watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Aluko

Started by ChesterTheTabby, September 14, 2017, 04:11:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChesterTheTabby

Sone was at our game tonight - bloody good chap coming on over to cheer us on. He must have been a team favorite and made some pals.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

westcliff white

Personally disagree don't think he is a good chap at all, the way his move was allegedly engineered is disgraceful. Rumour has it he refused to play in order to leave it get a big fat deal absolutely shocking, no better than the Martin situation last season for me.

Did well for us over his 1 season with us, Reading become interested and his head is turned, a team no better than us and only wanted to go for a Prem team (his words in the summer). The club had a decision to make and personally for me they made the right choice, the team and club come first.
Every day is a Fulham day

dannyboi-ffc

Not really sure if he's a good guy or not. But from a footballing point of view already I know they've made the right decision. I don't think we will miss him in the slightest, even Mollo looks like his end product will be better but let's be honest it's not hard to improve on the end product Sone offered.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Mince n Tatties

Joe ledley was there as well....Us or Hull?

RaySmith

I suppose he must still have mates at Fulham, and at Hull -and is a decent bloke - why wouldn't he be?

We might question his ethics and loyalty to the club, but he would probably say -' would the club show me any loyalty if I lost form, or if it was in their interests to sell me?'

But as Danny says, we have moved on, and have got new  , exciting pacey , skilful players - who  will probably be better at finding the back of the net - Mollo and Ojo for a start.

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Hull must be sick of us!
We sold Bullard to them for millions & he then (sadly) crocks himself permanently
We buy Aluko for nothing & sell him for millions
We then bet them 2-1 last night
COYW kick on now!

Baszab

For goodness sake - it's a JOB to the players - most haven't got any loyalty to the club (well very few have ... Hangeland Rufus Kit etc) - maybe to a couple of mates ....

hovewhite

Jamie88

Quote from: Baszab on September 14, 2017, 10:42:28 AM
For goodness sake - it's a JOB to the players - most haven't got any loyalty to the club (well very few have ... Hangeland Rufus Kit etc) - maybe to a couple of mates ....

It's not about loyalty, it is to do with the way a player goes about getting a move.

Baszab

If he wanted to get a new contract and FFC wouldn't agree - then he (and anyone else) would not feel wanted - mind you he didn't try much in that last home game !!

filham

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on September 14, 2017, 06:53:09 AM
Not really sure if he's a good guy or not. But from a footballing point of view already I know they've made the right decision. I don't think we will miss him in the slightest, even Mollo looks like his end product will be better but let's be honest it's not hard to improve on the end product Sone offered.
Sorry Dannyboi I don't quiet see it that way . Alluko was an attractive player with the ability to beat men and run at defences , performances this season indicate that he is being missed, we are having difficulties scoring.
Yes, Alluko did miss chances but even so he scored 8 goals last season, not sure that any of the summer signings will do that, I missed the game last night but reports suggest that we still have players capable of missing good chances.

As I see it we had an offer for Sonny that was on the high side and grabbed it with both hands putting the value of hard cash above the value of a players ability.

westcliff white

Quote from: filham on September 14, 2017, 12:50:43 PM
Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on September 14, 2017, 06:53:09 AM
Sorry Dannyboi I don't quiet see it that way . Alluko was an attractive player with the ability to beat men and run at defences , performances this season indicate that he is being missed, we are having difficulties scoring.
Yes, Alluko did miss chances but even so he scored 8 goals last season, not sure that any of the summer signings will do that, I missed the game last night but reports suggest that we still have players capable of missing good chances.

As I see it we had an offer for Sonny that was on the high side and grabbed it with both hands putting the value of hard cash above the value of a players ability.
everyone has there view but he asked not to play until a copntract or move was osrted, thats froma lot of social media and usual media, all rumours of ocurse but no smoke etc.

I dont think we have missed hjim too much peronsally, won our first game of the season at Ipswich without him and are unbeaten since then, so all in all not too bad.

We have players who miss good chances? add alujo to that and we have one more, he did score 8 but even that was less than Martin and he barely put an effort in.

He did very well for us (and I am grateful for his efforts and output) but lets not make him out to be better than he was. His pace and dribbling were poutstanding, but his end product unless it was a pass was pretty average, Ojo in his two appearences so far seems to have a better end product, similar for Mollo. Ojo looks as quick too, so maybe we have come out of it better equipped.
Every day is a Fulham day

Bill2

Quote from: Baszab on September 14, 2017, 10:42:28 AM
Couldn't agree more, he got a longer contract what is in a very short career so good luck to him. I a  sure we do the same in our own line of work.

Lighthouse

Always odd that as a job you go on your day off and watch other people do the same job. He played for both clubs so I suppose it makes sense.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

cmg

Good luck to the bloke.

If he got a multi-year deal when we, quite sensibly, were offering only a short-term one then he made a sensible, professional choice.
If we got anything like the numbers quoted for him then we got an unmissable deal for someone we got on a free.

He delivered plenty for us and we learned exactly what he could and couldn't do. His skills will be missed but are not irreplaceable.

He always struck me as a sensible and articulate guy and he seems to have been well liked by his team mates.

A decent outcome all round would be my take on it. Welcome back at any time.

grandad

I hope he paid for his own ticket. If he got a comp why cant I having supported for 63 years.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Keynsham

Yeah.  The whole 'a long time retired' is beginning to lose it's relevance to me when it comes to guys that are paid as much as this lot are.

copthornemike

In one sense not surprising he turned up to see his recent / former Fulham team mates as on the whole he appeared to enjoy his time here, and alsohe would have known a few of the Hull team as well.
I was sorry to see him leave. He was one of those players who does excite fans with his skill to beat a couple of defenders (albeit as so many have pointed out a shame he could not convert more of his chances, many of which he created) yet worked hard when the team did  not have the ball.
In the end probably worked out well for all concerned and I can only wish him well until he plays against us - after all he played an important part in a memorable 2016-2017 season.

filham

The other point about Alluko was that he had been with us for a whole season and had played in almost every game, he was therefore the managers 1st choice in his position and we were aware of his abilities and his reliability.
Our attack is not now firing on all cylinders and the manager is experimenting with different players, it is going to take a while to find the best combination.
Without Alluko and the injured Cairney we are not the same attacking force we were last season.

aaronmcguigan

you go where you're wanted. Sone Aluko has said a lot about his transfer but hasn't said a word about money. The clubs haven't disclosed anything either. Sone has said a lot about thanking the Reading guys who have shown a great deal of determination and dedication in wanting him there, having him on board and seeing him as crucial to the club.

There's nothing to show that we matched that desire other than Slav saying he wanted to keep him, which by Slavs own words was limited as he has no control over who goes where.
In the end he went to the highest bidder and I doubt many other players would stay while being offered more money elsewhere, a place where the manager is openly coveting your services.

He's set himself up for a big pay packet well into his mid 30s, when he could end up being league 1 quality . He reminds me of a Leroy Lita type player who's stock went up and down but he never managed to find that major contract at the peak of form. When Lita was the same age Aluko is now, he was at Swansea in the premier league, but a loss of form and injuries had him out of the team and hitting 30 he ended up at Barnsley then Yeovil and now somewhere in Thailand.

Footballers are a fickle bunch, but by tomorrow they could be yesterday's news if they aren't on a healthy long contract outside of that premier league bubble. Sone has set himself up nicely and FairPlay to him. He and we both win out of that transfer.