watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The reason I love our manager.....

Started by glenhodgso, September 14, 2017, 09:43:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

glenhodgso

Is his honest opinion of how we play and what we must do to improve.  I get the sense that should we  ever be promoted, win the Premier League and even the Champions League, he'd be upset about an easily conceded goal, or a missed chance. He's never satisfied- and that makes him a winner in my book. .

Oh - the last line in the 'Head Coach Reaction' is priceless....

Head Coach Reaction
https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/september/13/head-coach-reaction-hull

Bill2

To be frank I think we are playing the most attractive football I have ever seen in all my years (55 plus) of supporting the glorious Fulham. It is without a doubt  the most attractive in the Championship and even the opposition are saying it.

OK we need to do some work defensively but there is not one player in our squad who would not walk in to any of  the other teams.

bog

To me we are playing the best football since the Tigana days and nights. Every time I hear of another club's manager being shown the door I worry.....

092.gif

filham

Quote from: Bill2 on September 14, 2017, 01:19:16 PM
To be frank I think we are playing the most attractive football I have ever seen in all my years (55 plus) of supporting the glorious Fulham. It is without a doubt  the most attractive in the Championship and even the opposition are saying it.

OK we need to do some work defensively but there is not one player in our squad who would not walk in to any of  the other teams.
No, we are not playing as well as we were in the second half of last season. We are struggling because of the loss of Cairney and Alluko which is not really surprising.

NogoodBoyo

Quote from: glenhodgso on September 14, 2017, 09:43:54 AM
Is his honest opinion of how we play and what we must do to improve.  I get the sense that should we  ever be promoted, win the Premier League and even the Champions League, he'd be upset about an easily conceded goal, or a missed chance. He's never satisfied- and that makes him a winner in my book. .

Oh - the last line in the 'Head Coach Reaction' is priceless....

Head Coach Reaction
https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/september/13/head-coach-reaction-hull

"All the other games at home are heart-attack games, which is not healthy!"
Nogood "loving his broken Englian Serbish, isit" Boyo

BestOfBrede

Great thread and agree with what everyone stated except the usual doom and gloom post, that attempts to put an enthusiastic feeling to bed!
This manager is the best since Tigana and we must keep him at all costs!

hovewhite

Agree best football since Tigana,lovin it.

Mince n Tatties

Top man.....But give us a smile sometime Slava. :Haynes The Maestro:

f bloke

Personally I think the best football I have seen at Fulham is under Jol with a midfield of Dempsey, Dembele, Diarra, Murphy and Duff

toshes mate

Quote from: glenhodgso on September 14, 2017, 09:43:54 AM
He's never satisfied- and that makes him a winner in my book.

In essence I don't think you can satisfy someone like Jokanovic because he'll still believe you can always be better in much the way he played the game himself.  I also feel he is a firm believer in the 'total football' ethics of Johann Cruyff where players can do almost anything they want as long as they believe in themselves.  I would guess that is why he is such a hard taskmaster on the training ground and the reason why he was just a tad upset with Fulham's pre-season (or non-pre-season) which is why we have stuttered a little, compared to December to May, in our first seven games.   But I see signs of better, much better, to come already and I expect us to go on a run to beat all runs from mid-October onward if not just before.  I think he has sharp eyes for what matters in players' abilities and that is why he is quick to dismiss inferior goods.

I hope history will come to mark the Jokanovic era as one of the best Fulham have ever had because the guy is trying really hard to give the Club just that.   I hope the owners appreciate his efforts and try to better themselves too.

Bill2

Quote from: filham on September 14, 2017, 02:56:22 PM

No, we are not playing as well as we were in the second half of last season. We are struggling because of the loss of Cairney and Alluko which is not really surprising.
You have made a fair point although I was not really referring to just this season but to his tenure since joining. The football us fast direct and exciting. My only worry which is mentioned elsewhere is any vacancy in the Prem or top league in Europe they must be looking at Slavisa.

hovewhite

Quote from: Bill2 on September 14, 2017, 05:39:07 PM
Quote from: filham on September 14, 2017, 02:56:22 PM

You have made a fair point although I was not really referring to just this season but to his tenure since joining. The football us fast direct and exciting. My only worry which is mentioned elsewhere is any vacancy in the Prem or top league in Europe they must be looking at Slavisa.
Any club needing a manager is going to be looking at SJ,just hope he stays and takes fulham up with him rather than getting tempted away.

bog

We took a while to get going last season.  TC is a massive miss, my major concerns are centred on how long before he is fit again. 

092.gif

RaySmith

Will he be tempted away if we don't go up this season?

Chutney

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on September 14, 2017, 04:26:36 PM
Top man.....But give us a smile sometime Slava. :Haynes The Maestro:

Nothing to smile about until we are up there and competing for promotion, I completely agree with his attitude and sentiment that we need to do better, its not been good enough so far and Slav is the first to say so.

Its brilliant to have an ambitious manager, and we must do everything possible to keep him.
C O Y W

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: BestOfBrede on September 14, 2017, 03:42:30 PM
Great thread and agree with what everyone stated except the usual doom and gloom post, that attempts to put an enthusiastic feeling to bed!
This manager is the best since Tigana and we must keep him at all costs!

Couldn't agree more. Top man.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.