News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army-Was there a game last night?

Started by bog, September 14, 2017, 08:21:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

Did we have a game last night? The BBC didn't seem t think so. All I had to keep up with the game last night was Wireless 5...or so I thought....however, not one single mention of the game at all. I do appreciate that the over bloated money making exercise of the Champion's League does take a higher billing...but all games should be at least mentioned if only the final score.... but no. Grrr  :dft007:

092.gif

Kent Cassandra

Hi Mike
On the way to the match I picked up the Metro amd the evening standard which are supposed to be London Papers....All about the Champions League and the Premiership. I remember in the good old days when the standard gave football results on a Saturday evening in the stop press.  How times have changed...Double Grrr
Cornish Cassandra 1996, Don Quixote 2002, Kent Cassandra 2009.

filham

A nice long report on the match in this morning's Telegraph for a change. It seems as though our manager was not at all pleased about our missed chances.

bog

Hello Terry, even on the red button on my tv they did not give a team line up before and after no match report. Hope you are well. I recall the pink Evening Standard.....

The Mail had a good spread today as well. Gasp!

092.gif

Keynsham

bog

Quote from: Keynsham on September 14, 2017, 05:45:03 PM
It was live on Talksport 2.

Thanks for that, mind you that is typical that I cannot get that station on my freeview...more grrr! fp.gif

092.gif

Keynsham

Quote from: bog on September 14, 2017, 05:48:04 PM

Thanks for that, mind you that is typical that I cannot get that station on my freeview...more grrr! fp.gif

092.gif

How annoying!

You might be able get it through your mobile, or whatever you use to access the internet next time we're on.

bog

Quote from: Keynsham on September 14, 2017, 05:49:49 PM
Quote from: bog on September 14, 2017, 05:48:04 PM

092.gif

How annoying!

You might be able get it through your mobile, or whatever you use to access the internet next time we're on.

You have not seen my mobile!!

epsomraver

It was reported live on the BBC football website with live updates, text and a running commentary, not sure were you were looking

SP

grandad

I remember the News & Standard Pink which by the time I got back to Southfields it was on the news stand with results & at least the 1st half reports & pictures.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Andy S

There was competition from the Evening News in those days. But come on guys it was never perfect in those days and only a 2 inch report in the following mornings papers

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Neenin Standud

Always good to get back to the Melbourne pub in Wallington (after the game) & review the first half report

What Steve Earle, Les Barrett & Jimmy Conway got up to by way of chances & scoring

Recalling the second half & how it actually finished

Consuming many pints of Worthington E I think...& discussing the game with mates

Happy days...

ScalleysDad

I suspect many of those happy souls who used to yell "STAND EEERD" outside tube stations and street corners and the more illustrious vending outlets like Paddington and Waterloo where they would just yell "PAP AARGH!" all went on to become Fulham stewards where they carry on that fine art by yelling "SID DOWN" every time I rise slightly to adjust my trouser line.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: ScalleysDad on September 14, 2017, 10:44:09 PM
I suspect many of those happy souls who used to yell "STAND EEERD" outside tube stations and street corners and the more illustrious vending outlets like Paddington and Waterloo where they would just yell "PAP AARGH!" all went on to become Fulham stewards where they carry on that fine art by yelling "SID DOWN" every time I rise slightly to adjust my trouser line.

Brilliant... lol