Author Topic: Aluko  (Read 1558 times)

Offline maoconnor

• MAESTRO
  • We Live in Hope.
Aluko
« on: September 14, 2017, 04:11:34 AM »
Sone was at our game tonight - bloody good chap coming on over to cheer us on. He must have been a team favorite and made some pals.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Offline westcliff white

• Mr Fayed
Re: Aluko
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2017, 06:46:03 AM »
Personally disagree don't think he is a good chap at all, the way his move was allegedly engineered is disgraceful. Rumour has it he refused to play in order to leave it get a big fat deal absolutely shocking, no better than the Martin situation last season for me.

Did well for us over his 1 season with us, Reading become interested and his head is turned, a team no better than us and only wanted to go for a Prem team (his words in the summer). The club had a decision to make and personally for me they made the right choice, the team and club come first.
Every day is a Fulham day

Online dannyboi-ffc

• Gentleman Jim
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2017, 06:53:09 AM »
Not really sure if he's a good guy or not. But from a footballing point of view already I know they've made the right decision. I don't think we will miss him in the slightest, even Mollo looks like his end product will be better but let's be honest it's not hard to improve on the end product Sone offered.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @FOF_cast

Email- dannyboiffc@gmail.com
Email- fofcast@gmail.com

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Offline Mince n Tatties

• Gentleman Jim
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2017, 07:45:37 AM »
Joe ledley was there as well....Us or Hull?

Offline RaySmith

• cebu
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2017, 07:58:17 AM »
I suppose he must still have mates at Fulham, and at Hull -and is a decent bloke - why wouldn't he be?

We might question his ethics and loyalty to the club, but he would probably say -' would the club show me any loyalty if I lost form, or if it was in their interests to sell me?'

But as Danny says, we have moved on, and have got new  , exciting pacey , skilful players - who  will probably be better at finding the back of the net - Mollo and Ojo for a start.

Offline AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

• Graham Leggat
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2017, 08:46:25 AM »
Hull must be sick of us!
We sold Bullard to them for millions & he then (sadly) crocks himself permanently
We buy Aluko for nothing & sell him for millions
We then bet them 2-1 last night
COYW kick on now!

Offline Baszab

• Legend
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2017, 10:42:28 AM »
For goodness sake - it's a JOB to the players - most haven't got any loyalty to the club (well very few have ... Hangeland Rufus Kit etc) - maybe to a couple of mates ....

Offline hovewhite

• The Bard/Corked Hat
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2017, 10:44:29 AM »
Sone!who?

Online Jamie88

• Legend
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2017, 12:42:25 PM »
For goodness sake - it's a JOB to the players - most haven't got any loyalty to the club (well very few have ... Hangeland Rufus Kit etc) - maybe to a couple of mates ....

It's not about loyalty, it is to do with the way a player goes about getting a move.

Offline Baszab

• Legend
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2017, 12:46:58 PM »
If he wanted to get a new contract and FFC wouldn't agree - then he (and anyone else) would not feel wanted - mind you he didn't try much in that last home game !!

Offline filham

• Gentleman Jim
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2017, 12:50:43 PM »
Not really sure if he's a good guy or not. But from a footballing point of view already I know they've made the right decision. I don't think we will miss him in the slightest, even Mollo looks like his end product will be better but let's be honest it's not hard to improve on the end product Sone offered.
Sorry Dannyboi I don't quiet see it that way . Alluko was an attractive player with the ability to beat men and run at defences , performances this season indicate that he is being missed, we are having difficulties scoring.
Yes, Alluko did miss chances but even so he scored 8 goals last season, not sure that any of the summer signings will do that, I missed the game last night but reports suggest that we still have players capable of missing good chances.

As I see it we had an offer for Sonny that was on the high side and grabbed it with both hands putting the value of hard cash above the value of a players ability.

Offline westcliff white

• Mr Fayed
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2017, 12:56:58 PM »
Sorry Dannyboi I don't quiet see it that way . Alluko was an attractive player with the ability to beat men and run at defences , performances this season indicate that he is being missed, we are having difficulties scoring.
Yes, Alluko did miss chances but even so he scored 8 goals last season, not sure that any of the summer signings will do that, I missed the game last night but reports suggest that we still have players capable of missing good chances.

As I see it we had an offer for Sonny that was on the high side and grabbed it with both hands putting the value of hard cash above the value of a players ability.
everyone has there view but he asked not to play until a copntract or move was osrted, thats froma lot of social media and usual media, all rumours of ocurse but no smoke etc.

I dont think we have missed hjim too much peronsally, won our first game of the season at Ipswich without him and are unbeaten since then, so all in all not too bad.

We have players who miss good chances? add alujo to that and we have one more, he did score 8 but even that was less than Martin and he barely put an effort in.

He did very well for us (and I am grateful for his efforts and output) but lets not make him out to be better than he was. His pace and dribbling were poutstanding, but his end product unless it was a pass was pretty average, Ojo in his two appearences so far seems to have a better end product, similar for Mollo. Ojo looks as quick too, so maybe we have come out of it better equipped.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 12:58:58 PM by westcliff white »
Every day is a Fulham day

Offline Bill2

• Legend
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2017, 12:58:37 PM »
Couldn't agree more, he got a longer contract what is in a very short career so good luck to him. I a  sure we do the same in our own line of work.

Offline Lighthouse

• Moritz Volz
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2017, 01:15:33 PM »
Always odd that as a job you go on your day off and watch other people do the same job. He played for both clubs so I suppose it makes sense.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Online cmg

• Gentleman Jim
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2017, 01:26:55 PM »
Good luck to the bloke.

If he got a multi-year deal when we, quite sensibly, were offering only a short-term one then he made a sensible, professional choice.
If we got anything like the numbers quoted for him then we got an unmissable deal for someone we got on a free.

He delivered plenty for us and we learned exactly what he could and couldn't do. His skills will be missed but are not irreplaceable.

He always struck me as a sensible and articulate guy and he seems to have been well liked by his team mates.

A decent outcome all round would be my take on it. Welcome back at any time.
Nothing was delivered