardiff he was okay. Blotted his copy book towards the end

Offline Skatzoffc

• Legend
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2017, 08:21:02 PM »
An average ref for the 1st time this season. Did most of his duties apart from perhaps 1 yellow for a couple of their players committing numerous fouls. He should have played advantage when we were 3 on 1 & their defender pretended he was fouled when he took a fall.
My gripe is with the 4th Officials who do not do enough to control the Warnock like benches who scream & dance about to try & influence the refs to get players sent off.
I would love to see feedback from the Assessor in the stands but this is never going to happen as refs are untouchable.

:plus one:

Johansson should not have been booked for that challenge imo. All down to the bench influence.

COYW!
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !