watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tonight's Ref

Started by Andy S, September 13, 2017, 11:37:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

To give credit where it is due, I thought tonight's referee Tim Robinson had a very good game. I'd like to say well done.

Andy S

Sorry there were not any fouls that deserved cards in my opinion. Some comman sense word in the ear is the right way.
The other thing is he did make mistakes but all humans do. However he never looked biased and always had control

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

agree
I thought he was very good, fair, and his decision making was mostly very good.

It wasn't a very 'dirty' game and only a couple of debatable dangerous tackles so, no great need to brandish the cards.

From what I saw, Frazier Campbell was only doing what beefy strikers do and nothing nasty like
purposeful elbows in the face stuff.
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Andy S

I think there is too much card waving from referees. I never like to see sending offs as it always spoils the game. I accept that sometimes it is inevitable but once a player gets booked there is only one decision to be made the next time it happens

peaty

Decent ref. Deserves credit. Then again, Colin wasn't present. And however you might criticise Hull, they weren't playing the kind of championship football that frequently results in injuries. Credit to Mr Slutsky.

bill taylors apprentice

It was an open game with less cynical fouling than Saturday so that made it easy for the ref but some of his decisions were wrong as Statto has described.

Its a bit over the top to praise someone for doing an average job!

toshes mate

Agree with BTA.  The referee is there to do a good job and praising or crediting Mr Robinson suggests to me that the general standards of refereeing in the Championship are actually abysmal.   He did his job - why the mention?

Legate21

Was not a fan personally. Thought he was generally poor.

But I wasn't at the game at the weekend so my review may be skew-wiff.

westcliff white

if the same player keeps fouling and say commited 3 then he should be booked, thats simple it is called persistant fouling and that is an offence. You see the refs showing them how many when they issue it.
Every day is a Fulham day

ron

It would be interesting to create a graph plotting overall opinion of ref on here against the result for FFC.

Andy S

A referees job is not to always be right as that is impossible. Some players cheat and do things behind the officials back deliberately. As long as a ref is consistent you cannot demand more. The same with the players football is an emotive game and the ref won't always get decisions correct. I'm sure people like Colin play on tha deliberately. However when a referee does a decent job I believe he deserves praise

Skatzoffc

Thought his name was Harrington? Or was that a lino.

Anyway. Agree with Statto.
Apart from a couple of things in the second half, pretty good considering the dire standard we've had so far.

A good result and much needed. But we make such hard work of it.
8-)

COYW!
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

_Putney_

When we lose, the ref was bad. When we win, the ref was good. hmmmmmmmm

Bill2

Quote from: Statto on September 14, 2017, 12:22:57 AM
Quote from: Andy S on September 13, 2017, 11:57:51 PM
Sorry there were not any fouls that deserved cards in my opinion. Some comman sense word in the ear is the right way.
The other thing is he did make mistakes but all humans do. However he never looked biased and always had control

So If the same player makes 2, 3, 4 fouls you just keep letting that go as long as individually each one of them isn't that bad? That's the same situation we had with hoilett on Saturday, fouling over and over, none of them that bad on their own but everyone was screaming for him to be booked simply because he kept doing it
This is how most teams play against us, continual fouls. Nothing too bad just enough to break the play up and maybe leave a little mark on our player. I have said in the past that the refs need to get the cadds out as soon ad they start in the interest of football, otherwise the kickers and thugs win.

grandad

An average ref for the 1st time this season. Did most of his duties apart from perhaps 1 yellow for a couple of their players committing numerous fouls. He should have played advantage when we were 3 on 1 & their defender pretended he was fouled when he took a fall.
My gripe is with the 4th Officials who do not do enough to control the Warnock like benches who scream & dance about to try & influence the refs to get players sent off.
I would love to see feedback from the Assessor in the stands but this is never going to happen as refs are untouchable.
Where there's a will there's a wife

masterhaynes

:54:
Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on September 14, 2017, 01:19:07 AM
It was an open game with less cynical fouling than Saturday so that made it easy for the ref but some of his decisions were wrong as Statto has described.

Its a bit over the top to praise someone for doing an average job!
:54:

snarks

Having seen the still photo on twitter of Campbell's arm into Kalas' face, given that Campbell was jumping across Kalas it should have been a yellow and the ref bottled that (despite me thinking at the time it was a red) apart from that he was OK.

The hull player with the head injury when Fulham had a break, I can forgive that because of the way the guy fell, and given the ref was a yard or so away, whereas for Floyd I didn't think that was a head injury until he got up.

mrmicawbers

Compared to the coward against Cardiff he was okay. Blotted his copy book towards the end

Skatzoffc

Quote from: grandad on September 14, 2017, 09:04:41 AM
An average ref for the 1st time this season. Did most of his duties apart from perhaps 1 yellow for a couple of their players committing numerous fouls. He should have played advantage when we were 3 on 1 & their defender pretended he was fouled when he took a fall.
My gripe is with the 4th Officials who do not do enough to control the Warnock like benches who scream & dance about to try & influence the refs to get players sent off.
I would love to see feedback from the Assessor in the stands but this is never going to happen as refs are untouchable.

:plus one:

Johansson should not have been booked for that challenge imo. All down to the bench influence.

COYW!
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !